Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Two days ago... I unboxed the REALME Buds Air 2 Neo ANC wireless earbuds...
Charged it up and started testing it....

After using it for a day... I realised two issues
  1. The ANC OFF/ON control
  2. A compromise to a modern-day wireless earbuds basic functionality

1) The ANC OFF/ON control
In order to Toggle ANC ON/OFF, you need to do it press and hold the touch control area on both ear buds at the same time.
which will look kinda silly if you were do it often.
But if you are someone who don't Toggle ANC ON/OFF frequently, then this is not really an issue.

2) A compromise to a modern-day wireless earbuds basic functionality
And that is the Built-in Microphone.
I was able to use the built-in mic to record audio with my iPhone.
I was able to use the built-in mic to record WA audio.
But I cannot use the built-in mic for a normal phone call, which to me is a major compromise on a modern-day wireless earbuds' basic functionality.

But if you are someone who will remove your earbuds before you answer a call and talk directly into the Phone's built-in mic, then that is not an issue at all.

 
Last edited:

pawn_king

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
158
beats fit pro vs huawei freebuds lipstick

looking to get the missus a pair for office use/occasional gym, preferably something sleek. narrowed down to these 2 but can't find direct comparisons or much reviews, as they were only launched 1-2 months back.

which would you recommend - open to other recommendations.

both priced similarly. For the same money, wf-1000mx4 is likely the most recommended, but the sony is not as attractive.
will be paired with pixel 6 and huawei matebook

MK2H3_AV3


cb93afa3.jpg
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I like to ask advice from those of you whom owns or previously owned Creative Outlier Air V3. I just received my set today. Playing around with it, the ANC/Ambient mode, SXFI, button configurations, and using Creative app to update firmware, all works.
Then I realise something weird. When I put back the earbuds into the charging casing slowly, I notice the right earbud will emit a loud beep when it is almost touching the magnet, pretty loud to be exact. It doesn't happen to the left side. I tried a few times, the loud beep will happen when I put the right side earbud slowly into the casing. Is this even normal? Anyone of you experienced the same?
 
Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,926
Reaction score
13,668
I like to ask advice from those of you whom owns or previously owned Creative Outlier Air V3. I just received my set today. Playing around with it, the ANC/Ambient mode, SXFI, button configurations, and using Creative app to update firmware, all works.
Then I realise something weird. When I put back the earbuds into the charging casing slowly, i notice the right earbud will emit a lout beep when it is almost touching the magnet, pretty loud to be exact. It doesnt happen to the left side. I tried a few times, the loud beep will happen when I put the right side earbud slowly into the casing. Is this even normal? Anyone of you experienced the same?
Don't remember mine got this beep.
 

musicsg_com

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
852
Reaction score
21
beats fit pro vs huawei freebuds lipstick

looking to get the missus a pair for office use/occasional gym, preferably something sleek. narrowed down to these 2 but can't find direct comparisons or much reviews, as they were only launched 1-2 months back.

which would you recommend - open to other recommendations.

both priced similarly. For the same money, wf-1000mx4 is likely the most recommended, but the sony is not as attractive.
will be paired with pixel 6 and huawei matebook

MK2H3_AV3


cb93afa3.jpg
You can consider AVIOT TE-D01i. They look quite pretty for ladies too and I like the sound quality. Buy it at https://store.treoo.com/aviot-te-d01i-true-wireless-bluetooth-in-ear-earphone-with-mic.html
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
hi fellows!

I just uploaded a new video talking about my personal Best wireless earbuds for Under $50 for the new year 2022!

I also briefly recommended different wireless earbuds for different groups of people.
- Average Joe and Average jane
- Active people
- Audio lovers.

But of course, I can only recommend those I tested personally and not those which I only heard and seen...

What's your own recommendation?

 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
beats fit pro vs huawei freebuds lipstick

looking to get the missus a pair for office use/occasional gym, preferably something sleek. narrowed down to these 2 but can't find direct comparisons or much reviews, as they were only launched 1-2 months back.

which would you recommend - open to other recommendations.

both priced similarly. For the same money, wf-1000mx4 is likely the most recommended, but the sony is not as attractive.
will be paired with pixel 6 and huawei matebook

MK2H3_AV3


cb93afa3.jpg
From the looks alone imo these are two different wireless earphones

the beats is in-ear, has earwings and the same ANC system as Airpods Pro plus IPX4
Probably aimed at active sporty people

While the huawei freebuds lipstick is like a repackaged “Apple Airpods Gen 2” in red colour and shaped in A lipstick
Maybe aiming those fashionista

Not sure when Beat fit pro will be available In singaporr. I know pre order is open for UK etc at around 200 pound

huawei lipstick… well, its still china only iirc
 

pawn_king

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
158
From the looks alone imo these are two different wireless earphones

the beats is in-ear, has earwings and the same ANC system as Airpods Pro plus IPX4
Probably aimed at active sporty people

While the huawei freebuds lipstick is like a repackaged “Apple Airpods Gen 2” in red colour and shaped in A lipstick
Maybe aiming those fashionista

Not sure when Beat fit pro will be available In singaporr. I know pre order is open for UK etc at around 200 pound

huawei lipstick… well, its still china only iirc
both are available in singapore at under 300sgd, warrantied sets.

beats fit pro should be launching soon in SG.
 

dreamaurora

Master Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
861
beats fit pro vs huawei freebuds lipstick

looking to get the missus a pair for office use/occasional gym, preferably something sleek. narrowed down to these 2 but can't find direct comparisons or much reviews, as they were only launched 1-2 months back.

which would you recommend - open to other recommendations.

both priced similarly. For the same money, wf-1000mx4 is likely the most recommended, but the sony is not as attractive.
will be paired with pixel 6 and huawei matebook

MK2H3_AV3


cb93afa3.jpg

My wife is currently using purple Jabra Elite 3 which she liked quite a lot, but no ANC though. The new light mint colour Jabra Elite 4 is only $128 (with further discount if you got OCBC card) and comes with ANC. I think that will be great choice for your wife.

From Amazon US, there are a couple deals you might consider. Elite 85t is now only $131 and there's also a pink color M&W at $110. I am using a Klipsch T5 ii Sports now and it's really good, but my wife thinks its fugly lol.

Before you purchase, you might want to check with a female friend or colleague first if they like the design. My wife looked at the Beats and thinks it's vulgar looking lol.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
When buying things for girls… definitely must let them see touch and try

i wanted to get the Sony wf-1000xm3 or Bose for my missus… in the end she chose Jabra 85t
 
Last edited:

dappermen

Banned
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
1,017
Quite true but Buying for men ourselves also need to fit and try, although we never really care abt the crude look or whatever

It is alwys the sound qlty that matters

I dont buy online - i alwys get it them in ohy shop
I was considering either cks50tw and cks5tw(old model!) ended up getting the old one cos it fits into my ear canal better…
When buying things for girls… definitely must let them see touch and try
 

musicsg_com

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
852
Reaction score
21
hi fellows!

I just uploaded a new video talking about my personal Best wireless earbuds for Under $50 for the new year 2022!

I also briefly recommended different wireless earbuds for different groups of people.
- Average Joe and Average jane
- Active people
- Audio lovers.

But of course, I can only recommend those I tested personally and not those which I only heard and seen...

What's your own recommendation?


Hi Jonny! I want to let you know that I find your YouTube videos very informative. I have added you to my list of Singapore headphone reviewers in hope that more readers can come across your channel.

It's not easy to find Singapore reviewers specialising in headphones and true wireless. There are a lot of local commercial tech sites like Tech360, HWZ, Tech Goondu, but we need to discover more independent reviewers so that readers can make better decisions. There is no such thing as "too many reviews". Always good to hear opinions from a lot of people before buying. If you know if any more, please share so that I can update the list. Cheers!

https://musicphotolife.com/best-headphones-reviewers-singapore/
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Hi Jonny! I want to let you know that I find your YouTube videos very informative. I have added you to my list of Singapore headphone reviewers in hope that more readers can come across your channel.

It's not easy to find Singapore reviewers specialising in headphones and true wireless. There are a lot of local commercial tech sites like Tech360, HWZ, Tech Goondu, but we need to discover more independent reviewers so that readers can make better decisions. There is no such thing as "too many reviews". Always good to hear opinions from a lot of people before buying. If you know if any more, please share so that I can update the list. Cheers!

https://musicphotolife.com/best-headphones-reviewers-singapore/
Cheers!!!! ^.^ hopefully my sharing will benefit people from buying the wrong wireless earbuds
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Quite true but Buying for men ourselves also need to fit and try, although we never really care abt the crude look or whatever

It is alwys the sound qlty that matters

I dont buy online - i alwys get it them in ohy shop
I was considering either cks50tw and cks5tw(old model!) ended up getting the old one cos it fits into my ear canal better…
Usually i go shops like Connect IT to try

then i wait for online deals hahaha
 

rerear

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
2,055
Reaction score
20
Fed up with Fiil lite constant Bluetooth dropping in public. anything else has its size, prize, but not the dropouts?
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,634
Reaction score
1,275
is Jabra elite 85T a good earbud?
i saw quite many reviews of left earbud spoilt very easily...
was wondering how is the warranty process.
Thanks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top