Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Gadgetfreakloh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
114
how can AAC be of better sound quality than SBC if the bitrate is lower (assuming max bitrate for both).


https://darko.audio/2017/03/the-inconvenient-truth-about-bluetooth-audio/

For me AAC very similar to aptX. SBC more rough to me. Same music source.
 

kirium76

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
671
Reaction score
0
Anyone updated the firmware for the Jabra 65t active? My left earbud went dead after updating leh..Go to service Centre for replacement? BTW, where is the Jabra service Centre?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
 

dawo5010

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
how can AAC be of better sound quality than SBC if the bitrate is lower (assuming max bitrate for both).

You can't compare bitrates across codecs. Different codecs will have their own compression algorithms, and in the case of AAC, a 192kbit/s AAC stream is often the equivalent of a 372kbit/s SBC stream.

Another reason for the much degraded audio quality is the bluetooth stack of most Android devices. My friend's Nexus 6P maxes out at 233kbit/s on SBC, and his audio is a lot worse as a result.
 

ayuchan

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Just bought jabra elite active 65T from stereo at $260. Took bus and sat behind the ezlink tap out device. Did not encounter any hissing or crackling sound on my earpiece during the 15mins journey with multiple tap outs.

Also took the circle line mrt and did not experience any hiccup.
 
Last edited:

greatgreenman

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
566
Reaction score
16
Just bought jabra elite active 65T from stereo at $260. Took bus and sat behind the ezlink tap out device. Did not encounter any hissing or crackling sound on my earpiece during the 15mins journey with multiple tap outs.

Also took the circle line mrt and did not experience any hiccup.

good to know. was weighing the pros and cons of elite sport and active 65T for the longest time. Decided to just order the Active 65T after I managed to get my friend to order for me using his corporate discount. Seems like most reviewers agree Elite Sport is just for the ruggedness; no one actually cares about the HRM feature. Active 65T seems to win on sound quality and comfort.
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,604
Reaction score
1,137
good to know. was weighing the pros and cons of elite sport and active 65T for the longest time. Decided to just order the Active 65T after I managed to get my friend to order for me using his corporate discount. Seems like most reviewers agree Elite Sport is just for the ruggedness; no one actually cares about the HRM feature. Active 65T seems to win on sound quality and comfort.
If u like v shape...elite sport is much better..and the hrm..really very accurate..

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
Just gotten the Jabra elite active 65T recently and changed to the twx wireless short comply foam. Really comfortable when I wore for more than an hour indoors.
Was worried about whether without wingtips will it drop out when I go jogging. But today I went jogging with it for more than 30min and have no problems of connection issue or dropping out of my ears.
 

vengence_angels

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
2,295
Reaction score
27
I am also using the Xoundpods on my Note 9 and MacBook Pro..
neligible video delay..

for the $ I can't complain much in terms of sound quality.. stable connection is my main concern and the Xoundpods gives me that..

it even works well with my Vivoactive 3 Music..

update on my previous post about the connectivity of the X-mini Xoundpods Liberty

connection seems to be getting worse over the last few days especially when I am walking around with earbuds and device.

right earbuds keeps getting disconnected and out of sync when I am walking around :(

when the 2 earbuds are out of sync I have to turn off and on my bluetooth before it get back in sync.

I guess I will have to eat my words and say that the connection is not stable after all.

it is disappointing and if u are looking for a set of earbuds which has stable connection then I guess u better stay away from the X-mini Liberty.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Better to go for reliable brands and products instead of constantly spending money on several unreliable products :s22:
 

vengence_angels

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
2,295
Reaction score
27
I was using the Airpods B4 the X-mini.

Luckily I didn't sell my Airpods. Now back to using the Airpods, which works surprisingly well with my Note 9. Only problem is I can't check the battery level.

Installed a couple of 3rd party apps to check Airpods battery but all had issues and somehow interfered with the connectivity.
 

v1hypersg

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2003
Messages
872
Reaction score
28
can you close the case when using the comply foam ?

previously somone wrote if you use other tips, you cannot close the case to charge it,

where did you buy the foams from ?



Just gotten the Jabra elite active 65T recently and changed to the twx wireless short comply foam. Really comfortable when I wore for more than an hour indoors.
Was worried about whether without wingtips will it drop out when I go jogging. But today I went jogging with it for more than 30min and have no problems of connection issue or dropping out of my ears.
 

rayban

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2011
Messages
8,098
Reaction score
349
Can share the foam tip link?

Just gotten the Jabra elite active 65T recently and changed to the twx wireless short comply foam. Really comfortable when I wore for more than an hour indoors.
Was worried about whether without wingtips will it drop out when I go jogging. But today I went jogging with it for more than 30min and have no problems of connection issue or dropping out of my ears.
 

Lwl363

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
X-mini Xoundpods

Hi Guys, just reporting back from my mileage out of these. Came across a comment indicating a solution regarding the constant intermittent connection on the RHS xoundpod: "For those having the issue of only 1 side working, please put earpiece back in case and hold both buttons on earpiece till it flashes for a master reset. It works after (Hopefully it will last)."

Thereafter, please follow these procedures to pair the master and slave:
1. Forget liberty device 1st.
2. Turn off ur phone Bluetooth
3. Place both ur EarPods into the carrying case and slide it in.
4. Pull it out and take both pods out and place it side by side and u will see both logo blinking alternate blue and white.
5. U will hear left channel , right channel. At this point, you will see light headset still blinking alternate blue and white while right is blinking blue only.
6. Turn on ur phone Bluetooth and you will only see one liberty under available devices which to be paired.

This worked for me, from what seemed like a constant intermittent connection every 2-3 seconds, now I can hardly notice any drop-offs. Hope this helped you guys.
 

micxiao

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys, just reporting back from my mileage out of these. Came across a comment indicating a solution regarding the constant intermittent connection on the RHS xoundpod: "For those having the issue of only 1 side working, please put earpiece back in case and hold both buttons on earpiece till it flashes for a master reset. It works after (Hopefully it will last)."

Thereafter, please follow these procedures to pair the master and slave:
1. Forget liberty device 1st.
2. Turn off ur phone Bluetooth
3. Place both ur EarPods into the carrying case and slide it in.
4. Pull it out and take both pods out and place it side by side and u will see both logo blinking alternate blue and white.
5. U will hear left channel , right channel. At this point, you will see light headset still blinking alternate blue and white while right is blinking blue only.
6. Turn on ur phone Bluetooth and you will only see one liberty under available devices which to be paired.

This worked for me, from what seemed like a constant intermittent connection every 2-3 seconds, now I can hardly notice any drop-offs. Hope this helped you guys.

Also, for the X-mini Liberty Xoundpods right earbud connection issue, it may be caused by pushing the earbud too deep inside the ear, resulting in poor signal.

I changed to the large size earbuds for a better fit and it greatly reduced the connection dropping issue for the right earbud :)
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,604
Reaction score
1,137
anyone tried havit g1 and the indiegogo aria sports earbuds?

forget about all this cloud funding project..it's more like a hit & miss..if have issue...you will have to prepare to lose money~ =:p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top