Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

naked123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
7,653
Reaction score
1,011
I use

KZ ZAX IEM ~ $75
KZ AZ09 Pro adapter + box ~ $50

No horse run. Can go wired or wireless. Got apt-X Adaptive. Box a little big.
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,873
Reaction score
10,631
Been thru that phase already. Used to spend up til $500 for audio stuff but nah no longer that obsessed now

Diminishing returns and money can put elsewhere...
But if you have experienced $500 quality, surely you cannot settle with <$100 quality now?

Or are you claiming there's no difference? I am using quality loosely, including sound quality and feature set.
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,436
Reaction score
27,637
But if you have experienced $500 quality, surely you cannot settle with <$100 quality now?

Or are you claiming there's no difference? I am using quality loosely, including sound quality and feature set.
Nowadays $100 or even sub $100 stuff are very well made compared to 10 years ago. Even stock earphones that came with mobile phones are so much better though many brands dun even come with earphones now haha. I find that the tuning is more impt than the paper specs.

There's definitely a difference but I can live with it. Maybe due to aging, my senses not as good as before too hahha. $500 is just not worth it especially for a tws. I do have a $250 wired sennheiser headphones that I'm still using for >10 years though.

Edit: to add on, I dun mind a lousier and cheaper tws cos tws is meant for commute and outdoors. I dun expect theater like sound, I do want to be aware of my surrounding. Also, tws battery will probably last ard 2 years? Why spend so much for a product for 2 years usage?
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,436
Reaction score
27,637
Yup, nowadays sub $100 tws are very good already.
Yup, just to name 1 example and this is an old model.
Edifier x3 at rrp $30~comes with Bluetooth 5.0, ipx5 and aptX. SQ is decent.

Of cos it's not perfect as it lacks wireless charging and still using micro USB (heard there's a revised model with USB c) but these are not deal breakers.

Many more expensive tws may not have all the above mentioned features too.

Anyway the best tws I've used so far is Alpha & Delta Elite
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,938
Reaction score
13,676
Yup nowadays pay more is usually for the branding and availability of app. And maybe things like LDAC and "first to haves".
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,436
Reaction score
27,637
Yup nowadays pay more is usually for the branding and availability of app. And maybe things like LDAC and "first to haves".
Dun forget about ANC. Just a personal observation, dun understand why the need for ANC in tws and this feature will cause the price of the tws to skyrocket hahha.
All these are quite superficial to me. Else is number of drivers.... Which again is just paper specs when tuning is more impt.
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,873
Reaction score
10,631
Nowadays $100 or even sub $100 stuff are very well made compared to 10 years ago. Even stock earphones that came with mobile phones are so much better though many brands dun even come with earphones now haha. I find that the tuning is more impt than the paper specs.

There's definitely a difference but I can live with it. Maybe due to aging, my senses not as good as before too hahha. $500 is just not worth it especially for a tws. I do have a $250 wired sennheiser headphones that I'm still using for >10 years though.

Edit: to add on, I dun mind a lousier and cheaper tws cos tws is meant for commute and outdoors. I dun expect theater like sound, I do want to be aware of my surrounding. Also, tws battery will probably last ard 2 years? Why spend so much for a product for 2 years usage?
I get what you mean but for me the difference between a $100 and $300 TWS is the sum of it's features and it greatly affects my day to day usage and enjoyment of my music and ease of use.

I guess to each their own.
 

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
6,345
Reaction score
220
Hello, I will like to check if marshall TWS is a good buy if I listen to rock music (guns n roses, Aerosmith etc)?

try to find reviews of its default EQ. if it's one of those JBL/Soundcore kind that's very V-shaped and/or bass heavy you will lose details in the instruments like high-hats, cymbals, guitars and male vocals.

if the Marshall (not sure which TWS model you'relooking at) has an app to adjust EQ Then still okay buy it if you like the brand/design.

---

side note, during 12.12 I got a pair of OPPO Enco W51 (quite old liao this model) for $28 or something but I think it's export set from middle east. ANYWAY, Scarbir is right again, what a fantastic pair and to get it at $28 when it's usually $159 makes me very happy lol. sound quality is excellent especially after I use a pair of foam tips.

what surprised me most was the ANC. I guess previously I was too used to AirPods Pro ANC where it' literally has that sucking/vacuum effect on my ears. the OPPO Enco W51 has no such vacuum effect yet the ANC effect is very good (comparable to APP for me). mic quality is excellent and appears better than APP given that last time people always complain they can't hear me with APP, but OPPO Enco W51 taking calls have no such feedback so far.

I also ordered a pair of EarFun Air Pro from flash sale last night. total cost after discounts is $95. can't wait to give it a try.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Currently testing a couple of budget ANC wireless earbuds which i bought from 11.11 like QCY HT03 and AWEI TA8

so far… the touch controls are rather infuriating
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,462
Reaction score
1,530
I am using QCY T9, brought off amazon for $1.99 (haha if you don't believe let me post the receipt later), because they are clearing stock. Very good so far.
Don't but Soundpeat,
Because - they don't ship the rubber silicon with it.
2nd, the earpiece always drop off left side.
I use within 3 days, the left side cannot use already.

Xiaomi although looks promising,
right side within 3 days cannot use already
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
For those looking for a budget but yet decent bluetooth wireless earphones, I will recommend Mpow Mbit S. I was skeptical reading this review, how can a S$30 earphone be worth 5 stars, but gave it a try since not expensive. I have not tried those really highend ones, so far the most expensive I got was Sabbat E12 Ultra. I think the Mpow Mbit S doesn't lose out to the Sabbat, partly I cannot stand E12 Ultra QC3020 which tends to lose connection because of its master-slave connectivity. I believe the 5 stars given to this was based on the value in terms of pricing vs sound and function.
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/mpow-mbit-s-review
I also have a pair of QCY T4 for fun
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Just curious, do you have a preference for stem or no stem tws?
I prefer no stem
imo it depends on the manufacturer's design...

I have tested a few wireless earphones with stem.
Some just add a stem to it but doesn't make full use of it...
Some made use of it.. added touch controls and additional mics for voice clarity or put the battery in the stem.

So far only one company used the entire stem as battery [PQ earbuds] and the battery stem is interchangeable. So the battery life per usage is really good.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Hi all,
I shared a new video on my personal thoughts about the QCY HT03 ANC wireless earbuds after using it for just 24 hours.

Regular pairing with devices through the Bluetooth menu was fast and easy.
But to sync it with the QCY app... crazy!

The location of the touch control area, a flat surface on the stem (like AirPods Pro) is facing inwards. Therefore, my index finger had to "dig" in slightly in order to get to the flat surface.

The usability of the ANC feature is weird as well. To toggle ANC on/off, we will need to stop the music/video first and then Toggle ANC on/off.. if I try to toggle it while listening to music/video, it doesn't work.
This is completely different from the ANC wireless earbuds I have tested.

 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top