Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
my concern was more about comfort, because i found the GYW leather sole is thin, flat, hard and cushion-less comparing to rubber sole. felt like bare foot walking on pavement. wondering if i add a thick insole to inside the shoes to add a bit comfort. but in that case i gotta upsize from UK 7 to 7.5.

The bata insole is quite ok but about at least 3mm thick:

1a75.jpg


the first thought after i walked a few steps was...are these shoes made for walking? hehe

then again i guess it's just matter of getting used to it...
I think it should be a matter of breaking in the shoes. Because GYW shoes don't have a cushiony sole like sports shoes. I've had to use Hush Puppies recently which are incredibly light and cushiony but compared to my GYW shoes I felt like I wasn't getting good support.

Pull the trigger and take a risk! =D
I think the instep might be too high for arcfire. That's my experience with most EEA lasts.
Ah, we have different problems then. I used to have pretty bad blisters on my left instep area while breaking them in.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Your post intrigues me as I'm a 45 in EEA!

Have you tried sending them back for stretching? My EEA's had the same issue that yiu described in addition to being too narrow. It took me nearly 3 months of consistent wear (3 days/week) before they felt right.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

I have. And this is after it was done with stretching.

I am normally a UK9 (43) actually. And the 44 when Ed's had them in store for me to try was ok. This was an indent order which i received later.

My other pair of Ed's was a wholecut also in 44. Last time i will get any Ed's shoes. Too low an instep for me.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
I have. And this is after it was done with stretching.

I am normally a UK9 (43) actually. And the 44 when Ed's had them in store for me to try was ok. This was an indent order which i received later.

My other pair of Ed's was a wholecut also in 44. Last time i will get any Ed's shoes. Too low an instep for me.
That sounds like a carbon copy of my experience! My fitting shoes were ok as well, not so much actual ones.. The fact that they don't stock larger than UK8.5 is a pain.

Loake 1880s are priced comparably and arrive from the UK in under a week. Enough to turn me off EEA.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
I think the instep might be too high for arcfire. That's my experience with most EEA lasts.

Eh.....? How did I get into to picture here...

It's actually the opposite. EEA's insteps are slightly low for me. The best fit I have from them was their blake stitched single monks.

Vass F last is also great for my feet....
 

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
Eh.....? How did I get into to picture here...

It's actually the opposite. EEA's insteps are slightly low for me. The best fit I have from them was their blake stitched single monks.


Vass F last is also great for my feet....

Eh sorry, I meant urban! I guess the instep is too low for him too,which makes me the odd one out.
 

bruccancer

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Deciding between a cognac calf full brogue or tan double monk strap from Carmina. Which do you guys think is more versatile?
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
Deciding between a cognac calf full brogue or tan double monk strap from Carmina. Which do you guys think is more versatile?

Darker tones are more versatile so cognac. buckles can be too flashy for some outfits so the brogue.

If closed lacing (oxfords) + another point
 

jacopastorius

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
hi wonder if anyone can help, i intend to order carmina over the webstore, is their house brand cream and waxes gd? Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top