ducky_88
Master Member
- Joined
- Oct 13, 2006
- Messages
- 4,991
- Reaction score
- 9
Well, it will need a resole.
Can a normal clobber do the job, Or if professional how will it cost?
How does this happen?
Well, it will need a resole.
Can a normal clobber do the job, Or if professional how will it cost?
How does this happen?
Can a normal clobber do the job, Or if professional how will it cost?
How does this happen?
TM, what is re-welting?I guess it depends on how much you cherish the shoes, and how much you're willing to pay.
For resoles, it's best to send it back to the original maker, so the original last the shoes were made on, can be inserted into the shoes before the resole is done.
This helps to preserve the shape and form of the shoes.
Locally, Mason and Smith can do resoles (although if re-welting is needed, the repair work would probably be an approximation), and I would expect he could do a pretty decent job of it, since he has a background in shoemaking. I'm not sure about the cost though, you should check.
With regards to why it (your outsole wearing through) happens, it's just simple wear and tear. It happens to all of us.
TM, what is re-welting?
I don’t know how it happen. But anyway to fix this before it get worst.
![]()
During a resoling process, the outsole and filler material is removed and the inside of the shoe is also inspected for damage.
In Goodyear welted shoes, if the gemming (canvas / fabric rib) has slipped (ie, the adhesive holding the canvas to the insole has come loose), it needs to be reattached to the insole. Depending on the condition of the rib, a new one may need to be used, or sometimes, the old one is simply glued back on. If a new rib is used, the old welt is usually also removed and a new one sewn on.
Also, if the outsole has been worn completely through to the welt and the welt has also been worn down, a new welt will need to be sewn on to the gemming. This could occur even if the gemming is still in good condition.
You could consider either of these processes as re-welting.
In other words, if anything else other than filler and outsole need to be replaced, it is considered a re-welting.
Would be interested to know also if we can order through yeossal?
I am staying very near their showroom and can drop by. I would think it be in bad taste if I go there to try the sizes and seek their advice and then deal directly with AM.
Why not at EEA or even Mason & SmithHi guys. Where do u guys resole your office leather shoes these days? Still Sole-mann at ORP?
I have a pair of single monk strap shoes from edetal which I wish to resole and change the heels too. If possible, something I can bring in on a weekend and bring away the same day. I dont mind waiting for 1-2 hours for it.
AM RTW Tribune.
Post more pics leh you guys, or alternatively pm me your IG handles
![]()
![]()