Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for WFH purpose, talking over Teams calls?

Budget ard $150.

thanks
You can take a look at the new Jabra Elite 3. It seems the mic quality is good. There are reviews on the YouTube and you can try out the demo at retailers.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG, sony, any buds with google fast pair feature.
But this is for close vicinity only right ?
The above examples I listed syncs with phone location history and can also show last location on map.

Last edited:

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can take a look at the new Jabra Elite 3. It seems the mic quality is good. There are reviews on the YouTube and you can try out the demo at retailers.
Bring a laptop to test the mic quality with Zoom or skype or MS team

then test the mic using Phone calls, Whatsapp, Line, etc and then ask the opposite party To be honest with the call quality
1) do you hear my voice clearly?
2) do you hear any background sound?
3) does my sentence break up or it is in one smooth sentence?

being a longtime user of Jabra elite 85t and my cousin uses the Jabra 65t

i don’t believe such claims…

Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am actually using the Redmi Buds 3 Pro (The international variant of the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro) on a daily basis for the past 2 to 3 weeks...

The bass is Not really SUPER Bassy or those crazy heavy bass... personally I would say that it is sufficient for most people.

Here are my thoughts....

3moz2nk.jpg

Imo, the Redmi buds 3 pro is quite crap. The sound quality I guess is barely passable. Quite heavy mid bass with ok mids and treble. The worst aspect is the touch controls. Double tap to play/pause is quite standard. But the rest of the control scheme is just horrible. Triple tap on either of the buds to skip a track, there's no way to skip a track back, should have allowed the other earbud to skip back a track... but no, for some strange reason Redmi decided that both sides should skip track. And no volume controls. There's also no way to turn off the ANC or volume control, only can cycle between on and transparency mode. Taking out one side of the earbud auto pauses the music, I prefer to have the bud that is still in the ear to continue playing.

Overall 2/10 from me. Nice design and hardware but the usability is terrible. An app to customise it probably can make it better.

The Creative outlier air v3 is a much much better buy.

Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has first hands experience for both Creative Outlier Air v3 and Redmi Airdots 3 Pro? On the paper, the specifications between the two look familiar, even the pricetag.
The Creative outlier air v3 is a much better product than the Redmi. Don't waste your money on the Redmi.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3moz2nk.jpg

Imo, the Redmi buds 3 pro is quite crap. The sound quality I guess is barely passable. Quite heavy mid bass with ok mids and treble. The worst aspect is the touch controls. Double tap to play/pause is quite standard. But the rest of the control scheme is just horrible. Triple tap on either of the buds to skip a track, there's no way to skip a track back, should have allowed the other earbud to skip back a track... but no, for some strange reason Redmi decided that both sides should skip track. And no volume controls. There's also no way to turn off the ANC or volume control, only can cycle between on and transparency mode. Taking out one side of the earbud auto pauses the music, I prefer to have the bud that is still in the ear to continue playing.

Overall 2/10 from me. Nice design and hardware but the usability is terrible. An app to customise it probably can make it better.

The Creative outlier air v3 is a much much better buy.

sadly the Redmi Buds 3 Pro is primarily designed for xiaomi branded smartphones and if your xiaomi phone has MIUI 12… you will have full control of the buds 3 pro

but using the buds 3 pro with my iphone 12 mini for the pat few weeks… i am actually very ok with the built-in touch controls…

so far there is no commitment from xiaomi to release an international english version of the XIAO MI TONG XUE app, which is Xiaomi proprietary App

besides sporting a unique design, lighter casing…
i would say the main selling point of the Buds 3 Pro is actually the ANC tech… bringing decent enough ANC at the 50USD price point (299 rmb)

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Creative outlier air v3 is a much better product than the Redmi. Don't waste your money on the Redmi.
ouch! That bad ah??? It seems worse than the youtube review posted above. If like this, I may just put my money on Outlier V3

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sadly the Redmi Buds 3 Pro is primarily designed for xiaomi branded smartphones and if your xiaomi phone has MIUI 12… you will have full control of the buds 3 pro

but using the buds 3 pro with my iphone 12 mini for the pat few weeks… i am actually very ok with the built-in touch controls…

so far there is no commitment from xiaomi to release an international english version of the XIAO MI TONG XUE app, which is Xiaomi proprietary App

besides sporting a unique design, lighter casing…
i would say the main selling point of the Buds 3 Pro is actually the ANC tech… bringing decent enough ANC at the 50USD price point (299 rmb)
Buy Xiaomi phone with awful UI to solve awful touch controls scheme on the earbuds? Errr... :s13:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ouch! That bad ah??? It seems worse than the youtube review posted above. If like this, I may just put my money on Outlier V3
Yup, the controls schemes are terrible. If it costs $29, maybe ok, but not for $89. Outlier v3 is a much superior product.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Buy Xiaomi phone with awful UI to solve awful touch controls scheme on the earbuds? Errr... :s13:
Hahaha... I feel the same as u lol. MIUI is really bad IMO. My Poco X3 is good for being a spare phone is but not suitable for daily drive.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If buds 3 pro is priced at around same price as Creative… i would go with Creative too XD

or even FIIL

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup fiil t1 pro is a great option also if don't mind no warranty and Chinese prompts.

hellomeister

Reaction score
Bring a laptop to test the mic quality with Zoom or skype or MS team

then test the mic using Phone calls, Whatsapp, Line, etc and then ask the opposite party To be honest with the call quality
1) do you hear my voice clearly?
2) do you hear any background sound?
3) does my sentence break up or it is in one smooth sentence?

being a longtime user of Jabra elite 85t and my cousin uses the Jabra 65t

i don’t believe such claims…
just to add, phone and laptop bluetooth hardware/drivers are different. it may sound amazing on phone but on most laptops will actually be worse. Its a laptop hardware driver issue if i'm not wrong.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to add, phone and laptop bluetooth hardware/drivers are different. it may sound amazing on phone but on most laptops will actually be worse. Its a laptop hardware driver issue if i'm not wrong.
Well… that’s the thing when it comes to choosing a suitable wireless earbuds for WFH with laptops/PC

due to differences… best to test it out with own laptop before buy

i think very few people WFH with their smartphones connected to a monitor bah???

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sennheiser CX plus.

u8JXCXI.jpg
Highly recommend this if don't want to spend over $300 for tws earbuds. Great sound, good app, very comfortable, great controls. Minor down sides would be the case is a bit thick and the earbuds protrude a bit, and no down mixing of stereo to single channel when a single earbud is in use.

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend this if don't want to spend over $300 for tws earbuds. Great sound, good app, very comfortable, great controls. Minor down sides would be the case is a bit thick and the earbuds protrude a bit, and no down mixing of stereo to single channel when a single earbud is in use.
Wa no mono stereo is a big deal breaker leh.

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The airpods are actually good because I thought it would break easily but it is actually pretty durable.

At the top of my list the razor black truck Tito is one of the gaming headsets that stand out the most in 2021 and I think it is one of the best upon experience

Hyper X cloud two wireless is a really good alternative to other pricey headsets for it's Price

If you have the budget steel series arctic 9X is a really good gaming headset that performs well under all kinds of gaming set ups

For a cheaper alternative the Razer kraken X is at the top of the list

The JBL quantum 800 is another good headset for the price that it's given at

Although it is quite pricey the Razer Nari essential is a really good headset for the price it is given at the market right now

One of the top of the line headsets are the Astro gaming headsets any of those headsets will do you good in the long run

Classic headset are the turtle beach headsets in any of those are used to use when I used to play battlefield three

If you're into gaming your Earphones I am here to recommend some

The version tech gaming earbuds are really good alternatives to some good gaming headphones

The monster mission V1 wireless is another really good earphone for gaming

The Langsdom Jamie earbuds comes with a microphone and really good for gaming

The Asus wired gaming earbuds ROG Cetera is one of The best gaming earphones

The JBL quantum 50 gaming headphones is another really good gaming accessory

The bengoo G 16 gaming earbuds are good alternatives to some of the best gaming headsets

The Sennheiser IEE 80 S Is considered to be one of the top-of-the-line gaming headsets alternatives

The cooler master master polis MH 710 gaming earphones are respected for the price it is giving head

The logitech G333 as one of the essential gaming your phones for gamers on mobile

The hyper X cloud gaming earbuds are hyper best kinds of earphones

The turtle beach battle birds are turtle beach headsets made simple
@runforyourlife mod pls do something about the bot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.