Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Meccariellos arrived. Crappy room lighting. But these shoes look so goddamn good. Can tell I'll need plasters on the heel during the break in process but otherwise fits great. Very glad I sized up 0.5.

I do think the leather on the Enzos is just a bit more supple and comfy out of the box tho.

However! There's this tiny dent in the captoe. Otherwise a damn lovely pair of shoes.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

May this be the start of a long and enjoyable journey of shoes.
You have certainly got off on the right foot.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
How much is a pair of carmina now? Im currently in Paris....just passby carmina shop....wondering if i should get a pair here....lol

You may want to opt for the instant VAT cash back rather than wait for the airport dropoff envelope method.
I did not get my VAT refunded on my pair. You get a smaller VAT refund if you opt for immediate on spot refund, but at least you are sure to have received it.
 

terras14

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
r6vdAztl.jpg

Hf2Vf9Il.jpg



Meccariellos arrived. Crappy room lighting. But these shoes look so goddamn good. Can tell I'll need plasters on the heel during the break in process but otherwise fits great. Very glad I sized up 0.5.

I do think the leather on the Enzos is just a bit more supple and comfy out of the box tho.

However! There's this tiny dent in the captoe. Otherwise a damn lovely pair of shoes.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT


May I ask what last is this in?
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
600s is euro or sgd? is that the price they are selling in SG?

In sg is slightly over 600sgd for the "regular" models.

U convert yourself and compare the price to see if it's worth buying there?
 

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2000
Messages
5,987
Reaction score
307
In sg is slightly over 600sgd for the "regular" models.

U convert yourself and compare the price to see if it's worth buying there?
Bought the regular model at 395eur and that shop can do 20% tax refund.... Amazing
 

VaNs

Master Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
4,652
Reaction score
25
Hi guys, I'm looking at getting my first pair of Goodyear welt shoes for work. I have been looking at et et al, RTW options. Will it be a good choice for my first pair? Budget around $350
 

WakeUpDead

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm looking at getting my first pair of Goodyear welt shoes for work. I have been looking at et et al, RTW options. Will it be a good choice for my first pair? Budget around $350

A pair from Meermin will set you back roughly $280-ish.

I know a couple of members here will think that you'd be better off getting sth else, but my experience with their shoes has been rather satisfactory so far.

If you want sth more than just satisfactory, then up your budget to 430 and get a pair of Yankos! :s22:
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
A pair from Meermin will set you back roughly $280-ish.

I know a couple of members here will think that you'd be better off getting sth else, but my experience with their shoes has been rather satisfactory so far.

If you want sth more than just satisfactory, then up your budget to 430 and get a pair of Yankos! :s22:
Assuming being able to try on for the first pair is a consideration, I 2nd the Yankos!

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
TM bro, is the GMTO on Skoak for the split toe bolet calf yours?

Nope that one is not mine.
It's a nice make up though.
I've always felt that Bolet has a lot of character.
I'm not sure how many more pairs I can be making. GF has started to make a little noise. Lol.
 
Last edited:

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Sharing some photos of my newly arrive Txture Warhorse Boots in Oxblood colour.

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/L7r6B

CbazEtn.jpg


uhzCGRG.jpg


nzsAJRG.jpg


h6n4vIY.jpg


PCf7HTZ.jpg


TrozFBT.jpg


16F19VG.jpg


wJ2687D.jpg


Full specs:
Txture Warhorse Boots
Leather: Oxblood
Size: US 8.5D
Eyelets: 8 Solid Brass
Cap: Plain toe
Lining: Fully Lined Lambskin
Tongue: Gusseted
Shoelast: Budokan
Construction: Veldtschoen
Edge Trim: Brown Tea
Outsole: Dainite Sole
Heels: Regular
Price: $155 USD + $31 USD (shipping to Singapore)

Initial Impression: Feels and looks good. Colour is what I expected, leather feels soft and thick enough (a bit thinner than Red Wing Moc Toe 875, but I might be wrong as it is hand gauge). Insole has some cushioning and rather comfortable comparing to RW 875 which is just a plain old hard leather insole.

Size: Feels rather similar to RW 875, as I wear the same size of US 8.5D on RW875.

Customer Service: Super poor, if you are lucky they might reply you in a day, or it will take a week or two even with constant follow up emails asking for updates. It is the same even after you have paid them. You have to experience this yourself to understand what I went though. They really need to strengthen this part, as they have good shoes/boots at a great price, it will be a waste if people decided to give up on them due to their super slow response/order mistakes.

Note: I was sent a wrong pair of boots the first time round, informed them about it and I sent it back to ask them for the correct MTO boots. They did refund me my return shipping as it their fault on their end. Unfortunately my MTO boots didn't get in time for my wedding...

Conclusion: Super value boots, but prepare to deal with the poor unresponsive customer service, and pray you don't receive a wrong pair of boots.
 
Last edited:

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,043
Reaction score
3,691
Viccel socks at 30% off till 15 Sep. Buy 10 get 1 free.
Hi Daniel,

How thick is the summer weight socks?

Is it comparable with uniqlo or hush puppies socks? Don't like thick socks as it makes my palm sweat like mad

Thanks
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Hi Daniel,

How thick is the summer weight socks?

Is it comparable with uniqlo or hush puppies socks? Don't like thick socks as it makes my palm sweat like mad

Thanks

Erm.. What has thick socks gotta do with your palms? Lol
Feet you mean?

Anyways, it's definitely thinner than Uniqlo socks for summer weight. Translucent in some angles but not that bad.
I prefer winter weight. But that's me.
In my experience, your feet will still be sweaty when the weather is hot.
Back to Army times dude. Sprinkle some powder into your feet and in between your toes before socks on. Not in your shoes.
It'll help.
But too much powder and it'll clump up in your socks end of the day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top