Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

wwh5210

Master Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
2,994
Reaction score
348
So between the creative outlier air V3 and the jabra elite 3, which would be a better buy? I have no experience with TWS. Just need an entry level one.
Quality wise I will go for Jabra. It will be best if you can go down and try it yourself.
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,874
Reaction score
10,634
Saw that from one review. Is that a consistent issue?
I see at least 2 reviews saying that so you make up your own inference from that.

I don't own a pair so I cannot tell you from personal experience.
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,874
Reaction score
10,634
I was just asking because i never had that happen with mine before
Then it's a good sign but I just wanted to inform him of the issue.

Why don't you pm him directly and tell him. I don't have the earbuds myself.
 

jamwithyou

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
220
Reaction score
10
Then it's a good sign but I just wanted to inform him of the issue.

Why don't you pm him directly and tell him. I don't have the earbuds myself.
Oh my bad I thought you had it and wanted to help only because of the possibility that it was a malfunction on yours when i thought u had one
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762

REDMI AirDots 3 VS REDMI Buds 3 Pro​

Whether you are an existing AirDots, AirDots S or AirDots 2 owner, or you have been using a wired earpiece, especially the pair which comes with the Smartphone. I am sure you finally decided to upgrade to a new pair of wireless earbuds which is better but doesn’t hurt your wallet.

Now, you see the new Redmi AirDots 3 Pro and you see the new Redmi Buds 3 Pro. You must be thinking [Which one should I get?] Well, the Redmi AirDots 3 Pro retails for 199 RMB (30 USD), while the Redmi Buds 3 Pro retails for 299 RMB (50 USD) on the Xiaomi official website but you should be able to find good deals via other platforms such as Lazada, Shopee, Qoo10, Amazon, Aliexpress

For the past two months, I have been testing both the AirDots 3 and Buds 3 Pro for the past two months as my daily driver. And I will share my personal opinions about both wireless earbuds and which one you should consider to get.

BASIC INFORMATION
  • According to Xiaomi Redmi AirDots series, the AirDots 3 is seen as their “base” model at 30 USD, while the AirDots 3 Pro, sits above the Earbuds. Therefore, it commands a slightly higher premium @ 50 USD and comes with Active Noise cancellation and other features.
  • Both are brand new 2021 Redmi AirDots products by Xiaomi. The AirDots 3 was released in Feb 2021. Shortly after that, Xiaomi released the AirDots 3 Pro in May 2021.
  • But both were China-only, which means that the UI is 100% in Chinese Language.
  • To satisfy the demands of international markets and non-Chinese users, Xiaomi acted quickly.
  • In July 2021, they rebranded AirDots 3 Pro as Buds 3 Pro for the international market.
  • In Sept 2021 they rebranded AirDots 3 as Earbuds 3 Pro for the India market and International market
  • The rebranded version comes with English Language menu.

PRICE
  • So if you are sensitive to Price, Go for AirDots 3 (Earbuds 3 Pro) which is at 30 USD

NOISE CANCELLATION
  • The AirDots 3 only has Passive Noise Cancellation due to its in-ear design.
  • The Pro addresses that. Xiaomi claims that the hybrid active noise cancellation or ANC tech within the Pro is able to reduce noises as deep as 35dB. The ANC tech also utilizes AI algorithm to judge the environment based on ambient noise level and usage habits and adjust the noise cancellation depth accordingly. So loud noises such as the train, the cars, the bus, the busy roads, will be under “Deep ANC”. Office/cafe chatters, keyboard, mouse clicks, noisy people in gyms, will be under “Balanced ANC”, while Libraries, parks, will be under “Light ANC”.
  • The Pro also boasts a Dual 'Transparency' mode. The regular Transparency mode comes in handy when cycling or jogging as it allows you to hear sound around you such as Car horns and Bicycle bells. Whereas the Enhanced Transparency mode, will enhance speech, voice and conversation, so that you can have a relaxed conversation with your friend with your earphones on.

So if you want to block out those noises, Go for Pro.


BATTERY LIFE
  • On my own testing, the AirDots 3 was able to last 7.5 hours @ 100% volume, while the Pro lasted 5 hours @ 100% volume with ANC on
  • You should be able to get more mileage with the Pro if you switch off ANC

If you want a pair of wireless earbuds which can last you through the office hours, go for AirDots 3.


DESIGN & FIT
  • Both the AirDots 3 and Pro have ear-tips which go slightly into your ear canal. The ear tip also allows you to add the silicon tip which not only gives you better fit & grip to your ear but it also provide better seal.
  • Both earbuds do not trap heat, so you should feel comfort and won’t suffer ear fatigue for all-day wearing.
  • The Pro also has tiny air vents to reduce that pressurised feeling within your ear canal that you often get from in-ear noise-cancelling headphones.

    The Pro edges out slightly on this part due to the air vents
WATERPROOF
  • Both are officially rated by Xiaomi to be IPX4 waterproof.
  • IPX4 means the earbuds can withstand light water splashes from all angles and directions. It also means that you don’t need to worry about sweat and light rain damaging the earbuds. but IPX4 only means that the Pro is WATER RESISTANT, not WATERPROOF.

This category is a tie


CONNECTIVITY
  • Both the AirDots 3 and Pro uses Bluetooth 5.2, quick pairing.
  • Both are primarily design to work seamlessly with Xiaomi proprietary devices.
  • Though it is important to take note that the Xiaomi in-house App, MI AI App only works with AirDots 3 and AirDots 3 Pro, which allow users access to more functions
  • If you wanna get the Redmi Earbuds 3 Pro or Redmi Buds 3 Pro, the MI AI App is not supported.
PS: Both also work with other Android Smartphones and Apple iPhone. Tested and proven by me :D


TOUCH CONTROLS
  • Both AirDots 3 and the Pro can be controlled via touch controls or voice assistants.
  • AirDots 3 touch controls are mainly only Double tap and very limited customization via the MI AI App.
  • The Pro has different controls like ANC modes, skip tracks, pause music and answer calls. It works without the App and it works just fine on iPhone.
  • The AirDots 3 Pro can also be customized further via MI AI App but not the Buds 3 Pro.

The Pro wins convincingly here (Kinda...)


SOUND QUALITY
  • The AirDots 3 uses Dual audio driver and supports Aptx Adaptive
  • While the Pro uses 9mm composite vibrating diaphragm coil but no Aptx.
  • Both AirDots 3 and the Pro have good clarity in vocals. But the vocals on the AirDots 3 are too front and centered, which kinda overpower the rest of the sound. Whereas on the Pro, the vocals are more controlled. Though in certain soundtracks, vocal was too tone-down.
  • The AirDots 3 do not have much bass, which means music generally will sound rather flat.
  • On the Pro, It doesn’t give you those crazy heavy bass but sufficiently good that your music doesn’t sound flat.
  • Instrumental and Classical music on the AirDots 3 sounds natural, though soundstage is lacking.
  • On the Pro, Instrumental and Classical music sounds slightly richer, fuller and more details. Overall sound is more polished and Sound stage is decent as well.
  • Listening to soundtracks with Aptx and without-Aptx on the AirDots 3, personally i don’t feel there’s any differences. Still, those of you who feel there are differences, do let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
  • The 9mm composite vibrating diaphragm coil use in the Pro certainly makes it up for the lack of Aptx.
  • When it comes to Gaming, Xiaomi advertise the AirDots 3 to have a sound latency of 86ms, while the Pro has a latency of 69ms.
  • Personally as a casual gamer, when I was playing Pubg Mobile, Apex legend, Fortnite, the sound effect latency is still pretty obvious. So, I won’t recommend either earbuds for gaming, even if you are a very casual gamer.

The AirDots 3 is suitable for podcasts or explanatory videos. So the Pro is the clear winner here.

TL;DR Final Verdict
  • Which is the Right one for you? AirDots 3 or the Pro?
  • Firstly, you should know both offer decent user experience, especially if you're already Xiaomi Smartphone user. But of course, users of other brands' smartphones are able to use either.
  • You also need to take into account the price difference.
  • You could save yourself 20 USD if you go for AirDots 3 and get much better battery life.
  • But, the Pro, being the first ANC wireless earbuds by Redmi, up the ante and justify their price tag with decent active noise-cancelling, greater functionalities, more futuristic design and better sound quality, staking their claim as the Best ANC wireless earbuds for under 50 USD.
  • If your budget allows it, opt for the Pro, but if you can only stretch to the AirDots 3, they'll still serve you well. And it will be a great upgrade from your aging AirDots S or AirDots 2.

And there you have it, this is my personal comparison of the AirDots 3 and the AirDots 3 Pro. I hope that my sharing has helped you. You may wish to share your experience with me down in the comment section below.

 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,725
Reaction score
20,157
My new wireless earbud 😍

597-D2-F75-9975-4516-8-C38-CBA5-C024-DDB2.jpg
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,725
Reaction score
20,157
Wow $459USD? Baller!

Look forward to your review.

No lah, it's Sing Dollars.

Now charging, let me listen for some days first.

Actually tested this and the Sony M4 thinking of trading my old bud for $50 but finally decided to get the Gemini.

I really love the Sony Platform and the ANC and the fit also but maybe I find Sony sound bassy, no matter what I listen, I can feel the bass is there. As what I know Sony is one that u either love or hate the sound.

So I asked Stereo to introduce the best bud more for enaged and clarify sound, budget not an issue and they introduce me Gemini.

First look, it's really a very premium luxurious product and I am not new to this brand as I do know they manufacture high end Class D Amplifier and also their phantom speaker. They are not cheap.

My first impression of the sound is it's accuracy, it's very natural sounding to my ear. The bass is more textured and punchy and the mid is crispy but as what I read the high is a bit bright at higher volume but I yet to listen more.
 

Advancer

Banned
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
4,909
Reaction score
1,329
Anyone bought the new soundpeats Air 3?
Just wondering if it will have the same connection issue like the trueair 2 where there is Bluetooth conflict with tracetogether app.
 

Gadgetfreakloh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
114
No lah, it's Sing Dollars.

Now charging, let me listen for some days first.

Actually tested this and the Sony M4 thinking of trading my old bud for $50 but finally decided to get the Gemini.

I really love the Sony Platform and the ANC and the fit also but maybe I find Sony sound bassy, no matter what I listen, I can feel the bass is there. As what I know Sony is one that u either love or hate the sound.

So I asked Stereo to introduce the best bud more for enaged and clarify sound, budget not an issue and they introduce me Gemini.

First look, it's really a very premium luxurious product and I am not new to this brand as I do know they manufacture high end Class D Amplifier and also their phantom speaker. They are not cheap.

My first impression of the sound is it's accuracy, it's very natural sounding to my ear. The bass is more textured and punchy and the mid is crispy but as what I read the high is a bit bright at higher volume but I yet to listen more.
Got this from Stereo too. Great sound, imo better than Sony. Will face disconnection to left bud when in places with big electronics devices. Battery life about 4hours due to firmware where they changed to master and slave configuration. I am happy with Germini as far as sound quality is concern. Also ANC is one of the best in the market.

Get this only for the sound quality IMHO. So far the best that I have tested.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,725
Reaction score
20,157
Got this from Stereo too. Great sound, imo better than Sony. Will face disconnection to left bud when in places with big electronics devices. Battery life about 4hours due to firmware where they changed to master and slave configuration. I am happy with Germini as far as sound quality is concern. Also ANC is one of the best in the market.

Get this only for the sound quality IMHO. So far the best that I have tested.

I think I shared the same view as you.

Yup, the signal will be dropped off on the left bud once in a while when you are in area with lot of receptions around. I also don't quite understand why the right bud battery level is always lower than the left bud. My guess is maybe the right bud is the master bud which take in more battery.

Sound wise would be fantastic if I can get a better seal, maybe changing to a better ear tip ?

I find that the hissing high is quite prominent on higher volume on certain setting or maybe I should say the serpents ( spelling correct or not ).

Bass as what I mentioned is with good texture, slam and punchy. I think the bass is one of the best which I had heard so far and surprised that with such a small bud can really gave such good lows.

The mid is crystal clear and it will enaged u to the music not to the extent of bright.

The high is also good but then I notice hearing a bit of piercing under higher volume on certain music setting 🤔

Overall I love the sound quality and hopefully they will improve the sound quality and also better platform in their later firmware updates.

If only can have a seal like my custom iem will be perfect not saying that the ANC is not good, it's worked well but would be even better if the seal is perfect 😀. I think Sony seal is much better probably because of the design but it's much bigger.

Actually I preferred the way how the charging case opened as to the conventional type of opening because I encountered a few times the buds dropped out of the case on my previous Naurl NT01 when I kept in my small bag and the build from one look is very very nice and premium design.
 

Gadgetfreakloh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
114
I think I shared the same view as you.

Yup, the signal will be dropped off on the left bud once in a while when you are in area with lot of receptions around. I also don't quite understand why the right bud battery level is always lower than the left bud. My guess is maybe the right bud is the master bud which take in more battery.

Sound wise would be fantastic if I can get a better seal, maybe changing to a better ear tip ?

I find that the hissing high is quite prominent on higher volume on certain setting or maybe I should say the serpents ( spelling correct or not ).

Bass as what I mentioned is with good texture, slam and punchy. I think the bass is one of the best which I had heard so far and surprised that with such a small bud can really gave such good lows.

The mid is crystal clear and it will enaged u to the music not to the extent of bright.

The high is also good but then I notice hearing a bit of piercing under higher volume on certain music setting 🤔

Overall I love the sound quality and hopefully they will improve the sound quality and also better platform in their later firmware updates.

If only can have a seal like my custom iem will be perfect not saying that the ANC is not good, it's worked well but would be even better if the seal is perfect 😀. I think Sony seal is much better probably because of the design but it's much bigger.

Actually I preferred the way how the charging case opened as to the conventional type of opening because I encountered a few times the buds dropped out of the case on my previous Naurl NT01 when I kept in my small bag and the build from one look is very very nice and premium design.
Get the Final Audio E type for true wireless. Get the black one as it will damp the highs more. However my set already ran in so the highs are already meadow.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,725
Reaction score
20,157
Get the Final Audio E type for true wireless. Get the black one as it will damp the highs more. However my set already ran in so the highs are already meadow.
Will take a look.

Stereo recommend me comply one. I saw
Final Audio E type also selling in Stereo.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top