Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

ramius_mark

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2013
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
No problem, bro. Some reading are really needed in order to understand the steps and processes involved.

If you cocked up when flashing eu rom. Don't worry. You can always flash back to original Global rom with another method. No sweat. :)

I also cocked up my first time. Haha.

I think it will take me some time to do this - gulp!
Also, searching through these forums for installation guide is no laughing matter.
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
To confirm:

a) I downloaded adb-setup-1.4.3.exe

<< Correct. Please remember which adb folder is being created coz you need to put the twrp.img into that folder later. >> >


b) Should I use:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX_V8.2.3.0.MBCCNDL_v8-6.0.zip
from
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=154258?

<< Correct! That's for Mi Max 32GB >>

c) Dumb question: My Max is a local set (3/32) from Challenger - it has an unlocked bootloader by default, correct?

<< Apply to unlocked bootloader (via the webby) and then download the MiUnlock Tools from Xiaomi. Click here. A SMS will come in with 1 hour telling you it has been approved! >>

<< Then, use the MiUnlock Tool to unlock your bootloader on PC >>


<< Guide here! >>

Thanks in advance.


My reply in BLUE!
 
Last edited:

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,906
Reaction score
3,987
Hi. I realised mi max FM radio can work without a earphone plug into it. Just that the reception and sound quite distorted. I know earphone is better as needed as antenna. Any ideas what can I do to improve the reception without any earphone plugging in?

The reason I do this is because I used my mi max for my jogging and I wanted to connect to my wireless earphone thru Bluetooth. Using sg radio app do solve this problem but it will consumed data. Any idea how much data consumed for 1 hour of radio streaming?
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
Hi. I realised mi max FM radio can work without a earphone plug into it. Just that the reception and sound quite distorted. I know earphone is better as needed as antenna. Any ideas what can I do to improve the reception without any earphone plugging in?

The reason I do this is because I used my mi max for my jogging and I wanted to connect to my wireless earphone thru Bluetooth. Using sg radio app do solve this problem but it will consumed data. Any idea how much data consumed for 1 hour of radio streaming?

Your e/p is the antenna. That is the only way to improve the reception.
 

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,906
Reaction score
3,987
Your e/p is the antenna. That is the only way to improve the reception.

I tried cut off one of my spoilt earphone and use the 3.5mm plug also don't work well. But I Google search 3.5mm FM radio antenna for cell phone there is indeed such a product whixh help to boost the reception. I will try that.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Question: How do I get the TWRP.zip from EU ROM?

Is it from:
https://dl.twrp.me/hydrogen/

??

Also got a message from Mi Unlock - Current account is not bound to this device. In the "Settings -> Developer options -> Mi unlock states" binding account and equipment.

Problem is, I don't see the Developer options etc.

??

For twrp. Download the other one. The first link (Download Here). Then, choose Mi Max (hydrogen).

Don't get from this link (TWRP.ME) you have posted.

To enable USB Debugging. Firstly, you must tap 8 times on the MIUI version. Then, the Developer Option will appear and then you can select to enable USB Debugging mode and then you can unlock. :)

**Developer Option is inside the Additional Settings.
 
Last edited:

ramius_mark

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2013
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Ok. Thanks a lot, once again.

Re this ROM, I presume that there aren't any system updates etc?

For twrp. Download the other one. The first link (Download Here). Then, choose Mi Max (hydrogen).

Don't get from this link (TWRP.ME) you have posted.

To enable USB Debugging. Firstly, you must tap 8 times on the MIUI version. Then, the Developer Option will appear and then you can select to enable USB Debugging mode and then you can unlock. :)

**Developer Option is inside the Additional Settings.
 

ramius_mark

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2013
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Hi - can advise which link again for twrp? Getting a bit confused...

Thanks.

For twrp. Download the other one. The first link (Download Here). Then, choose Mi Max (hydrogen).

Don't get from this link (TWRP.ME) you have posted.

To enable USB Debugging. Firstly, you must tap 8 times on the MIUI version. Then, the Developer Option will appear and then you can select to enable USB Debugging mode and then you can unlock. :)

**Developer Option is inside the Additional Settings.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top