Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbb80

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
Didnt realize they are on sale that often. Any other sites other than Skoa you have tried and can recommend? Will be keeping my eye out for sales.
 

terras14

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Got a pairnof shoe from Sabot by AM aeris line. I realised when I am wearing the shoe and both feet flat on the ground, the right shoe seems to have something protruding from the heel such that The shoe can move up and down like tapping the ground. Is this a issue with quality or common? I have quite a number of gyw shoes but this is quite apparent from my first wear. Today is second wear. Any advise, thanks
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Got a pairnof shoe from Sabot by AM aeris line. I realised when I am wearing the shoe and both feet flat on the ground, the right shoe seems to have something protruding from the heel such that The shoe can move up and down like tapping the ground. Is this a issue with quality or common? I have quite a number of gyw shoes but this is quite apparent from my first wear. Today is second wear. Any advise, thanks

What do you normally wear and what are the AM size and last?

I think yours is too big
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Carmina outlet stock has been replenished online.

Does anyone know where I could go to purchase natural crust leather shoes?
 

SkyScraper

Master Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
4,405
Reaction score
80
I wanna buy my first pair of working shoe, do you all think the ed at el's MTO would be good?
 

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
6,178
Reaction score
265
anyone keen on a brand new pair of Carmina austerity brouges brown in uk7.5? simpson last, fits true to size. let go at cost once it arrives..
 
Last edited:

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
I happen to have a pair of brown (marron) austerity brogues from Yanko to let go. UK6, 962 last. Sole has topy added.

If anyone is keen, can pm me!
 
Last edited:

wrinklednails

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2017
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Anyone here has experience in sending GYW/handwelted shoes to be re-welted (not just re-soled)?

Care to share details including the following:
- Shoe make
- Send to cobbler or back to original shoe maker or third party shoe maker
- Cost of re-welting
- Logistics costs (shipping fees)
- Total time taken from sending out shoes to receiving shoes back

Thanks!
 

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
6,178
Reaction score
265
Anyone here has experience in sending GYW/handwelted shoes to be re-welted (not just re-soled)?

Care to share details including the following:
- Shoe make
- Send to cobbler or back to original shoe maker or third party shoe maker
- Cost of re-welting
- Logistics costs (shipping fees)
- Total time taken from sending out shoes to receiving shoes back

Thanks!
it is absolute irony, we buy such shoes because they can be resoled but typically the cost and effort would nudge you towards buying new shoes instead.

it depends on your shoe manufacturer.. allen edmonds for example has an excellent and fairly priced program, that is, if you lived within the US.. else you can just get it done at decent local cobblers.. yet to do so so i dont know any but you could start there.
 

completenovice

Junior Member
Joined
May 18, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Took these instead of the regular running shoes for holidays. 3 full days of walking and the condition of the shoes came out better than expected. Toes a bit sore on the side.
Style over comfort :)

U6z6vdK.jpg

Wiz, care to share more about the shoes? Last, type of suede etc ......... thanks!
 

completenovice

Junior Member
Joined
May 18, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
I happen to have a pair of brown (marron) austerity brogues from Yanko to let go. UK6, 962 last. Sole has topy added.

If anyone is keen, can pm me!

Arcfire,

Unfortunately not my size. You should probably post pictures, they might sell faster:)

Completenovice
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Arcfire,

Unfortunately not my size. You should probably post pictures, they might sell faster:)

Completenovice

Well, here's a shot of it, if anyone is actually keen.

umH5GJc.jpg


FYI, if you've missed what this was about. I'm selling this pair in UK6, 962 last from Yanko!
 

jnpy3093

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
anyone keen on a brand new pair of Carmina austerity brouges brown in uk7.5? simpson last, fits true to size. let go at cost once it arrives..
Hi I'm interested but will need to try them first as I'm not sure I'll fit since Simpson is a narrow last.

Also how much are you selling them for?
 

completenovice

Junior Member
Joined
May 18, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Well, here's a shot of it, if anyone is actually keen.

umH5GJc.jpg


FYI, if you've missed what this was about. I'm selling this pair in UK6, 962 last from Yanko!

Boosting your post a bit .......

Good stuff, great shots of very nice shoes! I am sure someone very lucky will pick them up.

You know what might help? A short review:)
 

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
6,178
Reaction score
265
Hi I'm interested but will need to try them first as I'm not sure I'll fit since Simpson is a narrow last.

Also how much are you selling them for?

unfortunately, these are brand new and still pristine (havent taken out the box) so what i'd suggest is you could pop by capitol mall's carmina outlet to give the simpson 7.5 a shot (its not super duper snug).

I've rain lasts, forest lasts, robert lasts, simpsons last.. all in 7.5.. im a 7.5 u.k.. more like 7.4 but i use orthopedic insoles anyway so its all good bro. im not selling them because they dont fit, but because ive way way too many carminas for my own good lol.
 

completenovice

Junior Member
Joined
May 18, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Hi, these are Yanko 915 last,
Softy/976 York sole, Quarter Brogue in Taupe calf suede.

The 915 last is lovely, I have 2 pairs so far

Totally agree, I like that last too.

I know you mentioned Antonio Meccariello the other day. What else do you have in your shoe wardrobe Wiz?
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
L
Well, here's a shot of it, if anyone is actually keen.

umH5GJc.jpg


FYI, if you've missed what this was about. I'm selling this pair in UK6, 962 last from Yanko!

Very nice pair. How is the 962 last compared to 912?
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Totally agree, I like that last too.

I know you mentioned Antonio Meccariello the other day. What else do you have in your shoe wardrobe Wiz?

In my small humble collection, I have LLYRs, Yankos, Corno Blu, Enzo Bonafés and Antonio Meccariellos
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top