CASE
Pros:
- size of the case is excellent, and one of my favourites because of its shape. (airpods-like) super easy to carry around in pocket.
- easy to open the case in one hand too, easy to take out earbuds
- battery indicator has 5 led at 20% increments, so that's nice
Cons:
- micro-usb port and no wireless charging (frankly not deal breakers for me since I always have a microUSB connector on my desk, and don't use wireless charging features)
EARBUDS
Pros:
- the physical button is nice and tactile, and doesn't require a lot of pressure to press.
- glowing light design is kinda nice
Cons:
- the design of the earbuds makes it stick out of ears more than other TWS
- fit can be a bit finicky because of the large nozzle, had to use large silicone tips to get good seal
- and because the nozzle is large, finding third party tips can be a pain. Jaybird X2 silicone tips does fit the earbuds, and I was able to get an even better seal with the large tips, but it doesn't fit in the case that well anymore. have to force a bit.
BATTERY LIFE
Pros:
- so far longest session i've tested is like 6-7 hours, so that's pretty good.
- have around 15-16 hours of playback so far, and the case indicates 60% battery remaining. so that's good too
SOUND
This one is kinda subjective and more nuanced, so wouldn't really list it as pros and cons. Anyway, I'm also not an audiophile, so pardon me if I don't do a good job describing the sound here, or any mistakes here please correct so i can learn too.
I remember seeing some reviews say there isn't much bass, but they're probably not getting a good fit. For me with a good seal, the bass is actually a bit too much. and higher than the galaxy buds. But it's not in a good way since I feel like it's a little bloated, so some of the details sounds a bit muddier to me. Still good, but just not as clean as the galaxy buds, which i do prefer.
Mids is where it shines for me, in particular male vocals. It sounds like the vocals are isolated and just pushed forward in the mix, so even with the bass being prominent, the vocals still shines through really well. I think it has good details in this region as well, so a lot of instruments that falls in this frequency range sounds kinda nice too.
Treble is not too bad, and it has a bit of air to it, however when listening to the usual songs that I do, one of which is zutomayo's 秒針を噛む, i felt like there is a dip somewhere in the frequency response making certain higher female vocals sound a little dull. It's the same for some instruments too like at 0:14 on the same song on
youtube, I think that part (sound like an electric guitar?) sounded dull and recessed compared to like the galaxy buds.
I researched a little and found the FR graphs from soundguys and rtings.com which both show a big dip at around 5-6 Khz. With some EQ in poweramp music player in that region, sure enough, boosting that region by a few dB made a difference, and I was able to get back the type of sound that I like.
but anyway, overall, the treble is definitely not too intense or fatiguing to listen to at all for me.
CONCLUSION
Overall, it's still nice sounding for sure, and with that little bit of EQ, i was able to get a sound that I think I enjoy more than the galaxy buds since I like vocals to be more prominent. Also I really like how small the case is and how easy it is to carry around. So will be using it over the galaxy buds for now, just because convenience is a big factor for me when it comes to TWS.
But is it worth the RRP of 239 SGD here in SG? I don't think so at all. haha. Nowadays got so many good budget TWS in the market, quite hard to justify that price tag.
But at the price of 100 USD on amazon, I think still MAYBE okay la. The sound quality I don't think is really quite as amazing as some reviews says it is though. Who knows, maybe I've got a dud or what, but i think more likely it's just that the fit of the earbuds is so finicky and can affect the overall sound a lot. But it's still nice for me, and something that I do enjoy listening to while jogging, or like commuting around. So... not too bad I guess. haha.