Wechat wallet

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I added a GrabPay Mastercard to my wechat App, card had been successfully added,

However Unable to use the Grab mastercard inside the WeChat
APP to :
1) Transfer funds to another wechat user
2) Top up my Wechat wallet

Then what is the point of adding the card... ? is this normal ?

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I added a GrabPay Mastercard to my wechat App, card had been successfully added,
However Unable to use the Grab mastercard inside the WeChat
APP to :
1) Transfer funds to another wechat user
2) Top up my Wechat wallet
Then what is the point of adding the card... ? is this normal ?

This is normal. You have to have a mainland China bank card in order to top-up and transfer, which is nearly impossible for most of the people here.

On the other hand, adding a Singapore Credit card may enable you to have limited usages, for example, it may be useful for apps purchase.

It has become more and more stringent over the years. Previously I could still transfer out using the balance (but not top up). Now my balance is stuck and can not be used. Luckily the amount is not high at RMB213. I was using the balance to pay for QQ Music VIP, now it prompts me to pay using the linked Singapore credit card.

dilphinus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't read thru this thread.

I recently (like about a week plus ago) set up my wechat wallet. Linked my YouTrip card to it. Works like a charm. Rate was pretty good too.

I bought something on JD.com. Direct and immediate deduction from my YouTrip card. I didn't even have to top up the wechat wallet.

If it even matters, none of my SG issued credit cards worked on JD.com. Even the YouTrip didn't work on JD.com.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.