Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

musicsg_com

Reaction score
I haven't tried the jabra elites. I tried the jabra run, the Apollo 7s, soul ST-XS, air by crazybaby. So far the E8 and the Apollo 7s stand out for me. The E8s were more to my liking and cheaper than the Apollo 7s. The E8 clarity and comfort was the main factor I chose the E8s.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

This is also my conclusion after testing a handful of TWE. E8 and Apollo 7 offers extraordinary treble clarity. Between the 2, the Apollo 7 is clearer and more pronounced sub-bass, while E8 is slightly tamer and I feel more comfortable listen. Between the 2, I would also choose E8 for its design and more functions, although Apollo 7 supports aptx which produces better wireless audio.

earthtk

Reaction score
I have tried E8, Apollo 7, Bragi dash, Sol amp air, Icon X, Sony WF-1000x, Earin M1. I have a shipped and yet to receive Crazybaby nano.

So far i can say that E8 has the best sound quality. Infact they are very comparable to a $200 pair of wired earphone. Only drawback is sound skipping when in open spaces. This are very common on some truly wireless earbuds due to Bluetooth signal non reflection.

The best connection without sound skipping and very powerful bass is from Sol Amp air. So far i have NEVER encounter any sound skipping from this set. Just a advise for anyone who want the best and reliable connection.
Hmm.. how does iconx compares to the rest? Are they any good?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

sugarcane88

Reaction score
Bragi Dash Pro delivered to me last week. Till today, have done 2 updates. Connection is good, no drops encountered and very comfy in the ears. Plus points is can bring to the showers and the additional 4GB storage.

Got bragi the dash pro too, distributor is no longer lrt.

My set Bluetooth is good indoor however outdoor while walking audio stutter when phone is in the left & back pocket. No problem with right pocket. End up I still have to put the aluminum foil to try enhance the Bluetooth signal :(. So for people thinking of buying bragi, beware ~

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score

My set Bluetooth is good indoor however outdoor while walking audio stutter when phone is in the left & back pocket. No problem with right pocket. End up I still have to put the aluminum foil to try enhance the Bluetooth signal :(. So for people thinking of buying bragi, beware ~

This is very common with true wireless earbuds as the antenna is very small. I remember using laser to cut the aluminum stickers for my bragi dash too.

I thought bragi has already solved the BT issue with the right earbud for the pro. Looks like is slight improvement only due to insufficient space for bigger antenna.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score

No issues for mine~

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Hmm.. how does iconx compares to the rest? Are they any good?

Not sure on the 2018 icon x. My first gen icon x has very short battery life but connection is good. Sound is normal. However my ears hurts quite badly when I use them.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the 2018 icon x. My first gen icon x has very short battery life but connection is good. Sound is normal. However my ears hurts quite badly when I use them.

Looks like the pressure on the ears are the same for the first gen and 2018 version.

earthtk

Reaction score
I went Samsung experience shop to see if I can try a set. The sales person tell me that there is no demo. Casually I just asked her why? how do people decide to buy if there is no demo. She replied:" everyone who buy knows the function so no need try." -.-

Xrin

Reaction score
No not true. I am running the latest update. No issue at all. Infact i actually taught one of the Stereo guy on how to pair the E8. Hope they got it right.

Video playing lag is very very minimum. Infact this is one of the best i have tested for video lag.

How did you update yr E8?

chocohan

Reaction score
Looks like the pressure on the ears are the same for the first gen and 2018 version.

I have the Iconx 2018. Initially I thought the default medium size fins suits my ear beteer but it hurts after prolong listening (2 hrs of running), then I switch to the smallest fins and it fits perfectly.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I have the Iconx 2018. Initially I thought the default medium size fins suits my ear beteer but it hurts after prolong listening (2 hrs of running), then I switch to the smallest fins and it fits perfectly.

I think it really depends on the size and shape of the ears. The default medium size can't even get into my ear, I changed to the small one and it will hurt after prolong usage.

Too bad Samsung don't let people try these things out at their experience stores :s22:

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I think it really depends on the size and shape of the ears. The default medium size can't even get into my ear, I changed to the small one and it will hurt after prolong usage.

Too bad Samsung don't let people try these things out at their experience stores :s22:

Try the comply TW. I have good result from them. Also can try spin fit.

blurpasta

Reaction score
iPhone 7 Plus... it was unstable with the old firmware... after the latest firmware upgrade, the Bluetooth connection was much better... not much drop connection... the only thing tt I dislike now is it does not sync when watching movies.

What phone are you using? I have a review unit and have tested with all my phones and none of them can deliver clean audio. I rank it one of the poorest audio quality TWE. Design-wise, not very fantastic too. But granted, the price is reasonable.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Try the comply TW. I have good result from them. Also can try spin fit.

Hmm it's the wingtip part cause it's there to prevent the earbud from falling out of the ears.

The wingtip sort of exert too much pressure.

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score
Was searching in youtube for wireless earbuds options, with the established brands like Jaybird Run, Sony Wf1000x, B&O E8 etc. All these are over SGD$200 sia....

Wanna upgrade from my Jaybird Bluebuds X, coz wire already exposed and also turned sticky...

Then somehow chance upon this video

[YOUTUBE-HD]Slf9QA-11kQ[/YOUTUBE-HD]

Since it's only USD$19, ie ~SGD$30, went ahead to hoot one.

Man, am I surprised by the SQ....Bass is actually more powerful than the Jaybird Bluebuds X, though mids are not as good, but still decent enough for those bass-heavy or EDM kinda music.

The cons is occasional drop-out from one earbud, but not very common, and understand this can also happen on those >$200 ones too.

Really impress with the price-to-performance value of this earbuds.

earthtk

Reaction score
Was searching in youtube for wireless earbuds options, with the established brands like Jaybird Run, Sony Wf1000x, B&O E8 etc. All these are over SGD$200 sia....

Wanna upgrade from my Jaybird Bluebuds X, coz wire already exposed and also turned sticky...

Man, am I surprised by the SQ....Bass is actually more powerful than the Jaybird Bluebuds X, though mids are not as good, but still decent enough for those bass-heavy or EDM kinda music.

The cons is occasional drop-out from one earbud, but not very common, and understand this can also happen on those >$200 ones too.

Hmm does it have volume control?

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score

I have tried the lower range too and most of them have right and left sync issue. Volune unequal on both side are quite common. More on how lucky you are getting a good set. The more expensive do have better quality control, better materials, specs, finishing , design , sound quality....etc. Basically is a chicken and egg thing.

One thing is for sure. Alot of manufacturer still cannot get the connection to work 100%.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.