Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
I hope you alternate your shoes everyday.

For my GYW shoes, broken in would mean the leather is no longer stiff, not causing me to break out in horrible blisters and the sole has moulded slightly to my feet.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

I see, thanks for the info! :D

Currently no blisters, but just feel rather hard on the feet.

No other "nice" dress shoes to alternate since I got this pair, but probably considering to purchase a pair of brown ones in a few months time I guess.

But I do have shoe trees, and will be doing weekly maintenance.
 

benz1987

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2013
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Tan Shoes

Just like to check with bros what shoe polish would you all recommend for tan shoes? Saphir? Just got my first pair of tan shoes, have always been going with the conservative black :) Thanks!
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Just like to check with bros what shoe polish would you all recommend for tan shoes? Saphir? Just got my first pair of tan shoes, have always been going with the conservative black :) Thanks!

To be honest, there are not that many brands around (in physically stores), to my knowledge. Saphir is by far the most well known n accessible, kiwi in colours other than black n dark brown are hard to come by, edetal carries collonil and there is a brand burgol (incorrect spelling) carried by skoak.

TLDR: get saphir
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Just like to check with bros what shoe polish would you all recommend for tan shoes? Saphir? Just got my first pair of tan shoes, have always been going with the conservative black :) Thanks!
Yeah saphir works. I got them from the llyr store in suntec in medium brown I think for my tan shoes.there was another shade of tan brown but it was a tad too light for me. Best is to wear your shoes there when you are picking up the cream then you can make a more accurate decision, well that's what I did anyway :)

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
789
Have you guys tried blending/mixing creams? Like 3 parts light brown, 1 part mid brown to come up with Smth in between that may match your shoe color?

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

not exactly blending but i cream/wax 2 coats of mahogany and finish off with 1 coat of black for oxblood.

For Black pairs I finish off with a top coat of Navy wax once in a while
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
not exactly blending but i cream/wax 2 coats of mahogany and finish off with 1 coat of black for oxblood.

For Black pairs I finish off with a top coat of Navy wax once in a while
Interesting, would a Burgundy cream match more similar to oxblood? And also what's the reason for finishing off with Navy wax for black shoes? Thanks in advance!

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

benz1987

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2013
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Thanks all for your inputs :)

To be honest, there are not that many brands around (in physically stores), to my knowledge. Saphir is by far the most well known n accessible, kiwi in colours other than black n dark brown are hard to come by, edetal carries collonil and there is a brand burgol (incorrect spelling) carried by skoak.

TLDR: get saphir

Interesting, would a Burgundy cream match more similar to oxblood? And also what's the reason for finishing off with Navy wax for black shoes? Thanks in advance!

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

Yeah saphir works. I got them from the llyr store in suntec in medium brown I think for my tan shoes.there was another shade of tan brown but it was a tad too light for me. Best is to wear your shoes there when you are picking up the cream then you can make a more accurate decision, well that's what I did anyway :)

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top