Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
The oxblood hatch looks amazing! I'm undecided on this. Don't know if I want a Chelsea tho I don't have one at the moment. Can keep me updated on this? I would prefer leather with or without topy. But this really looks amazing.

If you don't have one then you should try it out. Its a really nice pair to have for almost any occasion really. Plus point in that it's gonna be in brown (or a shade of it) so its easy to match. I like the oxblood hatch.
On the 804 last, it will look fantastic.

My previous Chelsea boots from EB were great but my wallet is still reeling for recent purchases so I'm still in consideration mode at the moment.... haha.
 

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
If you don't have one then you should try it out. Its a really nice pair to have for almost any occasion really. Plus point in that it's gonna be in brown (or a shade of it) so its easy to match. I like the oxblood hatch.
On the 804 last, it will look fantastic.

My previous Chelsea boots from EB were great but my wallet is still reeling for recent purchases so I'm still in consideration mode at the moment.... haha.

Ya the oxblood hatch is really tempting. And I've been thinking about either a Chelsea or lazyman. Like you my wallet is still hurting. Maybe 2017 shoe budget? Haha I will take time to think. And save.
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
The oxblood hatch looks amazing! I'm undecided on this. Don't know if I want a Chelsea tho I don't have one at the moment. Can keep me updated on this? I would prefer leather with or without topy. But this really looks amazing.

Of course. Am suggesting millerighe sole because I thought this would make a nice rain wear :)

If you don't have one then you should try it out. Its a really nice pair to have for almost any occasion really. Plus point in that it's gonna be in brown (or a shade of it) so its easy to match. I like the oxblood hatch.
On the 804 last, it will look fantastic.

My previous Chelsea boots from EB were great but my wallet is still reeling for recent purchases so I'm still in consideration mode at the moment.... haha.

No rush. Maybe we wait till nearer thanksgiving. May have some sales :) alternatively if we want to save costs we can go for lama or inca calf. But I feel hatchgrain is more sleek. The look I have in mind in terms of a sleek boot but can be used in the rain is as below. Not sure when else I would wear it in singapore :) But that one about twice the price...

@thundermarch - not interested at all?

LL



tumblr_odcc5eYSAp1rwub8vo1_1280.jpg
 
Last edited:

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
@thundermarch - not interested at all?

I mean, it's a tempting make-up, really.
But I've already got 2 chelsea boots, and a ton of other things I've committed to...
I think I have to pass unless someone buys my carmina chelsea boots off me.
From now on, I think I only buy if I sell first.
Sigh....
 
Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
No love for button shoes gmto.. Sigh

The oxfords n chelseas look promising, just that i already have something similar (by my liberal standards) for each design!
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
I mean, it's a tempting make-up, really.
But I've already got 2 chelsea boots, and a ton of other things I've committed to...
I think I have to pass unless someone buys my carmina chelsea boots off me.
From now on, I think I only buy if I sell first.
Sigh....

Let's see.. :)
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Of course. Am suggesting millerighe sole because I thought this would make a nice rain wear :)



No rush. Maybe we wait till nearer thanksgiving. May have some sales :) alternatively if we want to save costs we can go for lama or inca calf. But I feel hatchgrain is more sleek. The look I have in mind in terms of a sleek boot but can be used in the rain is as below. Not sure when else I would wear it in singapore :) But that one about twice the price...

@thundermarch - not interested at all?

LL



tumblr_odcc5eYSAp1rwub8vo1_1280.jpg

the second pair looks nice... sienna hatch?
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
A word about hatch grain.
In particular, the sienna hatch grain. For those who are interested in the boot make-up.
Some time ago, on the thread of a prominent (and also overpriced and not great) maker, there was a big hoo-ha with regards to there being "issues" with the finish of sienna hatch grain giving problems and "coming off".
In actual fact, the issue isn't exactly with the finish per se. Hatch grain leather actually behaves somewhat like a pullup leather. It is hot stuffed, and at areas of flexion and creasing, some of these oils may rise to the surface and cause lightening of the areas affected, so it looks as if there is an issue with the finish. The "problem" can be rectified with a round of cream and buffing.
Curiously enough, this phenomenon seems to only occur with the sienna hatch grain. Don't ask me why.
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
the second pair looks nice... sienna hatch?

Both pairs are G&G burnhams. Cited them for the desired look :) first is rioja hatch and second is chestnut hatch. If I read correctly (this is dated 2013-4), G&G strips the horween hatch of the colour and recolours them in house. So it's technically not sienna, though I imagine it would look close, notwithstanding the issues thundermatch mentioned.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
A word about hatch grain.
In particular, the sienna hatch grain. For those who are interested in the boot make-up.
Some time ago, on the thread of a prominent (and also overpriced and not great) maker, there was a big hoo-ha with regards to there being "issues" with the finish of sienna hatch grain giving problems and "coming off".
In actual fact, the issue isn't exactly with the finish per se. Hatch grain leather actually behaves somewhat like a pullup leather. It is hot stuffed, and at areas of flexion and creasing, some of these oils may rise to the surface and cause lightening of the areas affected, so it looks as if there is an issue with the finish. The "problem" can be rectified with a round of cream and buffing.
Curiously enough, this phenomenon seems to only occur with the sienna hatch grain. Don't ask me why.

So it's probably better to go with oxblood I guess.
 

zhane

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,265
Reaction score
1
do you all get scuffs on ur shoes due to the legs of office chairs? See liao heart pain

if yes, how to prevent ah?
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
do you all get scuffs on ur shoes due to the legs of office chairs? See liao heart pain

if yes, how to prevent ah?

If your office chair is a swivel chair with rollers at the bottom of each leg, you can rest the heel of each shoe on the edges of 2 adjacent legs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top