Wechat wallet

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
For overseas transaction, NETSPay applies the foreign currency exchange rates provided by our global payment network partner, UnionPay International. The transaction amount will be converted to SGD and deducted from your NETSPay prepaid wallet.
A 1% admin fee for overseas transaction also applies.

There is QR code inside the Netspay app. Work kinda like wechat but with Singapore nets card

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

I tried this today in China. 40rmb I got charge 8.01 sgd. Rate is quite ok at 4.993.

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only convenient app to use in China is their cab hailing app Didi Chuxing. It links to your credit card and use it as how Grab/Uber does. Simple.

But for Wechat and Alipay is still a hurdle. If regular visitor, trader, business, working in China, of course will keep a China number, open a China bank account, have a China address. Why would a 5-day trip tourist do the above mentioned?? These one-off tourist is better off paying in cash.
Your second para is what most Singaporeans who don't work in China but only go there for a one week holiday for eg want to know.

You see something selling for 10 yuan. You don't have Wechat/Alipay or whatever, you can't scan the QR code, but you have a wad of RMB 100 notes which you just changed in Singapore. And the shop does not have RMB 90 for change...so, what do you do? Pay RMB 100 cash and forget about the change? Or forgo all your shopping? :s13:

There are so many pages at this thread which make it really way too time consuming to find those posts to find the answers, if anyone had already posted about what they should do.

cottoncloud123

Reaction score
Anybody knows any ways to unblock my wechat account other than the wechat guidelines? The guidelines they gave didnt work for me even with the help of my friend.

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway after 6 days in China. I would say for tourist just use cash. It's still accepted everywhere. If you have only 100 notes just change it with the hotel when you reach. Places that accepts union pay just use the netspay wallet function. The exchange rate is actually quite good.

Last edited:

Trent_83

Reaction score
May i know which part of China u went?

Unionpay means credit card?

Anyway after 6 days in China. I would say for tourist just use cash. It's still accepted everywhere. If you have only 100 notes just change it with the hotel when you reach. Places that accepts union pay just use the netspay wallet function. The exchange rate is actually quite good.

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
May i know which part of China u went?

Unionpay means credit card?

Was in hangzhou. If you use the netspay you will get a china QR code in the app that allows the retailer there to scan your unionpay qr code for payment. You won't physically have a unionpay account, its just a tie up between unionpay and netspay.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Shanghai/Hangzhou, cash is fine .

Even Adidas Outlet doesn’t have VIsa/MasterCard though.

starcrys

Reaction score
Hm...I got my wallet to appear on wechat...but couldn't seem to get the red packet option to come up...Does it just pop up a few days later? (I see someone in the front pages having that.) Transfers just doesn't seem to work to have the red packet option come up...I don't have someone to send me a red packet to open up the option too...Haiz...Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, waited for about a day before the red packet and transfer options showed up.

Last edited:

superhero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just came back from Tianjin/Beijing.

I did not verify my WeChat wallet but I got someone to transfer me SGD 7K into my wallet.

It is extremely convienent to use WeChat and accepted at 99% of the places , even at the road side illegal pushcarts.

Visa/Masters are only accepted at certain upscale shops/areas, so do keep a little bit of cash as standby.

It is entirely possible to survive and travel with a WeChat wallet only.

Scylla

Reaction score
I just came back from Tianjin/Beijing.

I did not verify my WeChat wallet but I got someone to transfer me SGD 7K into my wallet.

It is extremely convienent to use WeChat and accepted at 99% of the places , even at the road side illegal pushcarts.

Visa/Masters are only accepted at certain upscale shops/areas, so do keep a little bit of cash as standby.

It is entirely possible to survive and travel with a WeChat wallet only.

suddenly i couldnt use my wechat wallet.... it says requires verification. i have about 20k rmb inside... any idea how?

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suddenly i couldnt use my wechat wallet.... it says requires verification. i have about 20k rmb inside... any idea how?
go for verification lo

not as if you are dealing with illegal stuffs

Scylla

Reaction score
go for verification lo

not as if you are dealing with illegal stuffs

yea... but the money from a mini program which i made... hope wont kena anything... zzz waiting for reply. damn troublesome.

starcrys

Reaction score
Erm can check with you all, if verify by sg credit card liao (just 1 cc only), what is the limit for the account (cos seems got type I, type II and Type III and all got different transfer limit)? Is it the 1k rmb/lifetime limit? Can upgrade the account type (without cc or bank acc from CHN)?Also if need additional verification, how to do this additional verification?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was in one of the very locally popular food outlets in Shanghai last week & I noticed that the locals were paying by cash only .
No wonder as it had a sign saying :
現金交易 at the counter.

WeChat Pay / Alipay gets no food here.

Last edited:

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was in one of the very locally popular food outlets in Shanghai last week & I noticed that the locals were paying by cash only .
No wonder as it had a sign saying :
現金交易 at the counter.

WeChat Pay / Alipay gets no food here.

Siam TAX..

Taurus123

Reaction score
Erm can check with you all, if verify by sg credit card liao (just 1 cc only), what is the limit for the account (cos seems got type I, type II and Type III and all got different transfer limit)? Is it the 1k rmb/lifetime limit? Can upgrade the account type (without cc or bank acc from CHN)?Also if need additional verification, how to do this additional verification?

Thanks in advance.
I was able to use wechat wallet linked credit card to pay for my ctrip train and flight tickets. I don't think the limit applies in cases where the money is deducted from credit cards via wechat wallet.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.