Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Can use back my mmcx earbuds liao! Yay!

hfn9BqI.jpg
This is wear behind the ears type?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Anyone here owns both Creative Outlier Air and Sabbat E12 ultra? I am thinking to get something of $100 price range. Good connectivity, listening to heavy metal/rock, able to volume control. Just these three, the other functions I can close eye.

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,926
Reaction score
681

5pjF0sd.jpg


I got the hybrid version. Initial impressions wise, it sounds like the T1 IIRC, but I gave that to a friend so can't compare side by side. Sound wise I haven't really tested that many TWS or IEMs, but i think it's a V shaped sound leaning towards more treble?

For my ears, i feel like the treble can get a bit intense sometimes, and i find the upper mids a bit thin sounding? I would also prefer if the mids were a bit more forward overall. Bass is just okay imo. The main TWS I've been using recently are the Galaxy Buds, and i don't think the S1 sounds as good. But then again, it's many times cheaper. YMMV of course, since everyone got different preference when it comes to audio.

It also has that slightly metallic/steely timbre like other KZ hybrid IEMs I've used like the ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, ZSX.

They fixed a couple of shortcomings like the placement of the buds in the box are now in the right order (right side for right earbuds), it uses USB-C port for charging now, and the case is smaller than it was on the T1. But i still find it a bit thick, so can't really carry around in regular pockets.

I think there is still a jump in volume at around 80% like the T1 but doesn't seem as jarring as it was on the S1.

Fit is similar to T1, but i think the longer nozzle might not be everyone's cup of tea. For me still okay, but not the most comfortable TWS i've used for sure. Went for a jog with it this morning, and no issues with it dropping out.

Battery life is rated at 3 hours like the T1, and I got 3 hours 10 mins at around 70-80% volume before the low battery voice prompt came up. T1 i think I was able to get a bit more than that. Overall battery life still need to test.

Connectivity seems okay. Took it to a coffeeshop below MRT station for coffee, walked around shopping mall, had the phone in my back phone, etc. Didn't really hear any stutter. I only heard 1 split second stutter while I was on the bus only, which could be my phone issue also, so wouldn't really consider that an issue yet.

The game mode for lower latency does work, and as far as i can tell it's just lowering the bit rate of the audio. There is still a slight noticeable delay for games, but not as bad as it usually is for regular TWS. Maybe around the level of neckbuds like the jaybird X2 or better? Also I do feel like it sounds better on iPhone compared to android, probably just better AAC implementation. I feel the same with the Galaxy Buds too. :/

Anyway, so far I feel like it's a pretty nice overall package for the price. If have some coupon or coins you can use on shopee, can be even cheaper. :s13:
 

John010

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
328
Reaction score
0
With Tin Audio T4. Stunning! :eek:

LLzsFAD.jpg


I tried the demo at Stereo with my Sony IER-Z1R, sounded veiled and muffled? Anyway, will be going back this weekends to try the new Nuarl N6pro tws maybe will give the Fiio another try.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,919
Reaction score
13,646
I tried the demo at Stereo with my Sony IER-Z1R, sounded veiled and muffled? Anyway, will be going back this weekends to try the new Nuarl N6pro tws maybe will give the Fiio another try.

Hmm....sounds ok for mine, maybe z1r is more power hungry?
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,117
Reaction score
500
I tried the demo at Stereo with my Sony IER-Z1R, sounded veiled and muffled? Anyway, will be going back this weekends to try the new Nuarl N6pro tws maybe will give the Fiio another try.
Hmm....sounds ok for mine, maybe z1r is more power hungry?

Woots! Top stuff there. The reproduction of music being transmitted by Bluetooth codec may result in sound degrading, as compared to using the supplied copper cable wire of the 1ER-Z1R.
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
Currently using sudio tolv for travel.
Wanna get one for gf, but people recommend Sabbat e12 ultra. Anyone using this can comment?
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,919
Reaction score
13,646
Woots! Top stuff there. The reproduction of music being transmitted by Bluetooth codec may result in sound degrading, as compared to using the supplied copper cable wire of the 1ER-Z1R.
Wired is definitely better since it is direct from source. And most phones and music players output more power to the earphones than the true wireless earbuds where battery life is small and need more conservation.
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,834
Reaction score
2,279
I got mine from carousell. This guy sells quite a bit of chifi stuff and has ready stock although a bit more expensive than overseas shipment. But I usually don't like to wait so buy from him and can check on the spot for problems.

https://sg.carousell.com/audiofido/
Thanks bro. Already followed and will text him tomorrow after checking out his listings.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top