Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
2dbqw9ml.jpg

Mk7ITCrl.jpg


Hurry get it today. With 10 Oct promotion and shopback, should be around $51.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
7,394
Reaction score
1,168
Haha... no need to rush la....
Miss this one still got next promo mah....

Next month got 11.11 sale
Also got Black Friday sale
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
Got my X-Mini Xoundpods delivered today. As others have stated, the bass is there.....and the word I would use for the bass is adequate. This is my first true wireless, thus, not able to comment vs other true wireless but personally, I feel is well worth the price paid.

The only caveat is that I found that if u put one hand over the ear, the sound is cutoff for tat earphone, if both ear piece are covered, sound/music will be cutoff. This means those who wear helmets/hats or in a situation where there is object near both or one ear, u may experience loss of signal.

I believe this is not an issue but a constraint with true wireless. I may be wrong.

Update: went out in the evening with xoundpods and found that when I put my phone in my phone holster on my right, the signal is lost. If holding in right hand, arms swinging, the signal unstable with the signal cutting in and out. However, putting it on the left side have no such problems.
 
Last edited:

Nonsensical99

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Sorry guys,a dumb qns here. If I'm not using the Xoundpods should i place it in the charging pod or leave it outside?
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Got my X-Mini Xoundpods delivered today. As others have stated, the bass is there.....and the word I would use for the bass is adequate. This is my first true wireless, thus, not able to comment vs other true wireless but personally, I feel is well worth the price paid.

The only caveat is that I found that if u put one hand over the ear, the sound is cutoff for tat earphone, if both ear piece are covered, sound/music will be cutoff. This means those who wear helmets/hats or in a situation where there is object near both or one ear, u may experience loss of signal.

I believe this is not an issue but a constraint with true wireless. I may be wrong.

Update: went out in the evening with xoundpods and found that when I put my phone in my phone holster on my right, the signal is lost. If holding in right hand, arms swinging, the signal unstable with the signal cutting in and out. However, putting it on the left side have no such problems.

Definitely not a constraint of true wireless earbuds. My B&O E8 isnt affected by this.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Sorry guys,a dumb qns here. If I'm not using the Xoundpods should i place it in the charging pod or leave it outside?

I dont know about the Xoundpods but pretty sure for most true wireless earbuds the SOP is to put them back in charging case.
 

darkmilk

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
2,055
Reaction score
550
Got my X-Mini Xoundpods delivered today. As others have stated, the bass is there.....and the word I would use for the bass is adequate. This is my first true wireless, thus, not able to comment vs other true wireless but personally, I feel is well worth the price paid.

The only caveat is that I found that if u put one hand over the ear, the sound is cutoff for tat earphone, if both ear piece are covered, sound/music will be cutoff. This means those who wear helmets/hats or in a situation where there is object near both or one ear, u may experience loss of signal.

I believe this is not an issue but a constraint with true wireless. I may be wrong.

Update: went out in the evening with xoundpods and found that when I put my phone in my phone holster on my right, the signal is lost. If holding in right hand, arms swinging, the signal unstable with the signal cutting in and out. However, putting it on the left side have no such problems.
Did anyone encounter the same issue??
 
Last edited:

Summer198569

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Did anyone encounter the same issue??

Mine as well. Dont worry you are not alone. Im tired of the xoundpod liao.

The right always break connection. I went to them and they upgrade the firmware and increase the RF signal strength, still the same. If i go again, i think my pretrol will end up more expensive than the xoundpod itself.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Mine as well. Dont worry you are not alone. Im tired of the xoundpod liao.

The right always break connection. I went to them and they upgrade the firmware and increase the RF signal strength, still the same. If i go again, i think my pretrol will end up more expensive than the xoundpod itself.
How do you upgrade their firmware???

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

dawo5010

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Got my X-Mini Xoundpods delivered today. As others have stated, the bass is there.....and the word I would use for the bass is adequate. This is my first true wireless, thus, not able to comment vs other true wireless but personally, I feel is well worth the price paid.

The only caveat is that I found that if u put one hand over the ear, the sound is cutoff for tat earphone, if both ear piece are covered, sound/music will be cutoff. This means those who wear helmets/hats or in a situation where there is object near both or one ear, u may experience loss of signal.

I believe this is not an issue but a constraint with true wireless. I may be wrong.

Update: went out in the evening with xoundpods and found that when I put my phone in my phone holster on my right, the signal is lost. If holding in right hand, arms swinging, the signal unstable with the signal cutting in and out. However, putting it on the left side have no such problems.

I ordered a pair but I’m trying to figure out if one of the sides acts as a master that re-broadcasts the audio to the other side (slave) or if it actually connects simultaneously.

If it’s a master/slave configuration, it might explain most of the dropouts.
Will update when I receive. And also the details of the “mystery gift.”
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
When is your delivery? Mine shows 15 Oct. Sianz....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

pikaboo

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
1,594
Reaction score
185
Mine as well. Dont worry you are not alone. Im tired of the xoundpod liao.

The right always break connection. I went to them and they upgrade the firmware and increase the RF signal strength, still the same. If i go again, i think my pretrol will end up more expensive than the xoundpod itself.

I think xoundpod is not “compatible” with you. Same issue with me, changed a new set, they tested its ok. When I use its the right pod keeps break connections again. I passed to my Girlfriend to use for a day, she has no problem with the xoundpod at all. Passed to my colleague to use for a couple of hours and he has no issue with disconnecting too.

Maybe someone can enlighten me what’s the problem here?
 

dawo5010

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I think xoundpod is not “compatible” with you. Same issue with me, changed a new set, they tested its ok. When I use its the right pod keeps break connections again. I passed to my Girlfriend to use for a day, she has no problem with the xoundpod at all. Passed to my colleague to use for a couple of hours and he has no issue with disconnecting too.

Maybe someone can enlighten me what’s the problem here?

I remember watching a few videos by iTwe4kz on the Kanoa earbuds from Kickstarter that turned out to be a scam.

Link: Video 1 Video 2

His review gets quite in depth about all the disconnection issues that the Kanoa experienced and this is true for Bluetooth in general:

1. The earbuds disconnected if he put the phone in the back pocket (because the human body is 70% water and water attenuates signals significantly)
2. The earbuds don't work if there aren't walls for the signals to reflect off.

There's a few more details in the video but if you're interest you can watch it yourself.

In short, IMO you really do get what you pay for with the X-Mini Xoundpods. I highly suspect not much engineering went into the antenna, and hence the dropout issues. Don't forget that you don't want to increase the receiving power too significantly either, these go into your ears which are right next to your brain.

So yes, unless you pay significantly more for a pair of Jabras or even the Airpods, your 'lifestyle' might be incompatible with the earphones purely because of the antenna design - if you put your phone in your back pocket, if you walk in open spaces a lot, if you frequent places with a lot of RF interference...

I will review them when I get them and see if this is true, but that's a tl;dr on the factors that could likely affect it.
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
I ordered a pair but I’m trying to figure out if one of the sides acts as a master that re-broadcasts the audio to the other side (slave) or if it actually connects simultaneously.

If it’s a master/slave configuration, it might explain most of the dropouts.
Will update when I receive. And also the details of the “mystery gift.”

My guess is the left side is the master as when I put the left earpiece on the right side.......my phone on the right will have no issue.
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
Mine as well. Dont worry you are not alone. Im tired of the xoundpod liao.

The right always break connection. I went to them and they upgrade the firmware and increase the RF signal strength, still the same. If i go again, i think my pretrol will end up more expensive than the xoundpod itself.

Is this the address of their service centre?
11 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh, BLK B #01-16/17, Jackson Square Singapore 319579
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top