Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
ok. just curious got miui 7 eu ROM boh.

< Corrected >

Opps! =:p You mean the old MIUI 7 ...! Got! Plenty of it! :s22:

However, for Mi Max/Prime, the oldest is MIUI 7.5!

xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_V7.5.6.0.MBDCNDE_v7-6.0.zip

xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX_V7.5.1.0.MBCCNDE_v7-6.0.zip

6E8iW59.jpg
 
Last edited:

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,391
Reaction score
25,318
woah thank you so much man. please give some of your "first impression" on the battery and volume.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
woah thank you so much man. please give some of your "first impression" on the battery and volume.

Okay! You will be happy to hear this for sure. :)

The first 2 tests completed:

1. Low volume via earpiece on YouTube = FIXED! The volume scaling is now normal and on level with stock Music app. No need to keep adjusting the volume level when switching between YouTube and stock Music app! Awesome! :s22:

2. Mi Sound Enhancer = FIXED too! It is working perfectly! I can now enable Mi Sound Profile for more immerse sound quality without any degradation or drop in volume (Both speaker and earpiece volume)! :s22:

This is basically due to that eu.rom uses China based rom 8.2.2.0!

My next test will be the yellow fever on camera.....
 
Last edited:

AcerAF715

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
1,427
Reaction score
0
I see. I can't remember which previous version of "good" non-yellow fever rom. Let me check the China based eu.rom 8.2.2.0 which I'm setting it up now to see if such yellow fever happend in China based rom as well.

Will report back later so that we at least, have an idea what is going on or if MIUI team has fixed it in other versions of ROM. :s22:

did u test the yellow fever issue yet? :s12:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
did u test the yellow fever issue yet? :s12:

<< Update >>

Hmmm...After testing.:s8:

Well...I think it's not as yellowish as the official Global rom if not there is not yellow fever at all. Coz the yellowish effect is so obvious in official Global rom the moment you activate the camera and point and shoot.

I guess it is pretty safe to say that there isn't any yellow fever effect with my current eu rom! :s22:

HOwever, it's still not conclusive yet! I can't give you a definite answer now!
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Today, I have plenty of time. So, after re-reading, I'm trying to install twrp and eu.rom 8.2.2.0 again...:s8:

....At the moment, my Mi Max is booting up after installation of eu.rom 8.2.2.0....Fingers and legs crossed.....hopefully it goes well...Kekeke! :D

In the worse case scenario if I don't like the eu.rom, I can just enter EDL mode again in eu.rom and miFlash back to official Global rom, right? :o

First of all, congrats to flash to xiaomi.eu rom, very easy right? Just that you don't have the right guide lol. I believe you will love it a lot as the stable version pretty good. For the beta i not sure liaoz.

Back the to answers from quote. Anytime you wish to go back official (which I doubt you will now, it seems like you loving it), just use edl mode to flash back to stock. Alternatively, if you wish to keep twrp (which is very useful at times), you can flash it via twrp using stock recovery rom. However, I think for this twrp and official rom, you need to read up more as I read before (don't know from where liaoz) official rom will erase away twrp at some point.

Other than that, happy using xiaomi.eu rom.

*Posting from Malaysia via Maxis Hotlink FAST*
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
First of all, congrats to flash to xiaomi.eu rom, very easy right? Just that you don't have the right guide lol. I believe you will love it a lot as the stable version pretty good. For the beta i not sure liaoz.

Back the to answers from quote. Anytime you wish to go back official (which I doubt you will now, it seems like you loving it), just use edl mode to flash back to stock. Alternatively, if you wish to keep twrp (which is very useful at times), you can flash it via twrp using stock recovery rom. However, I think for this twrp and official rom, you need to read up more as I read before (don't know from where liaoz) official rom will erase away twrp at some point.

Other than that, happy using xiaomi.eu rom.

*Posting from Malaysia via Maxis Hotlink FAST*

Wow! You are in Malaysia now.. Enjoy. :)

Yup! I have just finished all the setup. Pretty smooth rom and problem free for all apps.

WhatsApp has no issue as well even it is based in China rom.
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Wow! You are in Malaysia now.. Enjoy. :)

Yup! I have just finished all the setup. Pretty smooth rom and problem free for all apps.

WhatsApp has no issue as well even it is based in China rom.

Yes, basically china rom (optimized by cooker) with global rom functionality, less those annoying bug in global.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Yes, basically china rom (optimized by cooker) with global rom functionality, less those annoying bug in global.

Ya!:s22:

Ok! I have to admit that this eu rom (China rom 8.2.2.0 based) is simply out of this world!

It is problem-free (all my Apps), no bug found so far, smooth as silk and the most important of all, it doesn't has low volume via earpiece on YouTube's bug as well as the crippled Mi Sound Enhancer which are present in the official Global rom for months including the latest Global Stable 8.2.3.0!

Earpiece sound output quality is simply stunning now after enabling the Mi Sound Enhancer (I selected Color Edition profile)! :s22:

Everyone should try the eu rom. You will not regret it for sure! :)

** I didn't root it which I don't think I will.
 
Last edited:

pokipoki08

Master Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
3,932
Reaction score
1,712
Anyone using QC3 charger? Does it really cut down the charging time by a lot? If so, any charger to recommend?

QC2.0 is slow on charging max. takes about 4hrs to fully charged.
using aukey QC3.0, not more than 3hrs fully charged.

Folks at XDA did proper tests: max charging is capped at 2480mA, so it's QC2 rates.

Also, dependent on ROMs, kernels used. Kernel sources published by Xiaomi is incomplete, so daemon responsible for QC, file named hvdcp_opti is not working as it should. Ultimately, QC3 implementation lies on Xiaomi's shoulders, which was not done in an honest manner, although Qualcomm listed the phone as QC3-capable.

As long as the phone don't explode due to charging issues, it's good. For the price, its not a bad deal.

nijel8 is the lineage nougat rom dev at xda. If you need proper context, best to read the whole thread.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Finally, managed to install twrp and flash to eu.rom 8.2.2.0! First time on Mi Max or rather on Xiaomi device! A bit scary sia being a virgin...but WTF...just take the risk lah, else never learned! :s13:

Big Thank to few of you who have advised me and guided me through...:)

LgPJonk.png

so the rom eats up 12GB of storage?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
so the rom eats up 12GB of storage?

You blur lah! Haha! Where got 128gb eaten up by rom itself? See properly again... Kekeke.

As of now, after installing all my Apps and after copying most of all my media files into Mi Max, I still have 106GB free storage. :)

Anyway, damn shiok now listening to mp3, watching video and YouTube with Color Edition profile activated in Mi Sound Enhancer! The sound is so immerse. :) I have been missing it so much since the day MIUI Global team screwed it with MIUI 8 series of official rom.

 
Last edited:

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,391
Reaction score
25,318
i still enjoy loud volume at 50% with the very old ROM, without the enhancer.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
i still enjoy loud volume at 50% with the very old ROM, without the enhancer.

Yeah! The old rom was good in sound quality and loudness plus the working Mi Sound Enhancer!

I personally like the Color Edition profile. Not too much of extra bass and just the right touch of extra treble.

I'm listening at just at 45%-50% volume level and it's already loud and crisp enough! Shiok sia!

BRIT Awards 2017, Ed Sheeran ft. Stomzy... Sharp Of You! Shiok audio and visual enjoyment on the huge 6.4" display of Mi Max! No horse run!

https://youtu.be/v4GIfNf7AYk :s22:
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top