Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
quick budget TWS comparison for anyone who's interested

pFE26tP.png


Finally received the QCY T5 from Lazada, and i think Haylou GT1 Plus wins slightly in terms of sound quality. Slightly more balanced sounding with a tiny bit more sub bass, slightly thicker sounding mids, less peaky upper mids, slightly better detail retrieval, and slightly better imaging. QCY T5 is still good though, and quite good for TWS at this price. I personally would still EQ the GT1 Plus a bit in terms of the upper mids by around +1dB though.

Haylou GT1 Plus also wins in terms of:
- more compact charging case
- more compact earbuds design (less ugly looking)
- aptx support

QCY T5 wins in terms of:
- better call quality (since mic is closer to mouth)
- able to get WAY louder
- better battery life per use (4.5 hrs VS 4 hrs)
- better overall usage (around 2-3 VS 3-4 extra charge)
- gaming mode with lower latency (similar to KZ S1)

Price wise both are close (pretty much same price on aliexpress), but on lazada, the QCY T5 is more expensive by a bit for their usual pricing, and they say have 1 year warranty. But time to time they have promotion, and if you grab it then it's cheaper than the GT1 Plus. GT1 Plus pretty much no warranty.

So basically depends on what you prioritise. For me both are good value, but I don't like the stem design and don't use it for calls or gaming, so prefer GT1 Plus. :s13:
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,199
Reaction score
3,609
thnks... check with a seller. he said can put on Jabra 75t, but case cannot close.. lol

I use the XL size spiral tips with foam tips mod and my spunky beat no problem... yes i know some bluetooth ear buds case will have problem...:o
 

NsR

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2001
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
0
It seems like it's the same size, but I can't confirm since there might be minute difference.

Thanks. I ordered a cheap ver 1 case to try. But shipping from China. Hopefully dont come too late b4 i scratch the original buds case =)

Edit

Case is the same nice with ver 1.

https://youtu.be/epugxO91EMY
 
Last edited:

Dannlimm

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Bro, of course airpods la sialll. No need to ask, wins hands down for me. For me la huh haha. I recently buy the latest Airpods Pro on Shopee cos I wan upgrade and they have some Million $ Discount thing going on ah. dunno what that means but as long as got discount thats all that matters. Only $345 siolll don't say I never share. Just go search airpods pro then the one with the Million $ Discount label jiu shi dui le
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Bro, of course airpods la sialll. No need to ask, wins hands down for me. For me la huh haha. I recently buy the latest Airpods Pro on Shopee cos I wan upgrade and they have some Million $ Discount thing going on ah. dunno what that means but as long as got discount thats all that matters. Only $345 siolll don't say I never share. Just go search airpods pro then the one with the Million $ Discount label jiu shi dui le

Its an overkill for most, and its not without flaws.

Expensive doesn't mean best, as always.

https://www.scarbir.com/guide/apple-airpods-pro-vs-cheap-tws
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Remember to update the firmware to enable more Labs option.

Review pls :s12:

How much did u buy

When I opened up the bud’s case, immediately my Note10+ pairs it and asks me for permission for the buds to access contacts, photos, video, location, etc. After that it prompts me to update firmware which I did as well.

First time I placed inside my ears (I used the default ear hooks size) and the best fit and position I got, the ear hooks still stuck a bit outwards from my ears. Or maybe I’ll need to chage to the larger one? Need some enlightenment from existing Galaxy Buds users. But still I got a good seal.

Controls wise, the touch panel on both sides are pretty easy to ‘accidentally’ activate while adjusting the buds, but not really a big issue. The buds also have three levels of ambient mode in which I just selected the medium one.

Sound wise, it sounds a little softer as compared to my B&O E8 2.0 when tuned to the same volume level. I have to turn the volume up close to the max level to hear comfortably in Spotify. Comparing to my AirPods Pro (on iPhone 11 Pro Max) and the E8 2.0, definitely the E8 wins in overall sound quality. But comparing to the AirPods Pro, surprisingly the Buds+ sounds similarly to it and isolation is good even without ANC on the Buds+. I selected ‘dynamic’ for my EQ but even in ‘normal’, still sound pretty good. Bass is fine and not overwhelming, reproduction is overall good, but not great.

In another note, when I used the Buds+, there are no BT connection skips or interruptions when listening to music as compared to when I use the E8 2.0. Not sure if it’s because of the hardware of the earphones.

Last but not least, the Buds+ is a good investment in a regular, everyday type of earbuds. But if you’re looking for audiophile quality, Bose, B&O, Sennheiser and the likes are better choices.

I bought it in Challenger so no special offers or whatsoever. I used my colleague’s membership so just $10 off, at $258.
 

HelIoo

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2019
Messages
1,568
Reaction score
543
any good wireless bluetooth in-ear to recommend to use for ios and windows for video conference? thanks

budget: below $350
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,950
Reaction score
13,694
The buds+ have a tad splashy highs. If your phone has equalizer like Samsung phones, can try adjust the 8khz region down a bit.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top