Which Mechanical Keyboard FTW?

jedithy

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2010
Messages
266
Reaction score
0
There are so many brands out there for mech keyboards. Razer, Ducky, Rosewill, Corsair. Which one should I get?
 

jazy1992

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
2,110
Reaction score
0
cross out razor? why?

compared to the rest, razer mech kbs feel like they are made of cheap plastic. even the minimalist design of rosewill kb also got more weight and have a more sturdy feel to it.
 

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
8,250
Reaction score
413
NEVER buy Razer.

Filco is a good brand too. Niceday having warehouse sale today and tomorrow FYI. Rosewill is a 'budget' Filco. Ducky is better for it's high end models. Corsair is see whether you like or not.
 

Mycrus

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2011
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
0
Black widow - 2kro only, qc issues
Corsair - not fully mech, some qc issues with fading k60 keycqpd
 

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
5,927
Reaction score
5
CM Storm QuickFire Pro also an alternative, for those who wan some LED lighting and dun wan the M1-M5 shortcut keys. Price dropping, down to $138.
 

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
5,927
Reaction score
5
Then there is also the Rosewill RK9000 for budget conscious pple who wan the minimum mech keyboard, no LED lighting nor programmable keys. Cashtronic selling at $105 for RK9000.
 

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
8,250
Reaction score
413
If you looking for LED and blue switch, I have a Ducky Shine to let go at $130 :D
 

junialum

Master Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
2,579
Reaction score
19
Owner of a Razer Blackwidow for quite a long time.

Avoid Razer. LEDs always got issues. And frankly, I don't feel that their build quality is good.

That said, if you want a blacklit mech keyboard with macro functions - I think you've to pick between Razer and Corsair.
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,629
Reaction score
693
New on the meck KB front, but was recommended CM Trigger because my preference is with LED backlighting as I sometimes game at night with lights out.....and must be red to match my system. Been using it a few days and I'm pretty happy with it thus far. BTW, I dunno if it's me or not, but it feels so damn responsive even when compared to my previous gaming grade KB, Logitech G15 v1.0. This KB is heavy and seems sturdily built, I like what I'm seeing so far.
CMTrigger_zps7d998f05.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top