Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

nickmx1896

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Yeah. it's a definitely upgrade over the previous one. the preformed earhooks, and aptx-hd are a nice to have. It's microUSB sadly. lol, and the length of the cable is a little too long for my liking. Not sure where to cable shorteners that will fit the cable. Used to have for the Samsung Level Active, but threw those away already, and the jaybird X2 ones doesn't fit since they use flat cable. Maybe just have to live with it. :s22:

Interestingly, notice a bit of a volume jump at around 55%-60%. Like one click would make it go up in volume more. But not as crazy as the jump on the KZ T1 though. still ok for me.

EDIT: Length comparison jaybird x2 vs the KZ cable. Jaybird length is spot on for me.

2019-09-07.jpg

Oh ya, heard the Bluetooth cable when connected, produces a slight hissing sound?
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Oh ya, heard the Bluetooth cable when connected, produces a slight hissing sound?

oh yeah. but it's not really that bad though. Only really notice it when I was in a quiet room and when the music just nice stops. while music playing does really affect the sound quality. I did encounter another potentially bigger issue. while using on my pixel 2 using aptx-hd, the music suddenly just became like a static noise. Skip the track then became normal again. not sure phone issue or aptx-hd issue, need to test more
 
Last edited:

nickmx1896

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
oh yeah. but it's not really that bad though. Only really notice it when I was in a quiet room and when the music just nice stops. while music playing does really affect the sound quality. I did encounter another potentially bigger issue. while using on my pixel 2 using aptx-hd, the music suddenly just became like a static noise. Skip the track then became normal again. not sure phone issue or aptx-hd issue, need to test more

Maybe a one-off issue? TWS also will sometimes disconnect or have static anyways, at least for those I've tried. Now I thinking whether to splurge on the Zs10 pro or just go basic with zsn pro XD
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Maybe a one-off issue? TWS also will sometimes disconnect or have static anyways, at least for those I've tried. Now I thinking whether to splurge on the Zs10 pro or just go basic with zsn pro XD

Not sure though. have to test more when i have the time. haha. it's not like those soft static noise too. It's like those old TV channel with nothing on kind of static noise, and it plays at the same volume as the music you're listening too. Really shocked me when it happened. lol. But then when i switch to using my old samsung phone with just aptx (not aptx-hd), didn't encounter that. haha.

I think hard to recommend since really have to know what type of sound you're into, and to know that have to actually test them out. For me I ultimately decided to buy the ZS10 Pro because according to some reviews and comparisons that I've seen, they mentioned the highs are not as harsh as the ZSN Pro (which i do feel like it is slightly), so it might be less fatiguing to listen to for me, and it's also why I didn't just go with the even newer ZSX even though the price difference is like S$8-9 more only. From a few reviews I've seen they mentioned it might be more fatiguing to listen to. :s13: but I might be getting the ZSX for review anyway, so might be able to compare them then. haha
 

nickmx1896

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Not sure though. have to test more when i have the time. haha. it's not like those soft static noise too. It's like those old TV channel with nothing on kind of static noise, and it plays at the same volume as the music you're listening too. Really shocked me when it happened. lol. But then when i switch to using my old samsung phone with just aptx (not aptx-hd), didn't encounter that. haha.

I think hard to recommend since really have to know what type of sound you're into, and to know that have to actually test them out. For me I ultimately decided to buy the ZS10 Pro because according to some reviews and comparisons that I've seen, they mentioned the highs are not as harsh as the ZSN Pro (which i do feel like it is slightly), so it might be less fatiguing to listen to for me, and it's also why I didn't just go with the even newer ZSX even though the price difference is like S$8-9 more only. From a few reviews I've seen they mentioned it might be more fatiguing to listen to. :s13: but I might be getting the ZSX for review anyway, so might be able to compare them then. haha

Wah, the static so bad ah. Now I need reconsider again liao, maybe wait for more of your reviews regarding this. Maybe you try go the developer options to adjust aptx to aptxhd on your current phone and see if the problem goes away? Oh ya, any delays in videos or gaming?
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Wah, the static so bad ah. Now I need reconsider again liao, maybe wait for more of your reviews regarding this. Maybe you try go the developer options to adjust aptx to aptxhd on your current phone and see if the problem goes away? Oh ya, any delays in videos or gaming?

I've been using it with my pixel again on Aptx-HD for the past 30 mins. just happened again. And toggled the aptx-hd off the song went back to normal again.Maybe it's an issue with aptx-hd. But no idea if it's specific to the phone or it's the BT cable though. Also i'm running Android 10 too. But regular aptx seems fine with my Samsung. Used it for about an hour or so without that issue. Need to find another phone that support aptx-hd to test. haha. On Pixel I can't change it to normal aptx, it just sticks to apt-hd. haha

there is still some latency, but much better than true wireless options for sure, especially for gaming. videos is fine since the app will try to sync audio and video up, and it does a slightly better job than true wireless options too.
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,945
Reaction score
1,720
Alexz.. The zsx shares the same pin as zsn? U tempted me... Feel like getting zsx+5.0

But... I backed truengine2.. Sad.
 

colonelsoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
16,778
Reaction score
322
Guys I'm using kz zst. So the pin should be 0.75mm right? Gonna order the trn bt20s

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Alexz.. The zsx shares the same pin as zsn? U tempted me... Feel like getting zsx+5.0

But... I backed truengine2.. Sad.

one for jogging use, the KZ for daily use? haha.
but yeah, from what I can find, it uses the same C-Pin connector as the ZSN series. Looks the same in photos too.

https://oardio.sg/kz-zsx-black.html

Starting to see more reviews of them on youtube liao. haha. can go research and see see. On a side note, the Tin T2 like super popular. haha

 

gong318

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
398
Reaction score
3
one for jogging use, the KZ for daily use? haha.
but yeah, from what I can find, it uses the same C-Pin connector as the ZSN series. Looks the same in photos too.

https://oardio.sg/kz-zsx-black.html

Starting to see more reviews of them on youtube liao. haha. can go research and see see. On a side note, the Tin T2 like super popular. haha


da ge.. if you have the budget, care to compare zs10 pro, zsx and tin t2? currently using trn v80 for more than a year and looking to go back to iem space to test what's good :)

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT
 

Rated R Edge

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
7,618
Reaction score
825
Interested in buying true wireless earphones for running. At first was interested in Creative Outlier Air but then i went to Comex just now and tried. The sound was fine but I didn't think the fit was very good and I was also quite turned off but how painful it was to press the button while wearing the earbud.

Been researching on other TWEs this evening and found 1More Stylish, Mpow T5, MiFo O5 and Sabbat E12. Leaning more towards 1More and I see some discount on Lazada for 9.9.

Anyone got review for 1More?
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Interested in buying true wireless earphones for running. At first was interested in Creative Outlier Air but then i went to Comex just now and tried. The sound was fine but I didn't think the fit was very good and I was also quite turned off but how painful it was to press the button while wearing the earbud.

Been researching on other TWEs this evening and found 1More Stylish, Mpow T5, MiFo O5 and Sabbat E12. Leaning more towards 1More and I see some discount on Lazada for 9.9.

Anyone got review for 1More?

Would be curious to hear people's thoughts on the 1more too. it seems quite well-received when I look at reviews. only downside is microUSB? For that price usb-c would be nice. haha. Now buy from lazada export set can get at pretty decent price i think.

For me i've only tested mpow m5, creative outlier air, mifo o5 pro. Amongst those so far outlier air is my top option now cause the fit was actually fine for me, and the controls on the earbuds are not something I care about.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Would like to know mpow T5 Vs 1morr stylish review as well..

lazada export set can get at around 64. more interested in this than the sabbat e12 ultra cause don't think i'll like the sound of the sabbat e12. haha. hmmmm. on the other hand, for a bit lesser, can hoot the Tin Hifi T2 wire IEMs liao... haha
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
It's one of the new user code I think. Now lazada got some mission thing. Like first order I think 8 off 16. Then after that will give you more coupon like 8 off 20. And even 10 off 30 after your 2nd order and completing profile. I used the 10 off 30 to help my friend buy haylou gt1 from flash sale ytd. Paid 27.80 for 2. :s12:

where tat -$8 from?
 
Last edited:

AlwaysHardAlwaysReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2015
Messages
7,270
Reaction score
972
lazada export set can get at around 64. more interested in this than the sabbat e12 ultra cause don't think i'll like the sound of the sabbat e12. haha. hmmmm. on the other hand, for a bit lesser, can hoot the Tin Hifi T2 wire IEMs liao... haha
Planning to hoot mpow from shopee cos 5 dollar more i can get 1 year warranty.. lazada got no warranty .
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Nice. I feel like mpow is easy recommendation for most casual listeners. Not much in terms of design, but at least you know all the money you're paying are mostly going into the sound quality. Haha.

Planning to hoot mpow from shopee cos 5 dollar more i can get 1 year warranty.. lazada got no warranty .
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top