Which MBA?

Demiurgestar

Reaction score
Hi experts,

am thinking to do an online MBA during this period. Any advice on this?

Looking at 2 options:

1. Macquarie Business School's online Global MBA Degree
ranked 74 in 2019 by FT
fee is AUD 33k
fully online, seems like the duration can be like within 1.5 yr to 2.5yr to complete

2. Warwick Business School's distance learning MBA
ranked 24 in 2019 by FT
fee is pound 33k
fully online, seems like the duration cannot be shorten

Appreciate any kind souls' comments and guidance.

Thanks

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done the 'Master of Business Administration' by University of London (Academic Direction by Queen Mary University of London)? Local Provider is Amity Global Institute.

It sounds very similar to the Global MBA program at UOL's UK website: https://london.ac.uk/courses/global-mba

Are they the same?

I am looking for reviews, hopefully by current students :s12:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I got the word that due to the downturn. The coy will pay a maximum or 40-50% of the fees. They also mentioned if possible, take as much scholarship as possible. My industry is hit really hard. I joined a year or 2 late. :x

Other than the scholarships available at the university, other than your cash - I am preparing to pay some as a self investment. Where else people look for? Did some google, usually, Govt agencies.

Thanks.

lcohol

Reaction score
Has anyone here done the 'Master of Business Administration' by University of London (Academic Direction by Queen Mary University of London)? Local Provider is Amity Global Institute.

It sounds very similar to the Global MBA program at UOL's UK website: https://london.ac.uk/courses/global-mba

Are they the same?

I am looking for reviews, hopefully by current students :s12:

I'm interested to know more about this as well.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
bookmarked.

the UOL degree for business is terok. damn difficult i will steer clear of any masters if its the same standard.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
any recommendation for eMBA be it general or healthcare one? may want to go into healthcare so just asking about...

Best is E-based, not longer than 2 years (best is 1 year) and not much grp project work - i know am asking too much here.

chottohen

Reaction score
any recommendation for eMBA be it general or healthcare one? may want to go into healthcare so just asking about...

Best is E-based, not longer than 2 years (best is 1 year) and not much grp project work - i know am asking too much here.

You have a budget? If no budget I recommend you just go for the best brand MBA you can afford.

University of North Carolina - Kenan Flagler
USC
Carnegie Mellon

runforyourlife

Reaction score
You have a budget? If no budget I recommend you just go for the best brand MBA you can afford.

University of North Carolina - Kenan Flagler
USC
Carnegie Mellon

These... need to select one right? As in local ones.. These need to fly over right?

chottohen

Reaction score
These... need to select one right? As in local ones.. These need to fly over right?

What do you mean need to select? All schools have their own requirements including local schools. I’m not aware of local schools offering online programs. Part time yes.

The ones I mentioned yes you need to fly over once a year for a weekend or week. That’s pretty much it.

Afpiee

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently deciding on which mba to take. Does anyone recommend ntu/nus/smu/Manchester? Is Manchester mba well recognised among companies in singapore? My main purpose is to do a career switch from engineering to business side. so was wondering for any advice you can give for any of those 4. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

toolbox03

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently deciding on which mba to take. Does anyone recommend ntu/nus/smu/Manchester? Is Manchester mba well recognised among companies in singapore? My main purpose is to do a career switch from engineering to business side. so was wondering for any advice you can give for any of those 4. Thanks in advance

Take gmat first then decide

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some advice, kind of unique situation

Am looking to take a masters in Marketing, traditional disciplines or newer digital marketing are both fine with me

I've worked on and off about 8 years in my industry (gaming), with more focus on marketing recently. In mid management now and since I'm already at the peak in my current company, only way up is to work for a different company.

My current focus is in User Acquisition in tech and Digital Marketing.

My highest qualification is actually just a advance diploma which isn't really recognize. If locally recognized qualifications mine is probably PSLE

Not sure what kind of Masters programmes are open to me, will be paying it myself, not company sponsored.

Just decided to improve now cause I don't have too much commitments yet and my current pay allows me flexibility

snoozex

Reaction score
Need some advice, kind of unique situation

Am looking to take a masters in Marketing, traditional disciplines or newer digital marketing are both fine with me

I've worked on and off about 8 years in my industry (gaming), with more focus on marketing recently. In mid management now and since I'm already at the peak in my current company, only way up is to work for a different company.

My current focus is in User Acquisition in tech and Digital Marketing.

My highest qualification is actually just a advance diploma which isn't really recognize. If locally recognized qualifications mine is probably PSLE

Not sure what kind of Masters programmes are open to me, will be paying it myself, not company sponsored.

Just decided to improve now cause I don't have too much commitments yet and my current pay allows me flexibility

Hi,

You can explore those programs with mature student entry. In such program, you will take 2-3 modules first and you have to pass it before you are allowed to be admitted as a full candidate. One such school is Heriot Watt University. You can take a look at their MBA program (they do not have marketing program on offer directly though).

Alternatively, you would have to check private educational institutions. Just call up the consultants and I am sure that they will find ways to help you bridge the gaps you are facing now.

Of course, my concern might be the challenges posed after enrolling into the program. Hope you can cope with it.

MuggerX

Reaction score
Shortlisting MBA

Hi guys recently the MBA offered by Coventry is only 15k after some subsidy they give

https://www.psb-academy.edu.sg/cove...siness-administration-in-global-business#fees

Is it worth it? I am also considering the Masters of Management programme from SUSS

https://www.suss.edu.sg/programmes/detail/master-of-management-mmgt

Both are around same course fee. As I was an alumni from SUSS I get to have around 50% course concession fee, however I am not sure if it is good on my resume to have the SUSS name for both bachelor and masters column.

Can any bro shed some light? Thanks:s12:

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the challenges? Would like to understand more before committing

Hi,

You can explore those programs with mature student entry. In such program, you will take 2-3 modules first and you have to pass it before you are allowed to be admitted as a full candidate. One such school is Heriot Watt University. You can take a look at their MBA program (they do not have marketing program on offer directly though).

Alternatively, you would have to check private educational institutions. Just call up the consultants and I am sure that they will find ways to help you bridge the gaps you are facing now.

Of course, my concern might be the challenges posed after enrolling into the program. Hope you can cope with it.

LoveGuru

Reaction score
Don't waste time with MBA lah....coz you will end up working for someone without a MBA. A sad truth.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't waste time with MBA lah....coz you will end up working for someone without a MBA. A sad truth.

EDMW answer?
What’s wrong with working for ppl without MBA? so long one makes more and happy great. How many CEO has MBA?
If pay for MBA ROI is nil then problem.

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Heriot Watt MBA used to be offered under EASB. I remembered visiting the school to find out more enquiries about it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.