Where to tailor clothes, continued...

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
anyone made suit at Lai En recently?

else anyone has any recommendations? Realised idk where all my matching pants went liao, need do one set for presentations and stuff..
Lai En business sibei good. Everyday packed like mad. Lead time probably 3 weeks on average
 

spectrearc

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
25
Lai En business sibei good. Everyday packed like mad. Lead time probably 3 weeks on average
I think ok for me bah, just need it in time for buddy's wedding at year-end

Any idea on the pricing for a half/full canvassed suit nowadays?

Wish they'd go to a less ulu area but i guess they will up price if they do that
 

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
9,098
Reaction score
771
Anyone into leather jackets? Buying a decent one is very hard as the sleeves length are almost always too long for me. Altering is ok which i have done before but arm pit holes tend to become tighter.
Any SG tailors doing bespoke leather jackets?
 

Rong626

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
181
Anyone into leather jackets? Buying a decent one is very hard as the sleeves length are almost always too long for me. Altering is ok which i have done before but arm pit holes tend to become tighter.
Any SG tailors doing bespoke leather jackets?
In singapore weather!?
 

numzkull

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2000
Messages
699
Reaction score
56
i’ve a sleeve button which has dropped off from a jacket sleeve. anyone can recommend a place to get it fixed?

the same thing happened previously and i sent to Meng Yee to get it fixed. but the workmanship wasn’t so good as in the button looked stiff and tightly sewn on the sleeve with a weird angle compared to the original placement of the other sleeve buttons which were overlapped on both sleeves.

so wondering if others here have other recommendations. appreciate it.
 

freescoring

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
1
I used to go to seamless bespoke for shirts but am looking for a cheaper option because i don't need to go into office that often. Any recommendation for around 120 a shirt or thereabouts?
 

Moratia

Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
219
Reaction score
62
Could go to Yong Seng for that price thereabouts. I actually felt that my YS shirts were more comfortable than my SB one at the rib area
 

Rong626

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
181
For my first ever bespoke experience, I made four trousers at tcr1982. One brown, two greys and one navy. At 229$ per trouser, I'd a selection of wool blend fabrics to choose from. I found the price agreeable with me as I was already paying the same amount for mtm trousers.

I wonder if the wrinkling at the crotch area is preventable throughout the day?

 

SAMYMuslc

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
I think ok for me bah, just need it in time for buddy's wedding at year-end

Any idea on the pricing for a half/full canvassed suit nowadays?

Wish they'd go to a less ulu area but i guess they will up price if they do that
I did a 100% wool half canvas at fashion tailor. Around 800
 

spectrearc

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
25
Thanks for the feedback! Just stopped by lai en today since I was near that area

current pricing 488, 588, 688 for fabric, add 200 for canvas (else is fused), includes 1 pair of pants
Think 688 is australian wool and 588 is merino wool, didn't look at 488 fabric

138 for additional pants (for 688 fabric, price will change based on fabric)

Did 1 suit + additional pants, total 888 + 138

Overall not too bad, but they did say that there's a backlog so I think really need to highlight if there's a tight deadline
 

Matcha maybe

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I’m thinking of getting a work shirt for my friend, he is into stripes, any recommendations? I am not too sure about how such shirts should cost and what material is the best? Did some research and most people recommended Oxford shirts but is that a type of shirt style or a choice of fabric? it’s quite confusing 😩
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top