Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
Thanks! Seems like they are only avail in Inca last. I am leaning towards calf as the price is significantly lower, and it seems like cordovan is too warm for warm climate like singapore. anyone has experience with cordovan shoes?

carmina seems a lot sleeker than vass. not sure if it makes sense to go for vass than carmina

Let me tempt you... Vass blue museum calf in U last :deg:
There are other sleeker lasts for Vass but you gotto try and see whether your feet is suitable?

ZSHqqmD.jpg


cP88kJ0.jpg
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
799
Wah 22 Oz raw jeans! I think my thickest only 15-16 Oz, how much difference in real sg weather does it feel ah? Haha!

Sent from Workday using GAGT

Like Armour :s13: :s13: :s13:

Wears ok imo. Its really really comfy once broken in. Unless outdoors for a very long period in the blazing sun then not much of a difference. Not that I'll recommend it for hiking here though

But the feeling of heavyweight, quite hard to go back to normal denim afterwards. Feels like wearing tissue paper
 

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
18oz I already wanna cry. I was wearing the nudie 18oz one..in Europe for few.months OK..come back SG. I wanna cry.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Like Armour :s13: :s13: :s13:

Wears ok imo. Its really really comfy once broken in. Unless outdoors for a very long period in the blazing sun then not much of a difference. Not that I'll recommend it for hiking here though

But the feeling of heavyweight, quite hard to go back to normal denim afterwards. Feels like wearing tissue paper

I sure will be outdoor for long period if I'm doing photoshoots lol!
I remember the first few wears whenever I buy a new raw jeans, can't even squad properly to get angle shots.

But still 22oz seems very challenging, btw what brand and model is that jeans?

18oz I already wanna cry. I was wearing the nudie 18oz one..in Europe for few.months OK..come back SG. I wanna cry.

Which model is the 18oz one?
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
Who told you this?

What a load of bollocks! I wear Cordovan boots here all the time :s13:

But then again I also wear 22oz denim in our local weather, so YMMV.

styleforum. i definitely can't wear 22oz denim in singapore :)

Let me tempt you... Vass blue museum calf in U last :deg:
There are other sleeker lasts for Vass but you gotto try and see whether your feet is suitable?

ZSHqqmD.jpg


cP88kJ0.jpg

looks good. is this custom?




I am also looking at another brand - yanko. seems to have pretty good reviews on styleforum, and apparently "better" than meermins. Anyone tried them before?
 

stormcontrol

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Heard of yanko. Apparently it's between meermin LM and carmina quality which is pretty sweet. Have not tried yet but I think you can get from skolyx or something

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

The other 2 places are patine.pl and shoeparadis. Been toying with the idea of getting a pair of burgundy dbl monks from them since feb. But this festive season is already burning a big hole in my pocket :(
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Just wack with year end bonus Haha. Actually their pricing is not too bad I think slightly below 400 sgd (283 usd after shipping to sg) after the removal of vat. But the thing is even on sf the yanko thread isn't really moving so getting the correct size will involve alot of guesswork and luck

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 
Last edited:

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
799
But still 22oz seems very challenging, btw what brand and model is that jeans?

N&F elephant 4. Overdyed indigo + black weft makes them super versatile even for business casual, since you can cuff and not have the lighter underside of typical white wefts showing! :s12:

Got em cheaper at TDS then even what Blue Owl was selling cause Sinkie dont really wear overweight stuff then they cannot sell :s13:

Before that was in IH666
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
799
But the thing is even on sf the yanko thread isn't really moving so getting the correct size will involve alot of guesswork and luck

Ah Yanko, the grand-daddy of Carmina/Meermin before the family schism

But they seem more popular for their crust calf options for patina
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
N&F elephant 4. Overdyed indigo + black weft makes them super versatile even for business casual, since you can cuff and not have the lighter underside of typical white wefts showing! :s12:

Got em cheaper at TDS then even what Blue Owl was selling cause Sinkie dont really wear overweight stuff then they cannot sell :s13:

Before that was in IH666
So how much you got it?

TDS = ?

Paiseh ah noob here, I only got a few pairs of raw jeans in my life only. Haha!

Sent from Workday using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
799
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top