Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Is there a better way to lace oxfords than how they come by default on the Enzos? Not the easiest to loosen since it slips under the slot on the tongue..

My first oxfords :o
 
Last edited:

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Now it's a good time to buy things in Swedish Kronos. All time low.

Wish I can quickly wear out my non GYW or HW shoes to replace them with better ones.
 

clokwerk0

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
922
Reaction score
6
Is there a better way to lace oxfords than how they come by default on the Enzos? Not the easiest to loosen since it slips under the slot on the tongue..

My first oxfords :o

Your Enzo's came with the shoe-shop lacing?
Might want to try out the straight-European lacing, which I observed as the more popular lacing style.

I find Ian's Shoelace Site as a good place to try out different lacing styles.
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
You can always buy first and have them on stand-by

I have a few on standby already. Not enough space at home and dun want wife to think that I have so much spare cash else she wants me to pay more often.the other thing is my wife actually has a habit of buying Blake shoes for my previous birthdays so dun want to hurt her feelings to buy too many shoes, too soon.
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Very gian a pair or 3 or Antonio's RTW to fill up the gaps in my "basic" lineup..

His sizing advice is to wear same as EG and G&G, neither of which I have experience with.. Anyone able to chime on how their sizes compare to some other brands and lasts?
 

Millimeter

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
3
13731800_749805601789509_8845187400686192984_o.jpg


Seems like a good deal
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Very gian a pair or 3 or Antonio's RTW to fill up the gaps in my "basic" lineup..

His sizing advice is to wear same as EG and G&G, neither of which I have experience with.. Anyone able to chime on how their sizes compare to some other brands and lasts?

Am sorry, all my pairs so far have been MTM so I am not sure how his standard lasts fit.
I had to email him as well, for sizing advice (though he already has all my measurements).
I do have in incoming pair on the soft square last though. I only modified the instep on that one.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Very gian a pair or 3 or Antonio's RTW to fill up the gaps in my "basic" lineup..

His sizing advice is to wear same as EG and G&G, neither of which I have experience with.. Anyone able to chime on how their sizes compare to some other brands and lasts?

If your existing experience is with loake capital last, it is safe to say EG and GG, in regular E fit, generally wear more narrow.
 

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
10,132
Reaction score
239
I am very very close to pulling the trigger on this pair in dark brown...

bf7PooD.jpeg
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
I am very very close to pulling the trigger on this pair in dark brown...

bf7PooD.jpeg

The alpine / monkey boots look to be very decently made. And they stitched through the St Moritz sole as well.
The storm welt is a nice touch.
Who is the maker?
 

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
10,132
Reaction score
239
The alpine / monkey boots look to be very decently made. And they stitched through the St Moritz sole as well.
The storm welt is a nice touch.
Who is the maker?

Carlos Santos. :o
If u look very closely, u can see it is double stitching storm welt. However it is not a true norvogese welt.
 

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
10,132
Reaction score
239
A genuine "want to know" question: What is the use case of a pair of boots like this?

I was looking for a pair of boots for casual wear during cool rainy days ( like now) , and also for traveling. Maybe even trekking. I looked at red wings...love the leather, but the bulbous toe just didn't do it for me.
This pair, with the "claw toe" design and sleek last screamed out at me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top