Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

hobbes12

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
170
Reaction score
4
Totally gave up on my Outlier Gold after getting this. My Nuarl is just rotting over there(too bulky). This just fit nicely in my ear. Battery life is more like 5 hours than the claimed "7 hours". Sound quality is good. No distortion even when playing music in high volume. No audio sync delay. My favourite TWS right now . The BA version should have even cleaner sound.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT


What earphone model are you using? Thks.
 

xiaopang

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2003
Messages
1,648
Reaction score
0
Ya, disappointed really. I changed a set and still the same.

May I ask where did you get it changed? For exchange, do I need to bring the box and accessories as well?

I was chatting with the seller on Shopee and the feedback was that I need to charge it fully (which I'm sure I did cos battery life was 100% under "Bluetooth device") and usage time was based on my usage (I was only listening to music when it lasted barely 3 hours, nowhere near the rated "playing time of 15 hours")

I felt frustrated because the advertisement was misleading.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,938
Reaction score
13,676
May I ask where did you get it changed? For exchange, do I need to bring the box and accessories as well?

I was chatting with the seller on Shopee and the feedback was that I need to charge it fully (which I'm sure I did cos battery life was 100% under "Bluetooth device") and usage time was based on my usage (I was only listening to music when it lasted barely 3 hours, nowhere near the rated "playing time of 15 hours")

I felt frustrated because the advertisement was misleading.

I bought it from lendmeurears and went back to the shop to change. Ya, TFZ grossly overstated the play time. The specs say 6-8hrs, when in fact it's less than half.
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
the galaxy buds is damn comfortable!!

i find the fit much better than nuarl

sounds wise, nuarl have heavy bass while the buds have more 'natural' sounds.

i am loving my galaxy buds, thks digdub for e review!

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT
actually I find the bass is good enough...did you use dynamic equalizer setting?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,692
Reaction score
12
What earphone model are you using? Thks.
Right now I'm using Mifo O5. They have 2 version, 1 with dynamic and 1 with BA. Mine is the dynamic. I have not yet encounter any connection loss on my O5. They also have another newer model O7 which I'm guessing should be better?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
2019-06-11.png


got 12 off 75 coupon today.:s13:
 

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2013
Messages
15,005
Reaction score
50
actually I find the bass is good enough...did you use dynamic equalizer setting?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT

yes but i just prefer nuarl bass.

but overall, i prefer the buds than nuarl, now my nuarl is inside my drawer lol

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT
 

hobbes12

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
170
Reaction score
4
Right now I'm using Mifo O5. They have 2 version, 1 with dynamic and 1 with BA. Mine is the dynamic. I have not yet encounter any connection loss on my O5. They also have another newer model O7 which I'm guessing should be better?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Are they a lot smaller than the Nuarl NT01AX? How is the sound quality compared to the Nuarls? I find the Nuarl bass to be a bit strong.

Where did you buy them from and how much did they cost?

Thks.
 
Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Right now I'm using Mifo O5. They have 2 version, 1 with dynamic and 1 with BA. Mine is the dynamic. I have not yet encounter any connection loss on my O5. They also have another newer model O7 which I'm guessing should be better?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Can i ask how do you know when the case is fully charged ah? I just see the green LED at the side only. Does it change colour? :s13:

BTW, really enjoying the sound quality. Totally no regrets buying this. haha

2019-06-12.png
 
Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,692
Reaction score
12
Can i ask how do you know when the case is fully charged ah? I just see the green LED at the side only. Does it change colour? :s13:

BTW, really enjoying the sound quality. Totally no regrets buying this. haha

2019-06-12.png
Blinking green LED = charging
Static green LED = fully charged

Are they a lot smaller than the Nuarl NT01AX? How is the sound quality compared to the Nuarls? I find the Nuarl bass to be a bit strong.

Where did you buy them from and how much did they cost?

Thks.
I'll post some pics later.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,692
Reaction score
12
Are they a lot smaller than the Nuarl NT01AX? How is the sound quality compared to the Nuarls? I find the Nuarl bass to be a bit strong.

Where did you buy them from and how much did they cost?

Thks.
Didn't bring nuarl today so no pic but maybe because of the fit, I prefer the one on my Mifo. Here's a size comparison between Mifo, Creative Outlier Gold and Crazybaby Air Nano. Fit on the Outlier Gold is bad so I'm not using it.

tyLpLtQl.jpg


Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
 

LordKuroda

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
2,208
Reaction score
20
Have just made use of the $12 coupon and hooted a pair of mifo o5 pro also! It will be my first pair of true wireless ear buds, hopefully it doesn't disappoint haha. :D
 

TheOutsider

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
898
Reaction score
117
Right now I'm using Mifo O5. They have 2 version, 1 with dynamic and 1 with BA. Mine is the dynamic. I have not yet encounter any connection loss on my O5. They also have another newer model O7 which I'm guessing should be better?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

This one not running AptX right? Any idea whether it has Qualcomm chip inside? I found one earphone "Syllable S101" using Qualcomm QCC3020 chip with dual speaker. Not sure how good will that perform so didn't dare to try. Anyone wanna spend ~$50 to try and feedback here? haha At $50 it's quite a bit cheaper than even the Pamu slide (~$80)

I just backed Pamu slide, if anyone interested to get can help get it through my referral link? Just want to get the carrying case to keep the case less scratched :D https://igg.me/at/pamuslide/x/17975755#/

Much appreciated!
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
This one not running AptX right? Any idea whether it has Qualcomm chip inside? I found one earphone "Syllable S101" using Qualcomm QCC3020 chip with dual speaker. Not sure how good will that perform so didn't dare to try. Anyone wanna spend ~$50 to try and feedback here? haha At $50 it's quite a bit cheaper than even the Pamu slide (~$80)

I just backed Pamu slide, if anyone interested to get can help get it through my referral link? Just want to get the carrying case to keep the case less scratched :D https://igg.me/at/pamuslide/x/17975755#/

Much appreciated!

Excerpt from:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-192#post-14655689

UPDATE: After hours of analysing RF data, the chipset being used by the O5 is the Realtek RTL8763B, it seems to be a direct competitor with Qualcomm's QCC3026 as it boast long battery life and very efficient power consumption. The only downside is lack of Aptx support which obviously is a Qualcomm specific and chipset dependant feature.

This guy's review was the one that sold it for me.
 

Halo green

Banned
Joined
Oct 10, 2017
Messages
10,597
Reaction score
1,188
any iPhone using galaxy buds? how the sq?
q00 selling $140 now. and my AirPods spoilt also feel like buying it
 

gong318

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
398
Reaction score
3
Excerpt from:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-192#post-14655689



This guy's review was the one that sold it for me.

mifo volume on oneplus okay mah? My friend had a 6T and he said volume was v low. My mifo volume is fine on my P2XL tho. Considering buying 7 pro that's why asking the local oneplus expert :)

btw, been using mifo a few months Le (regular version), sound is great, and seal in the ears is even better. Battery life last forever, used for 2 weeks without charging haha. Only qualms is that when only 1 bud is charging, a squeaky sound will be made - returned and tried on new set, same problem. No squeaky sound issue on pro version though (tested). Nevertheless, very good for the price
 
Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
mifo volume on oneplus okay mah? My friend had a 6T and he said volume was v low. My mifo volume is fine on my P2XL tho. Considering buying 7 pro that's why asking the local oneplus expert :)

btw, been using mifo a few months Le (regular version), sound is great, and seal in the ears is even better. Battery life last forever, used for 2 weeks without charging haha. Only qualms is that when only 1 bud is charging, a squeaky sound will be made - returned and tried on new set, same problem. No squeaky sound issue on pro version though (tested). Nevertheless, very good for the price

haha. not oneplus expert la, but the volume seems okay for me. even when jogging i don't need to go above 85%. So better than other earbuds i've tried liao. Only exception is perhaps the XFyro XS2 which can go really loud. haha. the seal in the ears is quite good for me too, so for normal usage don't even need to set the volume too high.
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,053
Reaction score
854
Nuarl is my first and only earbuds

Is it common to have this problem of, like for example u lean ur head back or forward the sound like different i.e bass became lighter etc

Now considering to get the sony xm3 for better feel
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top