Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormcontrol

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Hi Stormcontrol,

Pls allow me to "hijack" this thread for personal benefit, before I fire the buy button at Meermin, may I know what is your usual shoe size you wear for eg in US or EU? I am eyeing Meermin's double monk or Oxfords in Hiro last and they had suggested size for double monk.

Appreciate your reply and thank you very much.

The 9.5 hiro is too large for me at the instep/vamp area. The leather is creasing madly there. I usually wear size 9 UK in Jack Purcell, and vacillate between US 10-10.5 for track shoes. I sized up in this case because the width measurements they sent me looked awfully tight.

thanks for the offer..
before I go down and try at robinson..what is the price diff in SG and online?

Don't recall but it's quite significant. Especially if you wait for Robinson's sale. (the online shoe merchant not our friendly local department store!)
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am looking at Meermin Hiro last UK10.5 or UK11. Any lobang? Thanks in advance.
Wow those are huge.. I guess if you want brand new you gotta order from meermin itself, or from resellers over at styleforum or grailed, sometimes you can snag up a good deal (worn once, some only tried on indoors, some even brand new) for cheap. A good majority of them are Caucasians who have us12 feet

But as it is buying shoes online will always have an element of uncertainty with regards to sizing.. Best is to try locally a size that fits you in a certain brand and last then estimate from there. I recall you mentioning you have a pair of llyr?

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 
Last edited:

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
Wow those are huge.. I guess if you want brand new you gotta order from meermin itself, or from resellers over at styleforum or grailed, sometimes you can snag up a good deal (worn once, some only tried on indoors, some even brand new) for cheap. A good majority of them are Caucasians who have us12 feet

But as it is buying shoes online will always have an element of uncertainty with regards to sizing.. Best is to try locally a size that fits you in a certain brand and last then estimate from there. I recall you mentioning you have a pair of llyr?

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

Hi,

Yes I do have a pair of Llyr. I accept that there is uncertainty and risk when buying online but still have some reservations ... worry if it is too tight or small then it will be a waste.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Hi,

Yes I do have a pair of Llyr. I accept that there is uncertainty and risk when buying online but still have some reservations ... worry if it is too tight or small then it will be a waste.

There's always Carmina that you can try on. Not sure if they would stock larger sizes here though.

You can then make a comparison of the last that you've tried on with other brands. There's a ton of references from members on SF.

Like mentioned, SF buy/sell section has tons of amazing shoes at good prices, particularly for your size.

Luckily I have smaller feet. Otherwise..... :s22:
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
There's always Carmina that you can try on. Not sure if they would stock larger sizes here though.

You can then make a comparison of the last that you've tried on with other brands. There's a ton of references from members on SF.

Like mentioned, SF buy/sell section has tons of amazing shoes at good prices, particularly for your size.

Luckily I have smaller feet. Otherwise..... :s22:

Hi,

Thanks for your pointer but then what is SF? Thanks
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
I would go with eu 44 on the meermin hiro as well. Source: I own a pair of llyr too tho in Oxfords

Yeah online will have plenty of larger sizes for you. I've seen size 14 shoes being sold and the seller claims it fits him too tight. Lol

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

Hi,

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Do you know Llyr's EU 44 is equivalent EU? or UK? of Meermin's sizing? I can't find any UK indication on Llyr?

I found it, for Meermin EU44 = UK10 = US11. However, they suggested I buy UK10.5 based on the measurements I sent to them.
 
Last edited:

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
For me I am eu42 uk8 in llyr so I got the exact same size for meermin.

Well the ball is in your court now whether you wanna get that half size up which will most likely fit you albeit slightly biggee or get uk10 which is either a perfect snug fit or a tad too small. But I've read somewhere that their half sizing differs by only a few mm in length and width..

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
how to know there is 20% discount? is it explicitly stated? or judging from price. thanks.

Maybe he got those models on clearance. Strand 11.5 is on clearance.

Normally when we say discount in robinsonshoes, is store wide discount, even for new arrival and accessories.
 
Last edited:

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
how to know there is 20% discount? is it explicitly stated? or judging from price. thanks.

Got price slashed on the item, but I think only for last weekend. Cause last night I went back to check, back to usual price liao, cause got people PM me about it too.

But I believe is for Loake shoes only.

Maybe he got those models on clearance. Strand 11.5 is on clearance.

Normally when we say discount in robinsonshoes, is store wide discount, even for new arrival and accessories.

True true, I was lucky I saw a 20% discount since I just check back my cart daily lol!

It was not those on clearance though, clearance i think 25 or 30% discount.
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
For me I am eu42 uk8 in llyr so I got the exact same size for meermin.

Well the ball is in your court now whether you wanna get that half size up which will most likely fit you albeit slightly biggee or get uk10 which is either a perfect snug fit or a tad too small. But I've read somewhere that their half sizing differs by only a few mm in length and width..

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

That is why headache.
 

nethdale

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
109
Get a shoe that fits snug right out of the box. If the breaking in doesn't help with getting a more comfy fit, a cobbler will be able to stretch them out for you.

You can't shrink shoes that are too large.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I read somewhere that the breaking in for Meermin seems longer than Llyr. If that were the case, my feet will suffer and I hate that kind of painful feeling and process :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top