Which MBA?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check with u guys something

shld I choose a MBA base on the uni ranking overall or focus on the accredition

if a sch ranking is high but their business sch is practically unranked and not accredited?

or shld I choose a uni that ranking is 188, but is triple crown accredited?

if u asking UIUC, that’s a MS management program. The bschool will be AACSM accredited however the other 2 may not apply.
In reality one go to good uni to network. A paper will not get you very far. I know ppl with UCLA MBA, Chicago MBA, UMICH ROSS MBA. No network, still avg joe in the company. Ppl no big degree but network play the right games annual promotion, while these ppl still play with sand.

fun read.

software_developer

Reaction score
if u asking UIUC, that’s a MS management program. The bschool will be AACSM accredited however the other 2 may not apply.
In reality one go to good uni to network. A paper will not get you very far. I know ppl with UCLA MBA, Chicago MBA, UMICH ROSS MBA. No network, still avg joe in the company. Ppl no big degree but network play the right games annual promotion, while these ppl still play with sand.

fun read.
yea my question is

is accreditation more important or the school overall ranking?
which one matter more to HR?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea my question is

which one matter more to HR?

HR only gets your resume to the hiring manager. HR does decide for the manager.
HR don’t keep a list of accredited uni or ranking to pass resume along.

even HR didn’t pass it along, if manager want to interview you. U get the interview!

candy crush

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So....

Ryuken_rukawa

Reaction score
Prestige over anything else.
MBA Rankings changes over time but perception rarely does.
I've provided two links for reference - The latter being more bias towards American schools since the ones who were surveyed are mostly Americans.

So....

candy crush

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prestige over anything else.
MBA Rankings changes over time but perception rarely does.
I've provided two links for reference - The latter being more bias towards American schools since the ones who were surveyed are mostly Americans.

OK thanks

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just looking at my options.... does MBAs from NTU, NUS or SMU have exams or just presentations? I lecture in poly so I dun really have much time for exams.... but if presentation it should be a good stepping stone for me.

DataScience

Reaction score
Hi guys, just looking at my options.... does MBAs from NTU, NUS or SMU have exams or just presentations? I lecture in poly so I dun really have much time for exams.... but if presentation it should be a good stepping stone for me.
Typically for MBA, most classes have presentations + exams.

wa1ker

Reaction score
Any recommendation on Online EMBA program with good reputation and reasonable fee?
EMBA usually can complete faster, 12-18 months timeframe.

INSEAD - good, very very expensive
NUS, NTU, SMU - good, still very expensive

Any other international ones to consider?

Ryuken_rukawa

Reaction score
There's ESSEC-Mannheim EMBA. Approx. SGD 70K after scholarship and early bird deduction. Or you can consider the MBA at Manchester Business School as well. However, the best schools in Singapore are the ones you've mentioned in your post.

DataScience

Reaction score
Any recommendation on Online EMBA program with good reputation and reasonable fee?
EMBA usually can complete faster, 12-18 months timeframe.

INSEAD - good, very very expensive
NUS, NTU, SMU - good, still very expensive

Any other international ones to consider?
In Singapore, those are the best ones available. Insead is probably the best ranked (top 5 in world).

Otherwise I'd say:
- Columbia (if you want go into finance)
- Stanford (if you want to stay in the west coast). [I love the environment at stanford, really really nice]
- Harvard (if your creds are good enough to get in)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.