Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

thunderskain

Reaction score
I think most impt thing is to understand your needs. There is no perfect tablet for everyone. Even if there is, it will come with the major con of being highly priced.

For me, I transfer files to and fro devices a lot, and store a lot of photos/videos in the tablet. So a micro SD card slot is a must have for me.
I also use tablet for a majority in media consumption and gaming. So a good screen is also a must-have. OLED screens will be brilliant.
I expect good gaming performance, since I do play games like genshin impact.
It's also quite desirable to have a desktop mode. But a tablet with desktop mode without HDMI-out is useless since I cannot easily connect to monitors or projectors for presentation/sharing. Without a way to connect to external displays, it can hardly qualify for being a 'laptop replacement'.

Given all these factors, I chose the Lenovo p11 pro. For the upcoming 11.11 sales, if pad pro 2021 has major discounts, I will consider upgrading.
But P11 Pro is different price point already though, so i think its not a comparison of table in the same league

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
But P11 Pro is different price point already though, so i think its not a comparison of table in the same league

The purpose of my post is not about comparison but more about needs and features.

Moreover, the model I chose is significantly cheaper, though with a weaker processor. (Bought at $289 online on 10/10. Almost $100 off it's usually price). Most bros here bought online also with significant discount even for the mi pad 5 rather than buying from the official shop.

When u look at the competition when some bros can get a flagship sd 870 powered lenovo pad pro 2021 with full features like wifi 6, micro SD card, etc, at only $470 last mth in the 10/10 sales, most would relook their options.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The purpose of my post is not about comparison but more about needs and features.

Moreover, the model I chose is significantly cheaper, though with a weaker processor. (Bought at $289 online on 10/10. Almost $100 off it's usually price). Most bros here bought online also with significant discount even for the mi pad 5 rather than buying from the official shop.

When u look at the competition when some bros can get a flagship sd 870 powered lenovo pad pro 2021 with full features like wifi 6, micro SD card, etc, at only $470 last mth in the 10/10 sales, most would relook their options.
Wah 470? But no warranty is export set right... Then no wincine l1.. Only l3

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah 470? But no warranty is export set right... Then no wincine l1.. Only l3

Hope that 11/11 got such big discounts... But so far, doesn't looks like it....

$30 coupons in shoppee for use at 11/11 are claimable.

The lenovo pad pro 2021 has no global version and no official global rom yet.

Some sellers flash some unknown custom ROM and call it 'global rom' and lost the widevine l1 due to unlocked bootloader.

These sets need to be flashed back to the original cn zui rom and lock the bootloader to get widevine l1 back.

Warranty only at China. Seller will ship it back to claim.

Mi pad 4 has the same issue also since there is no official global release and some sellers flash some unknown custom global rom.

For buyers of mi pad 5 pro, beware also if the seller claim to have global rom.

BPLL0jH_d.webp

Like my Lenovo pad pro is the China version but the seller did not mess with the ROM. So it comes with widevine l1.

Last edited:

bbcccc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some sellers flash some unknown custom ROM and call it 'global rom' and lost the widevine l1 due to unlocked bootloader.
These sets need to be flashed back to the original cn zui rom and lock the bootloader to get widevine l1 back.
Mi pad 4 has the same issue also since there is no official global release and some sellers flash some unknown custom global rom.
BPLL0jH_d.webp

Like my Lenovo pad pro is the China version but the seller did not mess with the ROM. So it comes with widevine l1.

same.
bought from shopee seller.
official china rom. I installed the gms n everything wrked well.

Sent from LG Wing

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BPLL0jH_d.webp

thanks... so for shoppee get from aphone aka tanteo785 or

monmartechnology better?​

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks... so for shoppee get from aphone aka tanteo785 or

monmartechnology better?​

Mercurytech. The shop has its own promotion at that time and adding shopee's own 10/10 voucher, it brought the price down to around $470 last mth.

This seller also won't install those unofficial roms.

But some buyers feedback that this seller sometimes is slow in shipping.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mercurytech. The shop has its own promotion at that time and adding shopee's own 10/10 voucher, it brought the price down to around $470 last mth.

This seller also won't install those unofficial roms.

But some buyers feedback that this seller sometimes is slow in shipping.
Ok thx alot....

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gotten my mi pad 5 yesterday !! jin shiok mens... got the keyboard case as well
moi box comes with the "EIN" so ish global set I assume
moi dont really watch netflix but download DRM to check is L1, so should be good?

Tia gong from my part time work corlick that netflix can buy taobao cheap cheap or use those free sites provide netflix bideo like levidia. Chinese show can use xfplay then my. mx456 . com or tangrenjie (dang moi missed the今movie365 app) maybe will consider netflix in future if moi need it

keyboard case works well with its own shortcut (shift + space) switch language between eng and chinese
I had to disable chinese handwriting otherwise the language switching via keyboard shortcuts a bit hard use. end up use eng and chi pinyin

overall bery satisfied.... 6GB +128GB, moi has used the advice of some bros here removed majority of the bloatware (via ADB, connect to PC), except Clock? moi is okay with MIUI clock. the rest moi change to google except email cuz moi use outlook.

One thing that bugs moi is the icons cuz is old google icons, moi phone pixel 4a the icons all new. the multi window quite good for moi as well. Only thing is some apps bo landscape so the landscape mode auto turn back portrait if app dont support it.

120Hz is jin ho kua... even better than moi PC monitor (75Hz prism+ one, damn I regret buying prism products)

May I know where did you purchase it from? Why 128Gb and not 256Gb? Thank you!

DelinquentXX

Reaction score
Got 1 question.. any bros using the mi pad 5 and cast on a xiaomi tv? Is it fast? Or will lag and dc from the tv on and off? My xiaotv has no 5g... intend to grab this xiaomi pad 5 to cast to the tv to overcome the slow speed...

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gotten my mi pad 5 yesterday !! jin shiok mens... got the keyboard case as well
moi box comes with the "EIN" so ish global set I assume
moi dont really watch netflix but download DRM to check is L1, so should be good?

Tia gong from my part time work corlick that netflix can buy taobao cheap cheap or use those free sites provide netflix bideo like levidia. Chinese show can use xfplay then my. mx456 . com or tangrenjie (dang moi missed the今movie365 app) maybe will consider netflix in future if moi need it

keyboard case works well with its own shortcut (shift + space) switch language between eng and chinese
I had to disable chinese handwriting otherwise the language switching via keyboard shortcuts a bit hard use. end up use eng and chi pinyin

overall bery satisfied.... 6GB +128GB, moi has used the advice of some bros here removed majority of the bloatware (via ADB, connect to PC), except Clock? moi is okay with MIUI clock. the rest moi change to google except email cuz moi use outlook.

One thing that bugs moi is the icons cuz is old google icons, moi phone pixel 4a the icons all new. the multi window quite good for moi as well. Only thing is some apps bo landscape so the landscape mode auto turn back portrait if app dont support it.

120Hz is jin ho kua... even better than moi PC monitor (75Hz prism+ one, damn I regret buying prism products)
May I know which seller did you bought it from?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing is mi pad 5 is listed on xiaomi official store lazada for 11.11 sales but out of stock. Have to ask the seller when is the delivery

jhleo1

Reaction score
Got 1 question.. any bros using the mi pad 5 and cast on a xiaomi tv? Is it fast? Or will lag and dc from the tv on and off? My xiaotv has no 5g... intend to grab this xiaomi pad 5 to cast to the tv to overcome the slow speed...
I tried yesterday with my Pad 5 Pro (should be same for Pad 5) to my old Xiaomi MiTV4. Connect thru MiTV4 micast, working well on youtube. No notice any lagging. I think not all app work well eg tvbanywhere+ app, the TV showed "green" video only at the Video Display portion from the app even before I cast it fullscreen.

babalusan

Reaction score
p11 pro lenovo display is pentile, not sharp
never demo before so i cant comment further
mi pad 5 challenger 128gb out of stock

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
p11 pro lenovo display is pentile, not sharp
never demo before so i cant comment further
mi pad 5 challenger 128gb out of stock
Mi pad 5 everywhere out of stock ?!?!
Its listed on lazada xiaomi store for 11.11 sales. I chat the seller when is delivery as its oos but no reply

DelinquentXX

Reaction score
Yup I have her I got her up to red liao.. one of my mains, beside the holy paladin girl, my support is the girl from Dragon camp, mage is the queen... and shooter is the guy from the lianmeng one.

Ideally if whole team from same clan u get extra buff

But very difficult for non p2w players :o

Screenshot_20210911-083913.jpg

Can use??

I tried yesterday with my Pad 5 Pro (should be same for Pad 5) to my old Xiaomi MiTV4. Connect thru MiTV4 micast, working well on youtube. No notice any lagging. I think not all app work well eg tvbanywhere+ app, the TV showed "green" video only at the Video Display portion from the app even before I cast it fullscreen.
Thank you for trying and sharing this info. Sounds like good to give it a try. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.