Not sure if they did their market research or took any protection measures e.g. getting a "no-export to Singapore" order before bringing in the brand.
I think they can only blame themselves for the situation, given that the online order channels and prices were well-established way before they set up shop here.
Some of you are probably aware that there was a recent no-export order for Loake to certain countries including Hong Kong, effective November. Let's hope this won't happen in Singapore (for Loake or Carmina).
I can empathise.
Not easy to get territorial rights unless you commit to a large target or you meet the supplier's MOQ. I think they had good intentions, they really need to look into their price structure. Some shoes are priced 100% above MSRP.
One way to circumvent the direct-ordering issue would be to offer a "web-to-store" delivery option for Carmina e-store; but this approach really hinges on whether Carmina is willing to share a % of the online sales for Singapore with Vivek(I think that's his name?) A more compelling argument for the local distro would be to handle the logistics for all Singapore e-store orders, but once again this would be made easier if the distro already has a proven track record with fulfillment/logistics/distribution; which they do not.
Finally, I think it would be helpful if the proprietors reached out to the local community a little, organise some events, get a few GMTOs(unique stuff, not the vanilla crap another local stockist has) running.