Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
On off day and found some time to polish the shoes and might as well take some photos of them. Such an addictive hobby...

vhzeUM2l.jpg


kdVCDYTl.jpg


Rhs4TkTl.jpg


TFF1sZPl.jpg


OztWZn3l.jpg


mbPRD5gl.jpg


Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Nice, who are the makers?
 

Hisokaka

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
1,626
Reaction score
0

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Nice concise collection, care to share which shoes are from where?

Edit: Lol someone requested just before me

Am guessing the brown DM are the Loake Cannons.

The tan DM could be Carmina in Inca last

Squared apron suggest LLYR (for at least 1 of the 2 pairs of loafers)

And a wild guess that the black full brogues are Edetal!

Edit: Cross posts. Well, at least I got a few guesses correct!
 

RayeAng

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2005
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am getting something from herring! Anyone interested to share the shippment and shipping cost?
 

turboo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
993
Reaction score
9
i bought a pair of AEs online couple months back and it was too big for me (bought US9 knowing that all my other shoes are also US9). A waste

Is there anywhere in Singapore that I can try on the shoes before buying? I really like their designs and durability.
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
i bought a pair of AEs online couple months back and it was too big for me (bought US9 knowing that all my other shoes are also US9). A waste

Is there anywhere in Singapore that I can try on the shoes before buying? I really like their designs and durability.

Put in an insole to fill up the volume and it should be ok
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
i bought a pair of AEs online couple months back and it was too big for me (bought US9 knowing that all my other shoes are also US9). A waste

Is there anywhere in Singapore that I can try on the shoes before buying? I really like their designs and durability.

Got 9D or 9EEE?
9D -> 9D a insole will solve the problem unless You saying 9D from AE fits like a 10+
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
4ae5v8izl


I keep getting these stains on my shoes after wearing them for a day. They look like wet stains, but they do not disappear like normal wet stains. Any one else facing this same problem? Could it be leather issue? I dont think they are salt stains either because of the lack of white residue on the surface.

p.s. Nope they are not piss stains! I check after every trip to the bathroom!
For some reason your image doesnt load.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

WakeUpDead

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Re-Upload

2f527b2d2a.jpg


I keep getting these stains on my shoes after wearing them for a day. They look like wet stains, but they do not disappear like normal wet stains. Any one else facing this same problem? Could it be leather issue? I dont think they are salt stains either because of the lack of white residue on the surface.

p.s. Nope they are not piss stains! I check after every trip to the bathroom!
 

WakeUpDead

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
wakeupdead, i think they are oil/grease stains. probably from food.

I thought that would be the main suspect.
This pair got drenched after I walked around in the rain this morning, the stain went away after the leather dried off considerably. :s22:

BUT now I'm left with water stains under the build up of wax on the cap-toe. This leather shoes business sure is tedious to say the least!
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
I thought that would be the main suspect.
This pair got drenched after I walked around in the rain this morning, the stain went away after the leather dried off considerably. :s22:

BUT now I'm left with water stains under the build up of wax on the cap-toe. This leather shoes business sure is tedious to say the least!

You'll get used to it.. :s13:
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
You can choose to wear black or dark brown shoes which will hide stains better.
Or you will learn to live with it.
 

WakeUpDead

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
You'll get used to it.. :s13:

I'll have to! Cant imagine going back to Pedro and the likes, having made the transition to calf.

These water stains under the wax will take much longer to disappear I presume? Since the layer of wax will act as a trapping agent, making evaporation much harder
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
I'll have to! Cant imagine going back to Pedro and the likes, having made the transition to calf.

These water stains under the wax will take much longer to disappear I presume? Since the layer of wax will act as a trapping agent, making evaporation much harder

What does it look like now?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top