Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

cobragold

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
606
Reaction score
3
Mi max

Hi,
Just asking is it still worth it to buy the 128 gig version. I know nuts about this phone. Currently using samsung note 4. Battery life bad with low sot. Will the shop install global rom for me. How is the rep of this shop and any store pick up.

Thanks.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
You blur lah! Haha! Where got 128gb eaten up by rom itself? See properly again... Kekeke.

As of now, after installing all my Apps and after copying most of all my media files into Mi Max, I still have 106GB free storage. :)

Anyway, damn shiok now listening to mp3, watching video and YouTube with Color Edition profile activated in Mi Sound Enhancer! The sound is so immerse. :) I have been missing it so much since the day MIUI Global team screwed it with MIUI 8 series of official rom.


if this is so, how much does the rom eats up in storage space?

can sreenshot your storage part?
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
294
Hi,
Just asking is it still worth it to buy the 128 gig version. I know nuts about this phone. Currently using samsung note 4. Battery life bad with low sot. Will the shop install global rom for me. How is the rep of this shop and any store pick up.

Thanks.

It's quite ok. Only complain I have is the lousy camera.

Other than the camera, the screen is nice, the 128GB is damn shiok (still have 99GB free), battery life is good too. Easily 7 hours SOT even with light gaming.

It's easy to flash global ROM. Install MiFlash, which will install some drivers. Point to the right folder where the downloaded ROM is and that's it.
 

gundam77

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
246
Reaction score
4
Hi,
Just asking is it still worth it to buy the 128 gig version. I know nuts about this phone. Currently using samsung note 4. Battery life bad with low sot. Will the shop install global rom for me. How is the rep of this shop and any store pick up.

Thanks.

Hi cobragold,

am keen in getting the 4/128 Mi Max also, which vendor are you referring to and what's the price/ deal if you don't mind sharing, thanks.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
So far, no auto reboot to my Mi Max 128 since I got the set in December 2016.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,387
Reaction score
25,320
< Corrected >

Opps! =:p You mean the old MIUI 7 ...! Got! Plenty of it! :s22:

However, for Mi Max/Prime, the oldest is MIUI 7.5!

xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_V7.5.6.0.MBDCNDE_v7-6.0.zip

xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX_V7.5.1.0.MBCCNDE_v7-6.0.zip

6E8iW59.jpg

eh these ROMs came with playstore? any version without playstore?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
eh these ROMs came with playstore? any version without playstore?

All their roms come with playstore and Google service build-in. They are cater for international users in mind.

So, many Chinese apps or rather most of the Chinese apps found in official china rom are taken out from their roms.

If you want all the Chinese apps found in official china rom. Eu rom is not for you. Bear in mind of that.

It makes sense. :)
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
To eu rom gurus,

I can't seems to find any answer for this. Can advise?

I'm now running eu rom 8.2.2.0. Let's say there is a new one based on 8.2.3.0. Can I just download the new 8.2.3.0.zip, copy it into my Mi Max and then update it via the System Update by "Choose update package"?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
thx for the info, seems like the eu rom takes abt 10gb of storage, like the usual miui rom.

It should be about the same size as Xiaomi.EU took out almost all Chinese Apps and inserted all the needed Google Services in its eu rom, build for the international community. :s22:
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
To eu rom gurus,

I can't seems to find any answer for this. Can advise?

I'm now running eu rom 8.2.2.0. Let's say there is a new one based on 8.2.3.0. Can I just download the new 8.2.3.0.zip, copy it into my Mi Max and then update it via the System Update by "Choose update package"?

Yes you can do that. Just download the new xiaomi.eu rom and update via updater like recovery.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top