Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

sportee27

Reaction score
Anyone still looking? I have an under-utilized piece with local warranty bought on impulse. PM me if interested.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received mine! Very snappy! But weird that some apps cannot be used in landscape. E.g.reddit app.
Not a brand related issue. This happens to many droid tabs.
The thing is, most apps are developed as phone apps. So naturally, portrait mode is in default. Besides games and some productivity apps, the rest normally cannot be switched to landscape mode.

So essentially, your 'reddit app' is supposed to be programmed for smartphone use. This is also why sometimes when you attempt to download an app, there is the message telling you that the app may not be compatible with the device you are using.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is one main reason why tablets are not as popular, cos' most developers, even major ones, do not write specific apps for big android screens. such a pity...

rootz

Reaction score
Bros, checking on whether is XM MP5 Pro a better deal compared to XXPP21? PS if asked alot of times. Thanks in advance.

Usage more of entertainment purpose rather than work purpose. Thanks.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bros, checking on whether is XM MP5 Pro a better deal compared to XXPP21? PS if asked alot of times. Thanks in advance.

Usage more of entertainment purpose rather than work purpose. Thanks.
simi is XXPP21? MP5 Pro not officially sold here.

rharish_21

Reaction score
simi is XXPP21? MP5 Pro not officially sold here.
XXPP21 -> xiaoxin pad pro 2021..
For me, i would take the Mi Pad 5 or Pad 5 Pro.. Pad pro 2021 screen technology (Pentile matrix) is worse and black crush issue is also very bad

camelsback

Reaction score
This tablet does not have a secure biometric security. i.e. fingerprint unlock.

So whenever I have to access password protected apps such as bank apps, I have to manually type my password.
Even a password manager app requires me to type a pin or password first.

I understand this tablet has face unlock, but it's not secure enough (not using lidar), so bank apps do not recognise this method as a secure biometric.

A thing to note for potential buyers. This can be troublesome when u need to constantly access your investment apps.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience flickering of screen on your tab 5? Today my screen is not responding suddenly, I tried to press the power on button but I'm only getting green flickering screen.

tek888

Reaction score
Hey guys,

am considering pad 5 pro with the 870 cpu and will like to get some advice here before deciding whether to get this or lenovo.

1) went over to xiaomi's local site and only see Pad 5 there. So officially, pad 5 pro is not sold here right? So the pad 5 pros in the market are imported from China?

2) Better to go with China ROM or Global ROM? Is Global ROM official release or a custom version? Any problems getting Android updates?

3) Need to sideload Google Play Store?

4) Found this shopee seller selling $539. Any cheaper ones to recommend?
https://shopee.sg/xiaomi-mi-pad-5-x...b9&xptdk=b01e1458-acb5-4aa8-9263-6be714dc39b9
thank you in advance!

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pro only sold in China, buy at ur own risks cos' no xiaomi warranty. For shop warranty, if shop closed down tomorrow, no warranty too.

Actually based on reviews, SD860 and SD870 not much difference on the Pad 5.

tek888

Reaction score
Pro only sold in China, buy at ur own risks cos' no xiaomi warranty. For shop warranty, if shop closed down tomorrow, no warranty too.

Actually based on reviews, SD860 and SD870 not much difference on the Pad 5.
thanks bro. i decided to get a lenovo instead.

cryptocraft

Reaction score
This tablet does not have a secure biometric security. i.e. fingerprint unlock.

So whenever I have to access password protected apps such as bank apps, I have to manually type my password.
Even a password manager app requires me to type a pin or password first.

I understand this tablet has face unlock, but it's not secure enough (not using lidar), so bank apps do not recognise this method as a secure biometric.

A thing to note for potential buyers. This can be troublesome when u need to constantly access your investment apps.
Is this a problem with the pro, too?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MiPad 6 is rumoured to be out in August. Heng I didn't get it yesterday during the 'sale'. Can afford to wait till then :)

pearl_ml

Reaction score
MiPad 6 is rumoured to be out in August. Heng I didn't get it yesterday during the 'sale'. Can afford to wait till then :)
rumor also saying Pad 6 series will be powered by MediaTek chip instead of snapdragon.. some people may skip this version if it's true

bbcccc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rumor also saying Pad 6 series will be powered by MediaTek chip instead of snapdragon.. some people may skip this version if it's true
wouldn't mind getting if it's powered by the dimensity 8100

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.