Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Not able to. On a closer look, it's quite a deep cut.


Where's the scratch? I only noticed the mirror shine!

Look at my left toe cap at the tip. 2 horizontal likes.

Just scratched my shoes again when closing the fridge door... Grrr
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2

clokwerk0

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
922
Reaction score
6
Hi gents,

Appreciate answers to my questions regarding orders from Robinson's Shoes.

For the free shipping option offered, do they provide tracking number (Royal Mail)?

So far I've only received an email from Robinsons with only a shipment number, sent a week ago. I've logged-in to my account on their webstore, trying to look up for the shipment number & tracking number (if any), but can't seem to be able to find what I'm looking for.

My first order through Robinsons, thought i asked my question here before sending them an email.

Ordered from Pediwear and Herrings before, and both times, I was furnished with tracking numbers (ParcelForce & DHL) via emails. Albeit paid shipping option.

Thank you.
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Hi gents,

Appreciate answers to my questions regarding orders from Robinson's Shoes.

For the free shipping option offered, do they provide tracking number (Royal Mail)?

So far I've only received an email from Robinsons with only a shipment number, sent a week ago. I've logged-in to my account on their webstore, trying to look up for the shipment number & tracking number (if any), but can't seem to be able to find what I'm looking for.

My first order through Robinsons, thought i asked my question here before sending them an email.

Ordered from Pediwear and Herrings before, and both times, I was furnished with tracking numbers (ParcelForce & DHL) via emails. Albeit paid shipping option.

Thank you.
Free shipping no tracking..
 

PlainBlackTee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,870
Reaction score
0
Hi gents,

Appreciate answers to my questions regarding orders from Robinson's Shoes.

For the free shipping option offered, do they provide tracking number (Royal Mail)?

So far I've only received an email from Robinsons with only a shipment number, sent a week ago. I've logged-in to my account on their webstore, trying to look up for the shipment number & tracking number (if any), but can't seem to be able to find what I'm looking for.

My first order through Robinsons, thought i asked my question here before sending them an email.

Ordered from Pediwear and Herrings before, and both times, I was furnished with tracking numbers (ParcelForce & DHL) via emails. Albeit paid shipping option.

Thank you.

I got free shipping with tracking number (royal mail). But i only got the tracking number from the CS after i emailed them because my order status is shown as processing for a week.
 

PlainBlackTee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,870
Reaction score
0
Need advice from expert here regarding shoe care as i just got my first pair of full grain leather shoes.

After some reading up, I'm buying horsehair brush, applicator brush, saphir renovator, saphir cream polish. Is wax polish necessary? Any other things that i need?

Also I'm intending to buy from http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/ is there other cheaper alternative?
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Need advice from expert here regarding shoe care as i just got my first pair of full grain leather shoes.

After some reading up, I'm buying horsehair brush, applicator brush, saphir renovator, saphir cream polish. Is wax polish necessary? Any other things that i need?

Also I'm intending to buy from http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/ is there other cheaper alternative?

Upkeep? -> no need
Shine? -> you will need the wax.
 

oldany

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hey hi im new here

hey hi im from Buenos Aires and have a meeting next week,in SG, I lost my dress shoes, so I know there a carmina shop ?, have affordable prices like Spain? or if any have a good pair of shoes to sale much appreciated ( wear normally 8 o 8.5 uk ) thanks to all
best
Hernan
PS : please feel free to contact me !
 
Last edited:

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Too long... Hahaha
From my limited experience and skills, it usually takes about 5 to 10 coats of wax to get a decent shine. Then another 10 coats or so to get a deep shine on the toe cap,depending on how well the leather takes in the wax.

I attempted a few mirror shines in the past (newbie skills), but took me close to 1.5-2 hours on a pair. Now I just do 1 cream 1 wax coat only. If I'm feeling like it will do a few coats of minor mirror shine on toe cap.

But yours looks super awesome on the overall of the shoes, not just toe cap only. (Y)
 

zhane

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,265
Reaction score
1
If your office chair is a swivel chair with rollers at the bottom of each leg, you can rest the heel of each shoe on the edges of 2 adjacent legs.

always do that
but when roll around or stand up, the heel of the shoe will accidentally scuff against the legs.

heart pain~
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
I attempted a few mirror shines in the past (newbie skills), but took me close to 1.5-2 hours on a pair. Now I just do 1 cream 1 wax coat only. If I'm feeling like it will do a few coats of minor mirror shine on toe cap.

But yours looks super awesome on the overall of the shoes, not just toe cap only. (Y)

Thanks. It's really more of a cumulative of multiple sessions that I got to this stage. I don't have the patience to do it all in 1 sitting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top