Hi, I'm new here, and there's quite a lot threads under this topic, so it's a little hard to find the answers I want. Also, I'm pretty new to bluetooth earphone and I had a pretty bad experience with a more budget-friendly Bluetooth earphone pricing for $39.90 that was sold at popular. As it seems that there were a lot of issues with the earbud itself, from poor connection to issue with the touch button itself not responding well.
Hence, I'm wondering what good Bluetooth earphone brands are that are sold in Singapore. As, I'm thinking of getting another Bluetooth earphone which have better connectivity with my device, which will not cause intermittent disconnection when I'm at places like MRT stations or shopping mall. Also, I would hope that the microphone will be a better one, because it seems that when I'm taking on the phone using the bluetooth mic, the other party aren't able to hear me clearly. I'm thinking of brands like Sudio, thecoopidea (which seems to be cheaper) and Samsung buds 2 (as I saw there is a ongoing $50 off for all the audio products) or if there are better suggestions, please recommend to me. Just to note that I'm an Android user here.
Welcome!!!
Firstly… feel sorry for your bad experience with a budget wireless earbuds
still, there are great wireless earbuds at very affordable prices
It’s just a matter of looking around more and looking through more reviews
Secondly… random BT interruptions can happen either 1) in crowded places or 2) you are near another electronic device emitting stronger & more powerful signals… this happens to me as well
Others here also experience BT interference whenever they use the TraceTogether app
or… it could happen along places whereby you are the only person there…
Usually, i will advise to do a factory reset to the earbuds
if this fails… then the next best thing to do is to contact the seller or the company for a possible replacement or repair
Thirdly, many wireless earbuds sold in the market right now still primarily focus on music quality. few focus on microphone for better call quality…
it’s only due to the covid-19 pandemic & requirements for WFH whereby earbuds companies are starting focus more on mic quality and utilise techs which improve call quality, such as ENC (Environment Noise Cancellation) and Qualcomm CVC (Clear Voice Capture)
There are several wireless earbuds with good mics which allow you to talk on phones while you are walking along a busy road or in a cafe, such as Airpods, Soundpeats, Earfun
But to use wireless earbuds and have a decent phone conversation while you are inside the MRT or in a bus… imo that is still a huge challenge for many wireless earbuds. I still have yet to come across one earbud which can allow me to really have a decent phone call without my voice disappearing randomly for a few seconds as I talk…
Still, feel free to check out my videos which feature mic tests on several types of earbuds
you be the judge