Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2003
Messages
20,890
Reaction score
2,061
after thinking for long, finally decide to whack the L3P. Hopefully its a upgrade from the soundpeats.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Recently i just completed my testing of the Realme Buds Air 2 Neo. i must say at $25… it really surprised me with its performance despite its small size.

but before you go to Amazon, Shopee, Qoo10, Lazada, Ezbuy or TB to click on the “BUY” button, here are the 3 Things I like & dislike about the Air 2 Neo!

#1 Like: DESIGN, COMFORT, WEIGHT
  • Right off the bat, the 1st thing I really like is the physical Design of the case and earbuds
  • They are feather-weight.
  • And they extremely comfortable to wear, thanks to the silicone seals, which are thicker
  • Recently, I met one of my friends who rides a motorbike and owns one of these.
  • He shared that the Air 2 Neo are the only pair of wireless earbuds which he can wear comfortably under a helmet and for sleep too

#2 Like: Sound quality
  • On my testing, the overall sound is inoffensive and smooth
  • There is a thump to the Bass, it doesn’t punch a lot, not very boomy but it is basic and powerful enough for most genres like Dance, Pop, Hip-hop.
  • Watching movies on iPhone and Android are fine. No delays.
  • For gaming, the sound latency is pretty impressive at this price point

#3 like: ANC
  • The ANC is activated by default once you put them on.
  • Passing by Train noise. Gone.
  • Air con humming. Greatly reduced.
  • People chatters, keyboard & mouse clicks are greatly reduced
  • All these are before you even hit the “PLAY” button
  • The only downside is the lack of wind noise reduction. But you can switch off the ANC mode to remove wind noise. Still, the ANC is really impressive at this price point

#1 Dislike Phonecalls
  • With all the likes out of the way, let’s talk about the first major dislike and that is calls.
  • I covered this in my previous video whereby i shared my first impressions after using it for just 24 hours.
  • So Its kinda odd that I am not able to use the built-in mic for regular phonecalls but I can use it to record voice memos, Whatsapp audio, Zoom, webinars etc
  • Other than that, It is fine if used indoors but once you move outdoors, my voice becomes soft and in noisy places, there is a lot of disturbance.

#2 Dislike ANC controls
  • I covered this in this video whereby i shared my first impressions after using it for just 24 hours.
  • So Its kinda odd that I need to press the touch control on both earbuds at the same time and hold for 2 seconds to toggle between ANC modes.
  • And This is probably the very first ANC wireless earbuds which is set in this way.
  • Personally I find it troublesome and weird

#3 Dislike No App support for iPhone users
  • This is a huge bummer for me as an iPhone user because I am completely stripped off from a whole host of amazing functions and features in the Realme Link app which are made only available to Android users

So with the 3 things I like and dislike about the Air 2 Neo out of the way, let’s focus on the more common stuffs like Battery life
  • On my testing, these lasted around 4.5 hours on music at 100% volume and 5.5 hours at 50% volume. Both with ANC on. I am sure you will get better mileage with ANC OFF.
  • Talktime was around 4 hours on Webinars, Zoom
  • If you need a quick boost, a 10-min recharge and you will get around 2.5 hrs of music.
  • Even though it lacks wireless Qi charging, you can rejuice the case via USB-C cable
Final Verdict
  • Are they the Ultimate Airpods Pro Killer? Should you get the Realme Buds Air 2 Neo or consider something else? Well, for bikers and people who are looking for a pair of wireless earbuds which you can wear under the helmet or wear to sleep, these are definitely worth considering since its under $30. For the rest, if you don’t mind the fact that it lacks iOS App support, Wireless Charging and you don’t use earbuds to make phonecalls…
  • I would say that this is one of the best Ultra budget ANC wireless earbuds you can get right now .

 

Asure7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
5,172
Reaction score
276
Previously bought SoundPEATS Truengine 3 SE at 50+ and quite like it....

Also bought Fiil T1 Lite. Great for the price and the sound is not as warm and more dynamic, but get fatigue more easily, and the bluetooth connection breaks up very frequently for the left bud (range not as good, using at home not public places).

May I get a recommendation for maybe another SoundPEATS model? Truengine 3 probably quite an old model now... i see so many models on the website until i blur -_-
Budget maybe < 80 ? Little bit more is ok
 

farmers

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
535
Reaction score
70
I am using the soundpeats T2 and i like it.
I use it for listening to music in office and gym, and for work meetings. But nv use the mic as I have an external mic.
Had a problem with one side not being able to connect, nevertheless got it exchanged.

Im not an audiophile btw.
 

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2003
Messages
20,890
Reaction score
2,061
Previously bought SoundPEATS Truengine 3 SE at 50+ and quite like it....

Also bought Fiil T1 Lite. Great for the price and the sound is not as warm and more dynamic, but get fatigue more easily, and the bluetooth connection breaks up very frequently for the left bud (range not as good, using at home not public places).

May I get a recommendation for maybe another SoundPEATS model? Truengine 3 probably quite an old model now... i see so many models on the website until i blur -_-
Budget maybe < 80 ? Little bit more is ok
Up more to L3P. really no horse fight. It sound wider than the truengine. and the ANC is there. The seal and sound isolation by itself is already better than truengine. You wont find that your ear bud might drop.

I was looking between L3P and Soundpeats H1. H1 suppose to be the better model successor to TE3
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
So far I am quite satisfied with my Creative Outlier V3. Probably because my first pair of ANC earbuds, so it impresses me what i can do.


But having said that, there are cons to it
  • Must off the ANC/ambience mode before putting back into case, else it will BEEP LOUDLY
  • The earphones are a little slippery, may fall out from fingers easily
  • The case seems a little flimsy when opening closing
 

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
825
bought the tronsmart onyx ace. keep having battery issues. fully charged both earphones and case, and kept it closed and never use. few days later take out to use, one of it will have zero batt. the case will have low or no batt. anyone face such issues before
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
My personal opinion on Baseus ENCOK WM01 Plus wireless earbuds: 3 things I like and dislike

Finally I am able to do a full review. If you are wondering why I say “Finally”??? Well… this is actually my 2nd set. My 1st set was faulty and Lazada did a full refund instead of sending me a replacement.

Now, I have been testing these earbuds as my daily for the past 2 week, for music, work, videos, gaming, so before you go out and hit that “BUY” button, here are the 3 things I like and dislike about the Baseus WM01 plus.

LIKE #1 Battery Life
  • Right off the bat, the very first thing I love about the WM01 plus is the crazy battery life
  • With the huge 800mAh charging case and using the earbuds for around 2-3 hours per day, the case still has 15% battery left even after 2 weeks. That’s insane!
  • Plus, it utilize USB-C charging port so it is convenient to share the same cable as our smartphones.

LIKE #2 LED Display
  • The WM01 plus has a huge built-in LED display
  • Not only does it display the battery % left in the case,
  • It also display the battery level for each earbud

LIKE #3 Comfort & Fit
  • The earbuds are featherweight and it is very easy to forget them after putting them on.
  • It comes pre-installed with M-size soft silicon eartips. You can mix & match to get the right fit.
  • The textured rubber on the sides of the earbuds also make it very easy to adjust them on my ears. I will naturally feel for the textured rubber on the sides if I wish to adjust the earbuds accordingly.
    After wearing them for like 3-4 hour straight, I don’t feel any ear fatigue. They are very comfortable and featherweight.

DISLIKE #1 Design & built
  • Case Shape and size is pretty big and Chunky
  • Takes up quite a lot of space in a handbag or Fanny pack
  • Which will be an issue for guys and girls who like to use smaller bags or mini or nano bags
  • Though the magnets are for earbuds & case are pretty strong. When you close the lid, it closes with a soft thump sound, as if there is a ring of cushion but there ain’t any.

DISLIKE #2 No proper IPX waterproof rating
  • No proper IPX rating to protect against some water and sweat
  • so I don’t really recommend to wear these earbuds for wet sports or sweaty workout sessions

DISLIKE #3 Music quality
  • 6mm driver.
  • Audio output is not very loud. Need to get to at least 50 or 60% vol level to effectively drown out some noise like subway and Buses
  • The audio drivers are not very good, certain songs will have “hissing” or “rattling” sound
  • Music quality wise. Generally, it is flat. Not much bass. Vocals are clear. The mids and the highs play in the middle
  • Still, the WM01 plus is great for watching videos and listening to audio books.

Audio quality with games
  • Audio quality with games is good. Stereo quality. Able to differentiate Left and Right and the estimated location of the sound.
  • Sound latency is bad since there is no “Gaming mode”.

Summary
  • Let’s look at the things I like and dislike about the WM01 plus
  • Likes are: Battery life. LED display. Comfort & Fit.
  • Cons: No IPX. Big and Chunky. Average sound quality. Not suitable for gaming.
  • Are they worth it? Imo, at the price point of $30, there are better options out there, such as AWEI TA8, T9S, QCY HT03


 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,917
Reaction score
13,646
Latest Technica AZ60 firmware supports multipoint when using LDAC codec now!

atqKgpj.jpg
 

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
5,867
Reaction score
588
From Creative's mailer for their upcoming IT fair promo, seems like they will be launching a new Outlier TWS then.
i5tT81c.jpg
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,917
Reaction score
13,646
Yea why they reuse the bulky case design. I'm guessing it will have LDAC.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
When I was previously testing 3 wireless earbuds from X-Mini with the same case design
I really wish they got rid of the bulky case.

It was really long and huge. It also takes up a lot of space in my fanny pack

even the Baseus WM01 and Black Dot Pro have much smaller footprints
 

zerodark40

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
16
Any Edifier TWS1 Pro user facing left rapid no sound issue?

Touch controls working fine, lights blink and all, except for sound.

Tried unpair etc. but doesn't work hmm
 

musicsg_com

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
852
Reaction score
21
Sudio just launched their new flagship true wireless called Sudio E2. ANC, Transparency, Spatial Audio mode. Overall exciting spatial sound, strong sub-bass, moderate mid-bass, bright treble slightly recessed. Price is probably on the high side given you can get a good TWS for below S$100. I like the Spatial Audio, it has good believable frontal-speaker imaging, unlike Creative Super X-Fi.

Sudio_E2_2.jpg


If anyone wants to buy any Sudio products from their website, get 15% discount with promo code (PM me if you are interested).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top