Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
I'm looking for a belt to go with my brown shoes. Where can I find quality leather belts? Preferably in a physical store in sg.

PS doubt its the right thread but i figured peeps here would be able to answer this


Thick Full grain belts can visit any decent leather shop like 310 woodland, leather atrium or Tuckshop & Sundry.

Dressier Top grain thin belts can visit Carmina store, banana republic, or most big luxury brand (mont blanc, hermes etc)

For most value imo is Uniqlo :s12:
 

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2001
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
24
I'm looking for a belt to go with my brown shoes. Where can I find quality leather belts? Preferably in a physical store in sg.

PS doubt its the right thread but i figured peeps here would be able to answer this

For office wear? Depending on budget, I think in general Braun Buffel, Goldlion, Loewe, Ferragamo etc have nice belts...
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Thick Full grain belts can visit any decent leather shop like 310 woodland, leather atrium or Tuckshop & Sundry.

Dressier Top grain thin belts can visit Carmina store, banana republic, or most big luxury brand (mont blanc, hermes etc)

For most value imo is Uniqlo :s12:

I second Uniqlo!
 

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2001
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
24
Dont take Braun Buffel, Goldlion,

Corrected Grain and their edge kote is like crap. Cracking guaranteed

Oh yeah, guess you're right. On hindsight, my BB belt starting to crack after N years, but I didn't even wear it on a daily basis.

On the other hand.. My Ferragamo belt is still looking good.

Montblanc leather isn't that good, from what I feel. They are only known for their pens, IMO.
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
I'm not please with with Ferragamo belt. When I lay it flat there are lots of vertical wrinkles. Makes me think there is a top layer of leather being glued on.

JJXC5Sr.jpg
 
Last edited:

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
Oh yeah, guess you're right. On hindsight, my BB belt starting to crack after N years, but I didn't even wear it on a daily basis.

On the other hand.. My Ferragamo belt is still looking good.

Montblanc leather isn't that good, from what I feel. They are only known for their pens, IMO.

Even Montblanc for that matter.... horrible leather belts.....

Actually yea. Almost pulled a trigger on one before because I was having such a hard time finding a proper Burgundy belt that didnt need shipping in (and before Carmina Sg).

In the end managed to snag a nice thick full grain one at a Leather/Denim shop at JB's Larkin bus terminal of all places :s22::s22::s22:
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
To continue being OT, I actually find that with regards to leathergoods, buying from a big brand only guarantees that you're paying a significant upcharge for the brand.

It's better to source for less branded leather goods which feature higher quality construction and leathers and are not "branded" in the traditional sense.

A bit similar to GYW shoes I guess.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
I'm curious, have you ordered from shoe bank before? Not sure how to handle the logistical requirements to ship to Singapore. Also I heard their payment method is by giving your cc details over the phone?

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

Do note that patryn is based IN the US.

I think he can do a pretty brisk business 'flipping' AEs and Redwings if he bothers to.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Do note that patryn is based IN the US.

I think he can do a pretty brisk business 'flipping' AEs and Redwings if he bothers to.

The person studying in MN will be best flipping red wing, tent sale mic toes go for usd$55, here sold for ~$400, even sell $200 he can easily make good profit.

AE margin too low for the trouble.

Buying is easy just call AE number give them CC and a shipping address. They ship free. Singapore order need to give them comgateway address
 
Last edited:

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
The person studying in MN will be best flipping red wing, tent sale mic toes go for usd$55, here sold for ~$400, even sell $200 he can easily make good profit.

AE margin too low for the trouble.

Buying is easy just call AE number give them CC and a shipping address. They ship free. Singapore order need to give them comgateway address
Ah I see didn't know you were based there. I gotta go find out cgw's rates for shipping shoes to sg. Yeah I've heard of those insane sales. Even at Brooks brothers or Nordstrom one can find insane deals

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2001
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
24
I'm not please with with Ferragamo belt. When I lay it flat there are lots of vertical wrinkles. Makes me think there is a top layer of leather being glued on.

JJXC5Sr.jpg

I see...

Mine looks ok after 2.5 years or so.

V1l31Zi.jpg


The flipside:

04Pxt1o.jpg


But I guess wear and tear is common among leather goods. Just that sometimes, for the kind of price paid, we'd expect something better...

Oh well. :o
 

terras14

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
I had a few dunhill. Still good after few yrs with rotation. Recently also got a st dupont belt. Quality looks good as well.
For alligator belt, can try alligatorleather.com
Good quality for the price.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top