Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightside

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
For below $200, can I get anything decent for my first pair? I prefer derbys with toe cap design in black. Saw something at Aldo at $189. Any other recommendations?
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
For below $200, can I get anything decent for my first pair? I prefer derbys with toe cap design in black. Saw something at Aldo at $189. Any other recommendations?

Shoegazing recently gave a favorable review of Orban's, that retails at 150 euros, just slightly above your budget.
Otherwise, Bata ambassador gets some love here.
May I suggest a brown captoe oxford for your first pair instead?
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
just received EB spilt toe derby. Turned out 6.5 UK on 363mod is way too long/loose for me.

Therefore I intend to sell. Anyone keen on it?
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
just received EB spilt toe derby. Turned out 6.5 UK on 363mod is way too long/loose for me.

Therefore I intend to sell. Anyone keen on it?

On what leather is it?

I might be keen if it fits but how does the 363mod compare to the 74945 last?
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
On what leather is it?

I might be keen if it fits but how does the 363mod compare to the 74945 last?

This is the exact specifications - http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-derby-in-bolet-calf

I have no experience on 74945 but I'm on UK 6 for 804 and 6.5 UK for inca and rain.
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
Shame, those are beautiful shoes.

:sad: ya, very upset about it.

should have downsized 0.5 for it. i saw conflicting information on SF, some used their rain size, some downsized. So i went to ask the Skoa team and they advised to take 6.5.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
:sad: ya, very upset about it.

should have downsized 0.5 for it. i saw conflicting information on SF, some used their rain size, some downsized. So i went to ask the Skoa team and they advised to take 6.5.

I was eyeing that as well but couldn't decide on my size. :s13:
Then in a short span of time, there were no sizes available anymore... lol
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
I was eyeing that as well but couldn't decide on my size. :s13:
Then in a short span of time, there were no sizes available anymore... lol

Still got the GMTO one..

I'm eyeing it, but don't know to stay 9.5 per TM's advice, or go down to 9 per Skoak's advice

1-2 more days to decide nia
 
Last edited:

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
:sad: ya, very upset about it.

should have downsized 0.5 for it. i saw conflicting information on SF, some used their rain size, some downsized. So i went to ask the Skoa team and they advised to take 6.5.

What shoes you wear in 6.5 rain, oxfords?
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Still got the GMTO one..

I'm eyeing it, but don't know to stay 9.5 per TM's advice, or go down to 9 per Skoak's advice

1-2 more days to decide nia

If you have a low instep, or prefer a very snug fit, size down.
I have both size 8 and size 8.5 in the 946 last.
If I'm going to have a long day or expect to drink quite a bit, or if my feet are feeling sore, I wear 8.5 with thicker socks.
If it's going to be a short, uneventful day I wear 8 with thin socks.
Both work.
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
If you have a low instep, or prefer a very snug fit, size down.
I have both size 8 and size 8.5 in the 946 last.
If I'm going to have a long day or expect to drink quite a bit, or if my feet are feeling sore, I wear 8.5 with thicker socks.
If it's going to be a short, uneventful day I wear 8 with thin socks.
Both work.

Just oxfords or other shoe types as well?
 

PlainBlackTee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,870
Reaction score
0
Hi guys any recommendations for gyw penny loafers below $300? Looking at Meermin, Orban's, LLYR or any other recommendation
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Just oxfords or other shoe types as well?

I have a 946 chukka in 8.5 that is a good fit.
I'll be honest. For chukkas and boots, I'd err on the larger side. Tiny bit of heel slip won't really be a problem. Overly tight chukkas however, will be a torture to wear.
 
Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
If you have a low instep, or prefer a very snug fit, size down.
I have both size 8 and size 8.5 in the 946 last.
If I'm going to have a long day or expect to drink quite a bit, or if my feet are feeling sore, I wear 8.5 with thicker socks.
If it's going to be a short, uneventful day I wear 8 with thin socks.
Both work.

Does water intake make a difference? Generally drink more water when I am in office (which is mainly when I wear dress shoes) than when I am not.

Think I need to start observing!
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Torn betw Enzo's and Antonio's chukkas

Enzo-Bonafe-3403-mod-Tarnsjo-Oak-74945-Last-NEW-1_1024x1024.jpg


IMG_5229-2.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top