Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
I'm a UK 9 for Loake Capital Last and Meermin Hiro Last.

11cm width. LLYR is a no go only double EE for me.

But for EEA, I'm a UK 8.5 for their City Hall model.
A cap toe oxford. Width is fine for me.
Their shoes definitely run larger. But I only tried the city hall model.

Called them to enquire on their new stocks arrival which is mid July.
All which are French Leather compared to their previous collection of Italian.

And I concur with Urbanturban on Loake being a better made shoe compared to Meermin. Feels more solid.
Comparing loake 1880 that is.
 

WakeUpDead

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
And I concur with Urbanturban on Loake being a better made shoe compared to Meermin. Feels more solid.
Comparing loake 1880 that is.

That being said, anyone buying a pair from Meermin anytime soon? Would be interested in buying a burgundy belt from them. Will chip in for shipping of cos.

very difficult to source for a burgundy belt in dressing-conservative Singapore!
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
I'm a UK 9 for Loake Capital Last and Meermin Hiro Last.

11cm width. LLYR is a no go only double EE for me.

But for EEA, I'm a UK 8.5 for their City Hall model.
A cap toe oxford. Width is fine for me.
Their shoes definitely run larger. But I only tried the city hall model.

Called them to enquire on their new stocks arrival which is mid July.
All which are French Leather compared to their previous collection of Italian.

And I concur with Urbanturban on Loake being a better made shoe compared to Meermin. Feels more solid.
Comparing loake 1880 that is.
EEA runs larger? Granted their shoe size charts are a bit wonky but I'm 43.5 in Loake Capital Last and 44 in EEA.

My EEAs are a bit tight width-wise and have a slighlty lower instep even though it is 0.5 larger in EUR size

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
That being said, anyone buying a pair from Meermin anytime soon? Would be interested in buying a burgundy belt from them. Will chip in for shipping of cos.

very difficult to source for a burgundy belt in dressing-conservative Singapore!

There's one in carou-hell
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
EEA runs larger? Granted their shoe size charts are a bit wonky but I'm 43.5 in Loake Capital Last and 44 in EEA.

My EEAs are a bit tight width-wise and have a slighlty lower instep even though it is 0.5 larger in EUR size

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

If one is based on SG, do yourself a favour and go to their shop at Millenia Walk to try on for yourself. They have sample shoes for fitting even if no ready stock beyond or below certain sizes. That really is the critical benefit of buying shoes in-store vs online.

Would discourage anyone to rely on conversion charts or anecdotal experience of other guys when you can try for yourself.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
EEA runs larger? Granted their shoe size charts are a bit wonky but I'm 43.5 in Loake Capital Last and 44 in EEA.

My EEAs are a bit tight width-wise and have a slighlty lower instep even though it is 0.5 larger in EUR size

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

EEA sizing being wonky is not even close. I have 3 pairs in different sizes, 1 38EUR loafers, 1 39EUR blue single monk and 1 40EUR brown single monk. Guess what.... they all fit no where close to each other.
38EUR loafers are too tight for me, don't wear them anymore and trying to offload.
39EUR blue single monk is about 0.5 size too big and 40EUR brown single monk is a snug, nice fit for me.

Talk about inconsistency. Even Meermins are easier to gauge.
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
If one is based on SG, do yourself a favour and go to their shop at Millenia Walk to try on for yourself. They have sample shoes for fitting even if no ready stock beyond or below certain sizes. That really is the critical benefit of buying shoes in-store vs online.

Would discourage anyone to rely on conversion charts or anecdotal experience of other guys when you can try for yourself.

Opps Darth, All in a Day replied faster.

Was about to say the same to you.
They have new collection of sample shoes for sizing to try. Both offered in UK Sizes and Euro Sizes. I believe it's for the collection of French Leather.
Thus I second you going down to have size trials.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
If one is based on SG, do yourself a favour and go to their shop at Millenia Walk to try on for yourself. They have sample shoes for fitting even if no ready stock beyond or below certain sizes. That really is the critical benefit of buying shoes in-store vs online.

Would discourage anyone to rely on conversion charts or anecdotal experience of other guys when you can try for yourself.

Agreed. This is really the single largest benefit of buying EEAs-being able to try the shoes for sizing.

EEA sizing being wonky is not even close. I have 3 pairs in different sizes, 1 38EUR loafers, 1 39EUR blue single monk and 1 40EUR brown single monk. Guess what.... they all fit no where close to each other.
38EUR loafers are too tight for me, don't wear them anymore and trying to offload.
39EUR blue single monk is about 0.5 size too big and 40EUR brown single monk is a snug, nice fit for me.

Talk about inconsistency. Even Meermins are easier to gauge.

Lol. That's really v fugged up.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Opps Darth, All in a Day replied faster.

Was about to say the same to you.
They have new collection of sample shoes for sizing to try. Both offered in UK Sizes and Euro Sizes. I believe it's for the collection of French Leather.
Thus I second you going down to have size trials.

Yes, I was only sharing my experience. Needless to say at my size there is no option other than to visit the store to special order as they don't have my size in stock. My comparisons were for the sake of discussion only.
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Yes, I was only sharing my experience. Needless to say at my size there is no option other than to visit the store to special order as they don't have my size in stock. My comparisons were for the sake of discussion only.

Yeah, got ya.
Well for sizes of UK 8 and up, they won't have stock till mid July.
And when I ordered my size, they said 6 weeks.. Which I asked the sales dude, why wait 6 weeks when sizes are coming in in 2-3 weeks times. He just smiled.
Bloody mind boggling.. Anyway, weren't in a rush to get em so I couldn't be bothered to press on.

Anyways, would like to know if anyone could compare the comfort of EEA Vs Llyr. Cheers!
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
EEA sizing is wonky. I have 2pairs and both fit differently. And the ordered shoes end up fitting much tighter upon arrival as well.
I had them stretched by them, and then i stretched it further myself.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
EEA sizing is wonky. I have 2pairs and both fit differently. And the ordered shoes end up fitting much tighter upon arrival as well.
I had them stretched by them, and then i stretched it further myself.

Do shoes ever come that fit well out of the box? Lately what I've been doing is to get EUR 43 shoes and stretch them with shoe trees that are a size larger. I find this results in shoes that fit much better than out of the box 43.5 which are just very slightly loose in the width and very loose on the instep (facings tightened all the way and still slightly loose)

Yeah, got ya.
Well for sizes of UK 8 and up, they won't have stock till mid July.
And when I ordered my size, they said 6 weeks.. Which I asked the sales dude, why wait 6 weeks when sizes are coming in in 2-3 weeks times. He just smiled.
Bloody mind boggling.. Anyway, weren't in a rush to get em so I couldn't be bothered to press on.

Anyways, would like to know if anyone could compare the comfort of EEA Vs Llyr. Cheers!


6 weeks because the size is made-to-order whereas the 2-3 weeks are restock. The shoes you ordered probably aren't going to stock. Simply put they don't make those sizes unless someone orders them.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Do shoes ever come that fit well out of the box? Lately what I've been doing is to get EUR 43 shoes and stretch them with shoe trees that are a size larger. I find this results in shoes that fit much better than out of the box 43.5 which are just very slightly loose in the width and very loose on the instep (facings tightened all the way and still slightly loose)




6 weeks because the size is made-to-order whereas the 2-3 weeks are restock. The shoes you ordered probably aren't going to stock. Simply put they don't make those sizes unless someone orders them.

Generally all my shoes fit well out of the box except for loafers and Carmina/Simpson and EEA.

I should not have to bear with blisters and ill fitting shoes especially when i have tried sizing in the shop and did a pre-order. But these things happen.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Generally all my shoes fit well out of the box except for loafers and Carmina/Simpson and EEA.

I should not have to bear with blisters and ill fitting shoes especially when i have tried sizing in the shop and did a pre-order. But these things happen.

I have weird feet. Generally my left fits perfectly into EUR 43 while my right begs for half a size larger.

Why are loafers the exception to the rule?
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
I have weird feet. Generally my left fits perfectly into EUR 43 while my right begs for half a size larger.

Why are loafers the exception to the rule?

I find loafers very hard to fit, because i have a high instep.
And without shoe lace, it is tough to tighten if the shoe is a little longer.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Is it only me but I find EEA's insole to be very hard. It takes damn long to mould your feet with that insole.

The interesting thing is, I find Archules, a cemented construction shoe, has nice soft insoles that mould to your feet fast.
I mean the insole, not the sole or thickness of the sole. I have gyw boots that have softer insoles. The point is the insole is supposed to mound to your feet. I wore my EEA for 3 months and there is hardly an imprint on my insole.
Next time don't compare gyw shoes with cemented shoes to complain that the former is "harder" than the latter then.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top