Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,692
Reaction score
12

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Good price for T2!

Look like Sony ones lol. The main improvement over soundpeats 1 is usb C and aptX?

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

don't know the difference leh, never pay attention to their products one. :s13:

Today lots of new toys to play with. ZS10 Pro and ZSX reach at the same time. Haylou GT1 also reaching today.

2019-09-12.jpg
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Help me to hear the diff between zsx n zs10p



so far from a quick listen, it's like the reviews online say lor. ZSX a bit more high end details, and maybe a bit more fatiguing to listen too. but other than that, very similar sound, similar mids, similar bass? :s13:

These just arrived too. Haylou GT1. from a quick listen, it sounds decent enough. Cannot compare to like mpow, outlier air, mifo o5 still la, but for the price, it's decent. enough bass to make it a bit more fun listen, mids are not too muffled, highs are not too harsh. In short, it's not amazing sounding, but it's not offensive sounding to me. I don't have the redmi airdots to compare anymore, but from my memory, this is better.

Tested the mic with a portable air con running (it's pretty loud) in my small room. Caller said i sound echoey, but that's normal since it's a small room with bad acoustics. but she could still hear what I was saying using the earbuds. so good enough.

The size of the earbuds and case are super nice too. It's cheap plastic, and the earbuds rattles a little in the case, but it's so small and easy to carry around! The earbuds has a very simple pill shaped design too, and has touch control which is rare at this price point. Very comfortable to wear for me too.

At this point, i don't think even need to see the battery life can also say it's quite worth it. Just make sure you wait till got promo or what. haha. I got these for a friend at like 27.80 for 2 during flash sale on lazada + some new user coupon. Doubt will be able to get that low again, but at that price, it's an insanely good deal at 13.90 each.

Another option is go find someone who hasn't used shopee before and create new account to get some coupon. I know DSB has like a 7 off 15 for new users on shopee with some T&Cs attached, can still try. https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/yl1901shopee

2019-09-13.jpg
 

davidwong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
0
Hi bro

How about comparing tor earfun free (oluv)?

And for those earfun users as not all phone have universal phone wide EQ, is it suggested to get foam tips to increase the isolation hence increasing the quality of the sound and volume of the sound of earfun free?
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Help me to hear the diff between zsx n zs10p



2019-09-13.png


After playing around with it on and off throughout the day... so far I'm liking the sound more on the ZSX? Not quite ready to put my name to this claim though. Need more time and testing. So this is just my hot take for now.

The main difference I noticed is that vocals seems a bit more natural sounding on the ZSX. Not sure what's the correct term to describe it. Like it's more airy, and they fall off a bit slower. Whereas on ZS10 Pro it's like very tight and more abrupt cut. Is this what they mean by faster decay? Still learning all those terms. lol. But anyway, that portion of the sound also a bit less bright and a little less harsh to my ears on the ZSX.

Other than that I can't really hear much of a difference liao. Maybe limitation of my equipment and my hearing. haha. I'm a filthy casual, so just using direct 3.5mm output from phone (galaxy note fe) and iMac. Audio files are all compressed audio formats, mainly MP3 and AAC. The tracks I'm testing these on are mostly 320 kbps for MP3s and 256 for those AAC files purchased from iTunes.

Comfort wise the ZS10 pro doesn't protrude out as much and maybe a bit more comfortable for my ears. That slightly protruding top part of the ZSX does press against my ears a bit, so I definitely feel these in my ears more than the ZS10 pro, but it's not uncomfortable for me though.

In terms of fatigue, I think more or less the same to me. I think the cable played a bigger difference for me actually. I got the one with mic this time round since I only had without mic, thinking it'll be nice to have an option if it do need to take calls.

Not sure if i'm imagining things, but the cable with mic sounded harsher and more fatiguing for me, and the volume output is also noticeably lower. At first I was using the ZSX with the cable with mic and thought it's more fatiguing than the ZS10 Pro. But then after switching both to cable without mic, I don't feel a big difference in this area anymore.

Anyway, both are more fatiguing to listen to compared to the Tin T2 (maybe i'll have to try using foam to the ZSX to see if it helps), and soundstage is still a bit wider on the T2. However, on the T2 you're missing out on the bass of course, and the extended highs. Passive noise isolation is also worse on the T2 on the stock tips (both foam and silicone). But I still kinda like the T2 actually. I feel like it's a pair of earbuds that I can listen to for hours.

On the KZs everything is like tight, exciting, fast. It's fun to listen to for shorter periods of time, and I think will present pretty much most genres in a good light. Tin T2 i think shines in some tracks with strong vocals and mids, and does well enough for most tracks, but with more bass heavy tracks, the Tin T2 falls a bit flat. But if i want to chill and relax and listen to some music while working or what, I'll probably still pick up the T2. It's still has good enough highs to me, and i'm not much of a bass-head. shrugs.

So hard to say which I prefer. ZS10 Pro and ZSX are really similar. I'm fine with either of them considering how much they cost, but personally leaning more towards the ZSX for now. Comparing the 2 KZs to the Tin T2... will be harder to choose. I think slightly different use cases for both. But maybe if you point a gun at me and only let me choose one, I might still go with the T2.

But anyway, compared to the ZSN Pro, both are upgrades for sure, and they all work with the C-Pin adapter, so i can use the KZ bluetooth cable with them. haha.

Oh, a mini rant I have is that KZ is still giving the same exact cable as the ZSN Pro, which tangles quite easily. Would be nice if they included nicer cables for their more expensive IEMs. :/

Cross post from the other thread haha.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Hi bro

How about comparing tor earfun free (oluv)?

And for those earfun users as not all phone have universal phone wide EQ, is it suggested to get foam tips to increase the isolation hence increasing the quality of the sound and volume of the sound of earfun free?

I don't think that many people hooted the earfun here? Only saw 1 or 2 mentioned they got it?
 

yapcc

Member
Joined
May 21, 2000
Messages
310
Reaction score
0
Hi bro

How about comparing tor earfun free (oluv)?

And for those earfun users as not all phone have universal phone wide EQ, is it suggested to get foam tips to increase the isolation hence increasing the quality of the sound and volume of the sound of earfun free?

I had a set but thrown it away after the left ear bud just went dead in less than a month of usage. Other than the bad luck, the sound was actually pretty decent for the price. Overall balanced sound but just lacking in bass and details.
 

siaodong01

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2003
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,
Is it normal for mifo o5 to keep cutting out at crowded places?

I bought and received a pair of o5 pro yesterday. It was working well at home.
Today I brought it to waterway point and it started cutting out every 30 seconds.
When I walked to basement where there are more people, the cutting out became unbearable. Like cut out every alternate second, sometimes both ears, sometimes just left side.

Is this the normal expectation?
Thanks all in advance.
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,838
Reaction score
2,284
Hi guys,
Is it normal for mifo o5 to keep cutting out at crowded places?

I bought and received a pair of o5 pro yesterday. It was working well at home.
Today I brought it to waterway point and it started cutting out every 30 seconds.
When I walked to basement where there are more people, the cutting out became unbearable. Like cut out every alternate second, sometimes both ears, sometimes just left side.

Is this the normal expectation?
Thanks all in advance.
It's normal for Bluetooth to have interference in places where there are a lot of maybe WiFi and Bluetooth. I experienced it on my Sony using Bluetooth 5.0, even sennheiser using Bluetooth 4 had interference.
 

bjornng

Master Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
0
hey guys, any recommendations for bluetooth wired headset? don't need the neck band one. figured would be easier to unplug and leave it hanging. have been using klipsch x10 for the longest time possible!

not referring to true wireless earbuds btw! thanks in advance!
 

laeticia

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
1,998
Reaction score
126
Hi guys,
Is it normal for mifo o5 to keep cutting out at crowded places?

Today I brought it to waterway point and it started cutting out every 30 seconds.

Normal to have a few skips like I tested my Mpow M5 the other day while out shopping. Wore it for a few hours and it skipped maybe 3-4 times and at one point even dhut down completely while I was at Jewel Changi.

Every 30s not normal though. I returned my Sabbat E12 that couldn't even play one song without skipping!

Sent from Samsung SM-T720 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

musicsg_com

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
852
Reaction score
21
hey guys, any recommendations for bluetooth wired headset? don't need the neck band one. figured would be easier to unplug and leave it hanging. have been using klipsch x10 for the longest time possible!

not referring to true wireless earbuds btw! thanks in advance!

If you like X10, I recommend you buy back Klipsch. Their sound signature is neutral. Try the R5 (https://musicphotolife.com/2018/12/klipsch-r5-wireless-review/).

You should get a neckband if you want to keep the earbuds hanging around your neck. Normal ones tend to slip off.
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
hey guys, any recommendations for bluetooth wired headset? don't need the neck band one. figured would be easier to unplug and leave it hanging. have been using klipsch x10 for the longest time possible!

not referring to true wireless earbuds btw! thanks in advance!
Anker Soundbuds Slim+, if you're on a budget. 40 bucks on Aliexpress. Good beefy sound, but bass doesn't muddy up the sound signature. Magnetised earbud tips to keep them in place on your neck.
 

gong318

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
398
Reaction score
3
Hi guys,
Is it normal for mifo o5 to keep cutting out at crowded places?

I bought and received a pair of o5 pro yesterday. It was working well at home.
Today I brought it to waterway point and it started cutting out every 30 seconds.
When I walked to basement where there are more people, the cutting out became unbearable. Like cut out every alternate second, sometimes both ears, sometimes just left side.

Is this the normal expectation?
Thanks all in advance.

day to day use my mifo o5 no cut outs (maybe twice a month?)

but when I was at JB customs when it was packed, the left buds kept dc-ing every 10 mins or so

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT
 

ApPle5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
16,375
Reaction score
68
Hi guys, any recommendations for true wireless earbuds for daily use? Currently I only listen to the radio on my daily commute to work and home. Have been using Jaybird Freedom 2 for close to 2 years now, battery life getting weaker so thinking to change.

Sent from 我是你的小呀小苹果。 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top