Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Has anyone tried the brand "oriental" from world footwear gallery in Tokyo? Any reviews? They are Japanese RTW GYW shoes with a very closely cut welt (pictures can be seen on wfg's Instagram). Would like some reviews before buying, if possible!

Hey dude, in that price range, I can suggest Union Imperial.
Handwelted stuff (though not likely in Jpn), with some change to spare.
You can find it in Isetan Men's (Shinjuku).
 

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
10,132
Reaction score
239
Dressy weekend kicks!
fWTI0g0.jpg


Sent from PAP Bedok HQ using GAGT
 

Wanderlust

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
296
Reaction score
2
Anybody ordered any Carmina recently from their online store? Any idea if the free shoe tree still on for online order and store pick up? Tks
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Anybody ordered any Carmina recently from their online store? Any idea if the free shoe tree still on for online order and store pick up? Tks

Nay.
I haven't ordered recently but was told by the dude at the shop that this offer is no longer on.
 

kumarshyam42

Junior Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Anybody ordered any Carmina recently from their online store? Any idea if the free shoe tree still on for online order and store pick up? Tks
Dont know about online, but they didnt give free shoe trees in the store. I did get a discount on the shoes and free shoe cream :p (Was in Madrid this week, and picked up a pair of tan cordovan chukkas!)
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Dont know about online, but they didnt give free shoe trees in the store. I did get a discount on the shoes and free shoe cream :p (Was in Madrid this week, and picked up a pair of tan cordovan chukkas!)

That offer was extended to online purchase and pick up from SINGAPORE store only.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Love the EB Chelseas. Gotta thank thundermarch for these !

You're most welcome my friend.
The GMTO probably wouldn't have happened without your support. And arcfire's.
Hope the fit is ok.
TBH I'm growing to like the 74945 last more.
You gotta drop by to pick up your Tarnsjo boots soon man.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
You're most welcome my friend.
The GMTO probably wouldn't have happened without your support. And arcfire's.
Hope the fit is ok.
TBH I'm growing to like the 74945 last more.
You gotta drop by to pick up your Tarnsjo boots soon man.

Yeah, I find that these are really nice for travelling, especially for work. Slip on, slip off! Plus the leather feels supple so no painful breaking in experienced.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Yeah, I find that these are really nice for travelling, especially for work. Slip on, slip off! Plus the leather feels supple so no painful breaking in experienced.

Even for clearing pesky customs?

I am thinking i need loafers for travel nowadays.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Even for clearing pesky customs?

I am thinking i need loafers for travel nowadays.

Yes, I especially recommend chelsea boots for clearing customs.
Putting them on and taking them off are really really easy.
Jodhpurs have a similar look / profile but are significantly more difficult to remove and then put on again.
Lace ups are even more difficult.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Even for clearing pesky customs?

I am thinking i need loafers for travel nowadays.

I've travelled with the pair once to China and was not asked to take them off. I would think that in cases where taking shoes off (like US), it would be as convenient since no laces or buckles are involved.

If you travel to countries like Japan and Korea where going into a restaurant may require removal of footwear it would be convenient too. Of course, loafers work just fine depending on how formal the occasion is.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
I think chelsea boots will be a pretty good idea for traveling footwear.
In fact, probably ideal.
Versatile (but probably not in black though it's the "classic" chelsea boot color).
Can be dressed up or down.
Convenient, very convenient in fact.
Reasonably elegant.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
I have a mental block 'against' elastic bands in shoes. Which is why i have not gotten a pair of chelsea boots or lazyman.

I think most people do not understand what is considered 'formal' or 'informal' for shoes anymore, so they will not be able to scoff at loafers. Especially in US and most parts of Asia.
 

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
10,132
Reaction score
239
Yes, I especially recommend chelsea boots for clearing customs.
Putting them on and taking them off are really really easy.
Jodhpurs have a similar look / profile but are significantly more difficult to remove and then put on again.
Lace ups are even more difficult.
Wear boots go airport, will get tackled by airport security ?

Sent from PAP Bedok HQ using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top