Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
are all the diff models running at 120 refresh hz? sian was hoping this to be my next manga reader lol

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shopee already have people selling mipad 5 at $599 and mipad 5 pro non 5g at $719. Face palm prices for non global sets.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I have to pass if there is no memory card slot. I buy Android device because I can make use of multi-sim card and/or external memory slot. Pay so much money with no commitment on how many years they will support the software. I owned Mipad4 (both sizes) and I am willing to pay the price because I know what I am getting. Want to charge this level (price) then must show the same level of commitment.

MrRayded

Reaction score
Im very interested in this Mi Pad 5. Anyone have any clue whether there will be an official global launch? Saw an article that stated that the tablet has gotten IMDA approval but the announcement is almost like it will be a China only set. Xiaomi international announced the Mi Mix 4 but no mention of Mi Pad 5

Anyway i think it is still a really good price and hope they launch it here officially.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im very interested in this Mi Pad 5. Anyone have any clue whether there will be an official global launch? Saw an article that stated that the tablet has gotten IMDA approval but the announcement is almost like it will be a China only set. Xiaomi international announced the Mi Mix 4 but no mention of Mi Pad 5

Anyway i think it is still a really good price and hope they launch it here officially.
With the chips shortage and WFH & HBL a reality in many places including China, you can be sure Xiaomi will be arm twisted to prioritizing internal sales...

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting although seems a little heavier than I like. Price seems reasonable to me considering the chipset and the refresh rate.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not say it was heavy. I said it was heavier than I like because I am used to long hours using tablets in the 450g or so range.
Yes I see... but aren't those like 10.1 or 10.4"? Not sure if got 11" tablets less than 500 g? Usually bigger screen means much heavier cos also much larger battery... I think the battery is the main source of the increased weight...

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes I see... but aren't those like 10.1 or 10.4"? Not sure if got 11" tablets less than 500 g? Usually bigger screen means much heavier cos also much larger battery... I think the battery is the main source of the increased weight...
Yes it seems unavoidable with the bigger screens. I hope there's a physical unit for me to feel out before deciding.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it seems unavoidable with the bigger screens. I hope there's a physical unit for me to feel out before deciding.
Yeah... I also came to that conclusion some time back cos I like big screens... and I think we're kind of at the limit of how thin the device can be in order not to compromise battery life unless there's a significant jump in battery technology which uses lighter materials (lithium already super light) but retain the same capacity and rate of charging and discharging... so no hope for larger but lighter tablets unless use plastic but I don't mind if the device can be equally thin, premium feeling and even lighter... so far all manufacturers do group think leh... all must use metal for premium tablets... sigh...

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I feel past few years mobile phone and especially tablets have reached a point without much creativity already. Its only about faster, nicer picture quality. Even the recent folding screen isn't much to woah woah to be honest...
For Mipad 5, this pricetag doesnt do much justice for the much anticipation...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I feel past few years mobile phone and especially tablets have reached a point without much creativity already. Its only about faster, nicer picture quality. Even the recent folding screen isn't much to woah woah to be honest...
For Mipad 5, this pricetag doesnt do much justice for the much anticipation...

that is so true, most of the improvement are on the hardware aspects. initially was thinking of Lenovo, now considering this. but after looking deep into it, probably a budget China tablet will serve the same purpose.

which is why I'm also considering Huawei tablet at the moment. at least Huawei is coming up with a lot of innovation in their Harmony OS, and I am really keen to try out the multi screen collaboration with my Huawei phone.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that is so true, most of the improvement are on the hardware aspects. initially was thinking of Lenovo, now considering this. but after looking deep into it, probably a budget China tablet will serve the same purpose.

which is why I'm also considering Huawei tablet at the moment. at least Huawei is coming up with a lot of innovation in their Harmony OS, and I am really keen to try out the multi screen collaboration with my Huawei phone.
This is why I am keeping a close watch at the chinese tablet thread too. :p
Cant blame Lei Jun why he didnt want to go on tablet market for the past 3 years. Basically layman can say a tablet is just a bigger version of mobile phone, so might as well just concentrate on the phone instead. Even for phone, look at their latest Mix4. Other than the specs, it doesnt seem to excel much either. The other brands dont seem exactly keen to go aggressive on the folding models as well, probably dont see the trend and future in it.
The big brands really need to think what is the next stage for mobile devices (maybe they are already). Bigger memory space, faster processing speed, better resolution screen/camera, thats it. I feel even the smartwear section seem to be stagnant too...

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Get from taobao the lenovo xiaoxin pad pro 2021 or matepad 11 if you want to try harmony OS. Both are going for RMB$2499. Don't undertstand how the hell matepad 11 costs $699 over here. Tried the demo set at Challenger and aside from the lack of GMS, i kinda like the overall design and feel of the tablet. But i will never pay the local msrp even when the current promo comes with free M-pencil and wireless keyboard.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get from taobao the lenovo xiaoxin pad pro 2021 or matepad 11 if you want to try harmony OS. Both are going for RMB$2499. Don't undertstand how the hell matepad 11 costs $699 over here. Tried the demo set at Challenger and aside from the lack of GMS, i kinda like the overall design and feel of the tablet. But i will never pay the local msrp even when the current promo comes with free M-pencil and wireless keyboard.
If it's half the price then yes lar... more worth to buy from China... but really $600 (I expect SRP) for the pencil + keyboard is pretty impressive already...

Luxanna

Reaction score
Preordered Mi Pad 5 Pro.. With case and a slight discount from seller total is $736. Quite reasonable because still have one year warranty from seller, include GST. Seller said will ship along with charger and tempered glass. If get directly from taobao still have other fees to pay also but no warranty.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.