Which Brand for Dp 1.4 cable?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
I brought Elecom Displayport cable from Amazon Japan.
Around $50 including shipping, so far so good.
The cable I brought is v1.2, v1.4 is too expensive and
not all monitors DP port is v1.4.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
I brought Elecom Displayport cable from Amazon Japan.
Around $50 including shipping, so far so good.
The cable I brought is v1.2, v1.4 is too expensive and
not all monitors DP port is v1.4.

Wah Lau!
$50 for a v1.2 Cable.
I think a $20 v1.4 Cable can meet your requirement liao bah.
 

hg2

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,971
Reaction score
810
I brought Elecom Displayport cable from Amazon Japan.
Around $50 including shipping, so far so good.
The cable I brought is v1.2, v1.4 is too expensive and
not all monitors DP port is v1.4.

Challanger also carries "Elecom", brought several accesories from there... got a feeling got "carroted" paying a 200% premium...

So far, the best cable used is from "Monster" brand... not sure challenger still carrries it these days...
 
Last edited:

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
5,363
Reaction score
62
wtf lol the more i read the more confuse and harder to decide...

i made this thread to make my decision easier..
and yet..
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
Before you start name calling me, plz get facts right.

Cable itself is $20, shipping through Vpost is ex cost me
around $30 thus $50.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B00R1BUNGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not local or through Taobao or Alibaba where shipping is cheap.
The v1.4 cable cost around $80+.
FYI locally there is no Elecom displayport cable, only VGA or HDMI.

I have ask the distributor before I placed order, they say they are
not bringing it yet unless there is demand for it.
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,640
Reaction score
618
Before you start name calling me, plz get facts right.

Cable itself is $20, shipping through Vpost is ex cost me
around $30 thus $50.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B00R1BUNGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not local or through Taobao or Alibaba where shipping is cheap.
The v1.4 cable cost around $80+.
FYI locally there is no Elecom displayport cable, only VGA or HDMI.

I have ask the distributor before I placed order, they say they are
not bringing it yet unless there is demand for it.

yeap elecomm cables are good stuff but can only be sourced from japan..
they are DP certified as well.
 

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
5,363
Reaction score
62
Before you start name calling me, plz get facts right.

Cable itself is $20, shipping through Vpost is ex cost me
around $30 thus $50.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B00R1BUNGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not local or through Taobao or Alibaba where shipping is cheap.
The v1.4 cable cost around $80+.
FYI locally there is no Elecom displayport cable, only VGA or HDMI.

I have ask the distributor before I placed order, they say they are
not bringing it yet unless there is demand for it.

chill chill .... dont so serious.

btw why didnt u take a risk on those 10-20bux ugreen/vention cables? maybe also works well
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
Any recommendation for hdmi too? My laptop doesnt have display port.
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,764
Reaction score
30,380
Instead of taking so many risks and buying so many things...

Why not ask the seller why the screen does not work at the advertised resolution using the cable that is in the same box

I once bought 4 HDMI cables and two didn't work for a 1080p connection, I told the guy 2 didn't work, and he refunded me the money.

Science so much for what. Not like the demonstration of knowledge has actually managed to solve the issue.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
chill chill .... dont so serious.

btw why didnt u take a risk on those 10-20bux ugreen/vention cables? maybe also works well

Sorry not a supporter of China brands.
FYI I just went SLS also saw some Ugreen Displayport cable around $49.
The price I rather buy Elecom cable + shipping would be more worth it.
 

nakedtons

Banned
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
5,219
Reaction score
1,832
Sorry for bringing up an old thread! I currently have issues with my PC which I am starting to suspect it was due to the DP cable provided by the monitor. Connection isn't very tight and can easily wriggle about up and down. I also researched on the pin 20 issue. Even read comments saying that a bad dp cable could even fried a GPU which scares me. Could it be the dp cable provided by the monitor isn't very good? My issues are in this thread. Can skip to the last post if lazy to read.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/pc-suddenly-stop-posting-but-fans-spinning.6979769/page-2

Those $10 sold on Shopee seem to be made from China even though sold in Singapore and cannot be verified if it is vesa certified. So I look to Amazon and found this. I supposed this is vesa certified?

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B076D6GGG8...TVLUTYNP1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
 
Last edited:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
Sorry for bringing up an old thread! I currently have issues with my PC which I am starting to suspect it was due to the DP cable provided by the monitor. Connection isn't very tight and can easily wriggle about up and down. I also researched on the pin 20 issue. Even read comments saying that a bad dp cable could even fried a GPU which scares me. Could it be the dp cable provided by the monitor isn't very good? My issues are in this thread. Can skip to the last post if lazy to read.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/pc-suddenly-stop-posting-but-fans-spinning.6979769/page-2

Those $10 sold on Shopee seem to be made from China even though sold in Singapore and cannot be verified if it is vesa certified. So I look to Amazon and found this. I supposed this is vesa certified?

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B076D6GGG8...TVLUTYNP1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

What exactly is the problem? If you tried using HDMI and PC still no display is another issue.
 

liewhl

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
1,605
Reaction score
60
Sorry for bringing up an old thread! I currently have issues with my PC which I am starting to suspect it was due to the DP cable provided by the monitor. Connection isn't very tight and can easily wriggle about up and down. I also researched on the pin 20 issue. Even read comments saying that a bad dp cable could even fried a GPU which scares me. Could it be the dp cable provided by the monitor isn't very good? My issues are in this thread. Can skip to the last post if lazy to read.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/pc-suddenly-stop-posting-but-fans-spinning.6979769/page-2

Those $10 sold on Shopee seem to be made from China even though sold in Singapore and cannot be verified if it is vesa certified. So I look to Amazon and found this. I supposed this is vesa certified?

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B076D6GGG8...TVLUTYNP1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

if you think is cable issue, then you should try to use hdmi cable first or try to use your pc with GPU if your PC supported on board gpu
 

liewhl

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
1,605
Reaction score
60
Not sure if your GPU is so cable sensitive or not.

I still advice you to take out component from your system and reseat them back properly again, maybe some other internal cable or components is not plug properly.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
https://www.amazon.sg/KabelDirekt-D...100-b986-9f7fadb3862a&pd_rd_i=B07HL336L2&th=1

https://www.amazon.sg/KabelDirekt-DisplayPort-I-S-shielding-resolution/dp/B09ZLL3H51/ref=sr_1_3?crid=19ZOZWYVIO5S3&keywords=kabeldirekt+dp+cable&qid=1703651844&sprefix=kabeldirekt+dp+cab,aps,254&sr=8-3&th=1

I have been using Kabeldirekt cables for the last 3-4 years with absolute stability and 0 issues.

The first link is a VESA certified DP 1.4 cable which I am using.
Second link is a DP 2.0 cable if you require DP 2.0 protocol for your own case use.
Either way, Kabeldirekt has been extremely reliable for me. Have not changed it for the last 3 or 4 years and went through 3 GPUs on the same cable untill today.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top