Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
There is a time and place for glued-on sneakers too.
No reason to write them off completely.

Yes they have their uses, as casual use and toss (albeit high performance) disposables. Synthetic footwear come fresh from the factory with a ticking clock.

Anyone who expects their synthetic shoes to keep on lasting and lasting would be sorely disappointed due to their built in EoL cycles. Gotta be realistic.

This is a good read
http://www.wired.com/2015/05/sneakers/

And at the end of the day, cemented stuff gets repaired with cement. Even cobblers use the epoxy I mentioned lol
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Yes they have their uses, as casual use and toss (albeit high performance) disposables. Synthetic footwear come fresh from the factory with a ticking clock.

Anyone who expects their synthetic shoes to keep on lasting and lasting would be sorely disappointed due to their built in EoL cycles. Gotta be realistic.

This is a good read
http://www.wired.com/2015/05/sneakers/

And at the end of the day, cemented stuff gets repaired with cement. Even cobblers use the epoxy I mentioned lol

Need more evangelists lah. Before I started reading this forum and didn't have much money, I operated under the assumption that I could make my sneakers last for years too. =C
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
Don't say like that lah!

I have a sneaker obsession. These are the white ones I have, which I wear most often.

Santoni, Feit, Buttero from left to right.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Don't wear sneakers lah. Time to upgrade to proper shoes. These days I don't wear shoes unless they're made of leather.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

U mentioned in an earlier post that u are not that old.. assuming u are a fit Singaporean, hope u're not taking your IPPT in ed et als or carminas. :D:D

Perhaps leather sneakers, like CBS? Altho I don't think he uses those sneakers for gym or running (2.4km in 8min50sec)
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
No wonder you sweep finish all my shoe trees...
I love rubber soled shoes as much as leather soled ones!


Yeah.. i do try to word my posts carefully, especially when a few posts before mine showcased the likes of santoni and buttero :D
The Feit's are actually the most costly out of the trio. Don't ignore them and hurt their feelings...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top