Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Anyway now the main problem is that his flashing report as cannot read from com port. Which i highly guessed that he was meddling halfway on the adb things and drop halfway when i posted an updated to him on the device detecting part.

So I suspecting now is the adb thingy not complete. So better for him to complete it ba.
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
so two possibilities here, right?

1. ADB process not complete.
2. ROM i downloaded from en.miui.com is the full rom rather than the fastboot rom.

I'll try (1). For (2), can a kind soul please point me to the correct fastboot rom to download?
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
so two possibilities here, right?

1. ADB process not complete.
2. ROM i downloaded from en.miui.com is the full rom rather than the fastboot rom.

I'll try (1). For (2), can a kind soul please point me to the correct fastboot rom to download?

No need just download the link i posted and try on the miflash beta again...
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Oh my...Gosh , Cokiee....:vijayadmin:

This is fastboot rom file:

helium_global_images_V8.2.1.0.MBDMIDL_20170117.0000.00_6.0_global_93c4b2ee23.tgz

This is Recovery rom file:

miui_MIMAX652Global_V8.2.1.0.MBDMIDL_9060ae09fa_6.0.zip

For Flashing using miFlash, you should download and then extract the helium_global_images_V8.2.1.0.MBDMIDL_20170117.0000.00_6.0_global_93c4b2ee23.tgz

Lol all troubleshoot until become sotongs liaoz. Maybe this explain the cannot read from com port error..... Hopefully...
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Oh last critical part.... Make sure your phone enough battery juice... It like 4 to 6 hrs of trying le.....
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Lol all troubleshoot until become sotongs liaoz. Maybe this explain the cannot read from com port error..... Hopefully...

Oh last critical part.... Make sure your phone enough battery juice... It like 4 to 6 hrs of trying le.....

Now I really hope that Cokiee downloaded the wrong type of file...haha! :s13:

At least, we now know what is the problem..haha! :s13:

Ya! Make sure battery is at least 60% before start flashing. Else, brick really comes out when battery gone flat! :s13:
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
omg i really hope that's the case man. where did i get that rom from! I'm downloading the correct one now - but regardless of whether this works, seriously guys, from 5pm to now. I REALLY appreciate it. If we ever do meet please let me buy you coffee or something. :s13:

I'll try to dl the rom, then use miflash beta to flash it. hehe.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
omg i really hope that's the case man. where did i get that rom from! I'm downloading the correct one now - but regardless of whether this works, seriously guys, from 5pm to now. I REALLY appreciate it. If we ever do meet please let me buy you coffee or something. :s13:

I'll try to dl the rom, then use miflash beta to flash it. hehe.

Really WTF LOL..... :s13:

I need 10 glasses beer now and then my blanket and pillow... Zzzz

Almost, almost that the Mi Max thread is going into Part 3 tonight... LOL...:s13:
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Updates! I downloaded the fastboot rom, and used miflash 2016.08.30.0.

I now have a status that says .. success! However it took only 280 seconds. I remember kelvinti bro saying it's supposed to be something like 20 mins? or did i remember wrongly?
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Updates! I downloaded the fastboot rom, and used miflash 2016.08.30.0.

I now have a status that says .. success! However it took only 280 seconds. I remember kelvinti bro saying it's supposed to be something like 20 mins? or did i remember wrongly?

Great! Congrats! The real wait starts now. Go reboot your phone now.

Edit: Generally flashing is fast anyway. It's the reboot part that generally the long wait.

Final edit: the main 2 stars culprits of the long 6 to 7 hrs..... Reconnection of usb without restarting the edl mode.... Using of recovery rom (seriously... Didn't even notice until some bros here pointed out)... Hahaha... Good night world....
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Great! Congrats! The real wait starts now. Go reboot your phone now.

Does it take a long while to boot up? I just booted it up, and it's still trying to load. Right now i'm on the mi.com power up screen, and at the bottom it's the standard powered by android. The 3 dots however are running.

and... we're up! The screen booted up and it's now completely reset, showing the Miui8 screen, as though i booted it up 'for the first time' earlier.

is this considered done?
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Does it take a long while to boot up? I just booted it up, and it's still trying to load. Right now i'm on the mi.com power up screen, and at the bottom it's the standard powered by android. The 3 dots however are running.

and... we're up! The screen booted up and it's now completely reset, showing the Miui8 screen, as though i booted it up 'for the first time' earlier.

is this considered done?

Ermmm just to check... Did you select the option at the bottom right on clean all (miflash beta) or flash all (official miflash) before flashing?

If yes, then good. If not, either you reflash again or just simply go do a factory reset on the phone. Up 2 you. Now working le, want to flash how many times also can.

Cheers.
 
Last edited:

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
51,326
Reaction score
25,915
cokiee, i understood how you felt for spending long hours on flashing.
me too, reverting back to stock ROM from lineage OS spent me few hours too.
even downgrading miui 8 to 7 also spent me same amount of time.

lack of rest...even neglected my wife..after all the hassles, have to unlock the phone plus root, and then install the apps.

anywau,
congrats and enjoy the phone.
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Ermmm just to check... Did you select the option at the bottom right on clean all (miflash beta) or flash all (official miflash) before flashing?

If yes, then good. If not, either you reflash again or just simply go do a factory reset on the phone. Up 2 you. Now working le, want to flash how many times also can.

Cheers.


YES I did ensure that it's flash all hehe. But yes you're right - now that it works it isn't very difficult. Thinking back I think i know what went wrong, at a more sane time i'll post here for the benefit of the others!

For now, thank you very much! I appreciate it.

cokiee, i understood how you felt for spending long hours on flashing.
me too, reverting back to stock ROM from lineage OS spent me few hours too.
even downgrading miui 8 to 7 also spent me same amount of time.

lack of rest...even neglected my wife..after all the hassles, have to unlock the phone plus root, and then install the apps.

anywau,
congrats and enjoy the phone.

Yep totally! I really couldn't take it lying that I couldn't do it - i'm not the most computer literate person on earth, but this didn't seem that difficult at all. Until I tried it. heh.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
51,326
Reaction score
25,915
ok, share with us your impression on your new gadget.

among all the brands I used, xiaomi max is the best in terms of:
battery
1. 15hrs daily on 4G network. standby is okay even though on 3G network for 9hrs (underground,4G setting unchanged.)
2. blasting music through the speaker depletes abit of battery, but SOT still hits at least 10mins every % even when surfing net (which smartphone can achieve this?)
3. Best standby. can leave the phone uncharged for at least 18 days. of course ,SOT badly affected too.


no lag. enough for light user me, to surf net,listening music. occasionally whatsapp.


400iqgA.png
7aAc2ub.png


battery is even better after getting rid stuffs which i deemed useless to me and setting the CPU frequency (yes,rooting required for both)

have set two little CPU running min 400 max 400 powersave mode. Not much lag unless loading high quality pics.

and since I'm on china ROM, i took this opportunity to stop using google (it tracks our daily usage and may pose a threat to us someday)

relying on dropbox for my calendar and expense manager app.contacts wise, i saved the numbers
in my SIM card for the time being.

battery significantly affected without google stuffs.SOT increased maybe 5hrs.
i can do without google sync.

apps wise, can just get apk online. Not a big deal.

lastly, i stick to miui 7.3.15 ,on 128gb model.
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
>> Cokiee,

Congratulation! Finally you did it with the correct rom file.

We have never expected that you were using the recovery rom right from the start lol...

Happy for you! :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top