Where to tailor clothes, continued...

Reddit

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
734
Reaction score
147
I bought 100% cotton for rmb80 and solid
that is a very good deal! means around $15 right? that's crazy... altering it for a better fit will cost maybe another $10. I can see why you would want to buy from Taobao instead
 

maruku2002

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2024
Messages
389
Reaction score
293
I went Lai En 2 months back. First time tailoring with them. I feel they sort of assume everyone is going for the slim fit tight until body is gonna burst style. Even then, I felt in terms of workmanship, some portions are tight/fitting, some parts are loose.

Overall, the experience is just... okay

I went 1st time to LaiEn in Apr also, opposite of your assumption, i asked to taper mine instead XD. Yeah for the quality/price i couldnt ask for more. Experience wise is okay (no negatives, normal), i was left to my own device to browse the material until i decided on the 5 white mats i wanted then the lady boss come in to measure me.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Lai En is so busy until totally no service liao. The aunties used to be very good and give you suggestions on the colors. Lately I decided not to tailor as mentioned above. I bought my top from Taobao at $15. They use 100% xinjiang cotton (probably cheapo cotton compared to Egyptian cotton). But I have no issue as it is cheap and feels better than the plastic materials used by G2000. For pants, this brand called HLA sells good quality pants at $20-30. The cutting is also rather slim cut so it gives that impression that it is fitting:. What I love is the material is slightly elastic so it kind of stretches and makes fitting more comfortable when needed.

Their 3 piece suit if on a discount cost just $80. lol! Really no horse run
 

benzene

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
117
Just to share i did a suit plus one shirt at Penang.
Reached Wednesday and collected on Friday.
Damage : RM1850 (by credit card)
 

coey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
6,874
Reaction score
1,170
The uncle is back to the same usual spot at Seah Im again.
But prices are slightly pricier post covid.
Seah im Vivo tailor probably moved to the east. Seah im have a few more tailors. Not sure good or not. Anyone use them?
 

coey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
6,874
Reaction score
1,170
Anyone tried shirt tailoring in Guang Zhou ? Any recommendations are welcome 🙏
 

jtlyr05

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
which site to use for Taobao shirt tailor? interested in non iron fabrics
If you’re looking for affordable shirts, a brand on tb called CULTUM is decent; their higher end products are sold under ACME CULTUM, can give them a try as well. I’m pretty satisfied with my purchases considering the price point.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top