Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Gonna try it now - hope nothing goes wrong! (But doubt i'd use it immediately though. No screen protection. hehe).

ok guys, need some help please. So i've done the pre-work: Downaloaded miflash beta, fastboot rom, official miflash etc, and put my phone on EDL.

however I've plugged it in, and my computer can't detect the phone even after disconnecting and reconnecting, and clicking on refresh on the flash program.

Following the guide I then went to download the qualcomm driver, plus the mi suite.

Following dragonguy's instructions: Upon connecting to the phone after you have pressed the vol+, vol- and power button to boot up, if the drivers failed to detect, please go to device manager and locate "QHSUSB_BULK" (usually is this). Manually install it by pointing it to the unzip qualcomm "DRIVER" folder.

The thing is, I can't find the "QHSUSB_BULK" file. Any ideas please? Right now my max is a bit of a brick - can't do anything with it.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
ok guys, need some help please. So i've done the pre-work: Downaloaded miflash beta, fastboot rom, official miflash etc, and put my phone on EDL.

however I've plugged it in, and my computer can't detect the phone even after disconnecting and reconnecting, and clicking on refresh on the flash program.

Following the guide I then went to download the qualcomm driver, plus the mi suite.

Following dragonguy's instructions: Upon connecting to the phone after you have pressed the vol+, vol- and power button to boot up, if the drivers failed to detect, please go to device manager and locate "QHSUSB_BULK" (usually is this). Manually install it by pointing it to the unzip qualcomm "DRIVER" folder.

The thing is, I can't find the "QHSUSB_BULK" file. Any ideas please? Right now my max is a bit of a brick - can't do anything with it.

Kekeke....

Have you enabled the USB Debugging on your Mi Max before plug in?

As for the driver. Don't read into the file name too much. Just browse to the 368 or Qualcomm folder. It should auto pickup the correct driver which is Qualcomm 9008..
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Kekeke....

Have you enabled the USB Debugging on your Mi Max before plug in?

As for the driver. Don't read into the file name too much. Just browse to the 368 or Qualcomm folder. It should auto pickup the correct driver which is Qualcomm 9008..

hmmm no I didn't debug it before putting it to EDL - now that I've EDL'd it it's kinda stuck, right?

A point of clarification please: Which program do i use to point it to the qualcomm folder?

edit: I managed to boot up my phone and have turned on the developer options, and enabled USB debugging!

edit2: Still cannot detect the phone after plugging usb in.
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
hmmm no I didn't debug it before putting it to EDL - now that I've EDL'd it it's kinda stuck, right?

A point of clarification please: Which program do i use to point it to the qualcomm folder?

edit: I managed to boot up my phone and have turned on the developer options, and enabled USB debugging!

Good!

Now, you plugin in EDL mode, go to Device Manager, there will be a simi new unknown device pops up.

From there you update the driver to quadcomm 9008 driver....(self-explanatory).

After that, your Mi Max should be detectable!

If still cannot. Then , there is one more additional step!
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Good!

Now, you plugin in EDL mode, go to Device Manager, there will be a simi new unknown device pops up.

From there you update the driver to quadcomm 9008 driver....(self-explanatory).

After that, your Mi Max should be detectable!

If still cannot. Then , there is one more additional step!

Sadly still no action.

In device manager I can see the driver under port(COM & LPT) Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM10)

however, when I plug my USB into the phone, I can hear the detection on my laptop, but cannot detect the device. The error from the computer says:

USB Device not recognised. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it.

Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognise it, your device may not be working properly.
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Sadly still no action.

In device manager I can see the driver under port(COM & LPT) Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM10)

however, when I plug my USB into the phone, I can hear the detection on my laptop, but cannot detect the device. The error from the computer says:

USB Device not recognised. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it.

Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognise it, your device may not be working properly.

Windows 10? If so disable the windows driver signature thingy.

Update: usb debugging mode is not really required though as far as i flashed so many times. Oh ya, and try to use the usb cable that comes with it.
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Windows 10? If so disable the windows driver signature thingy.

Update: usb debugging mode is not really required though as far as i flashed so many times. Oh ya, and try to use the usb cable that comes with it.

On win8 actually. And I did try using the cable that comes with it, thinking perhaps its mycable that's faulty - still go no. Maybe I'll try to disable the windows driver signature.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
Windows 10? If so disable the windows driver signature thingy.

Update: usb debugging mode is not really required though as far as i flashed so many times. Oh ya, and try to use the usb cable that comes with it.

On win8 actually. And I did try using the cable that comes with it, thinking perhaps its mycable that's faulty - still go no. Maybe I'll try to disable the windows driver signature.

As per what dragonguy has said in the above post. That's the last additional step prior to plugin your Mi Max to PC. ;)

Read below: :s22:

***********************************************************

Disabling method for Windows 8.1 & 10 64-bit:
Permanent method:

> Press the Windows key + X and then click “Command Prompt (Admin)”, as shown below:-

> bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

> bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

> Reboot your Win8!
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
ok guys, need some help please. So i've done the pre-work: Downaloaded miflash beta, fastboot rom, official miflash etc, and put my phone on EDL.

however I've plugged it in, and my computer can't detect the phone even after disconnecting and reconnecting, and clicking on refresh on the flash program.

Following the guide I then went to download the qualcomm driver, plus the mi suite.

Following dragonguy's instructions: Upon connecting to the phone after you have pressed the vol+, vol- and power button to boot up, if the drivers failed to detect, please go to device manager and locate "QHSUSB_BULK" (usually is this). Manually install it by pointing it to the unzip qualcomm "DRIVER" folder.

The thing is, I can't find the "QHSUSB_BULK" file. Any ideas please? Right now my max is a bit of a brick - can't do anything with it.

Clarify your brick meaning.

IMHO, you never start flashed anything, it won't brick. To restart the set from empty black screen, just simply press and hold the power button until it restarts.
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
As per what dragonguy has said in the above post. That's the last additional step prior to plugin your Mi Max to PC. ;)

Read below: :s22:

***********************************************************

Disabling method for Windows 8.1 & 10 64-bit:
Permanent method:

> Press the Windows key + X and then click “Command Prompt (Admin)”, as shown below:-

> bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

> bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Lastly, please make sure the detect device is done b4 you start doing anything. No worry, we are here to help, not to make your set brick.

Update: Thanks bro kelvinti for the commands, i think i need to update it into the guide somehow. But how ar, closed threads le like cannot quote or edit lay lol.
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
As per what dragonguy has said in the above post. That's the last additional step prior to plugin your Mi Max to PC. ;)

Read below: :s22:

***********************************************************

Disabling method for Windows 8.1 & 10 64-bit:
Permanent method:

> Press the Windows key + X and then click “Command Prompt (Admin)”, as shown below:-

> bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

> bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

> Reboot your Win8!



Clarify your brick meaning.

IMHO, you never start flashed anything, it won't brick. To restart the set from empty black screen, just simply press and hold the power button until it restarts.

Good point. Thank you! I tried booting it up again via power button and it didn't work after a short while so I assumed it'd bricked, but clearly in this case not in the developer terminology.

I just turned off driver signature using the win8.1 restart method. Gonna try to see if can detect again. Will report back! :s22:

update: Device still not recognised :( Ok I'm quite lost now.

@Dragonguy - heh I had zero doubt that you and @Kelvinti are here to help! I appreciate both of you.
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Good point. Thank you! I tried booting it up again via power button and it didn't work after a short while so I assumed it'd bricked, but clearly in this case not in the developer terminology.

I just turned off driver signature using the win8.1 restart method. Gonna try to see if can detect again. Will report back! :s22:

And also please run the miflash (be it beta or official) as admin (right click, "run as administrator").

Add oil (jia you)!
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
Good point. Thank you! I tried booting it up again via power button and it didn't work after a short while so I assumed it'd bricked, but clearly in this case not in the developer terminology.

I just turned off driver signature using the win8.1 restart method. Gonna try to see if can detect again. Will report back! :s22:

update: Device still not recognised :( Ok I'm quite lost now.

@Dragonguy - heh I had zero doubt that you and @Kelvinti are here to help! I appreciate both of you.

Did you switch to MTP USB Mode from Notifications pull down after plug in?

I think the default is Charging Mode..

Off hand, I can't remember is this related to Charging mode or it effects the detection...
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Did you switch to MTP USB Mode from Notifications pull down after plug in?

I think the default is Charging Mode..

Off hand, I can't remember is this related to Charging mode or it effects the detection...

When I plug it in it's supposed to be in EDL mode, right? If so, how do I switch to the data transfer (MTP) mode?

On my Mi3 when I plug it in, it detects that there's a device but doesn't recognise the phone unless I - like you said - change it to mtp mode.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
When I plug it in it's supposed to be in EDL mode, right? If so, how do I switch to the data transfer (MTP) mode?

On my Mi3 when I plug it in, it detects that there's a device but doesn't recognise the phone unless I - like you said - change it to mtp mode.

Opps! =:p My bad! Haha! :s13: I blur sia! Nothing to do with simi Charging mode or MTP mode...Piaseh!

Can take a picture of your Device Manager showing that unrecognized port?



Dragonguy may have better advice for you....
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
When I plug it in it's supposed to be in EDL mode, right? If so, how do I switch to the data transfer (MTP) mode?

On my Mi3 when I plug it in, it detects that there's a device but doesn't recognise the phone unless I - like you said - change it to mtp mode.

Try this, after you connected the phone in edl mode to your computer, open device manager and find the qualcomm device. Delete it and refresh the device manager. See if it still being reinstalled or not.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top