Xiaomi Pad Mini

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,636
Reaction score
5,724
I saw there is xiaomi pad mini 2 released at China market.
AI Overview



The Xiaomi Pad Mini 2 (2025/2026 model, sometimes referred to as the 8.8-inch Pad Mini) is a high-performance compact tablet featuring a 3K 165Hz IPS display, MediaTek Dimensity 9400+ chipset, and 67W fast charging. It is designed for portability and gaming, with an 8.8-inch screen and 7500mAh battery.
Xiaomi +4
Key Specifications & Features
  • Display: 8.8-inch IPS LCD, 1880 x 3008 pixels (3K), 165Hz refresh rate, 700 nits peak brightness.
  • Performance: MediaTek Dimensity 9400+ (3nm) with up to 12GB LPDDR5X RAM and 512GB UFS 4.1 storage.
  • Battery: 7500mAh battery with 67W wired charging and 18W reverse charging.
  • Cameras: 13 MP rear camera, 8 MP front camera.
  • Software: Android 15 with HyperOS 2.
  • Build: 6.5 mm thickness, 326g weight, metallic unibody with magnetic stylus support.
  • Audio/Connectivity: Stereo speakers (Dolby Atmos), USB-C, Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.4.
    Xiaomi +3
Price and Availability (Singapore - May 2026)
Note: The "Pad Mini 2" often competes with the larger, budget-focused Redmi Pad series (e.g., Redmi Pad 2 Pro).
 

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
18,414
Reaction score
3,472
Anyone faced the same issue as me before?

I was charging a 3 month old pad mini and then it suddenly can't work at all

It can't be powered up

Had to send to xiaomi svc centre
 

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
18,414
Reaction score
3,472
What did the service centre said?
They didn't say anything. Basically what happened was -

My tablet had around 70% of battery life left and and I proceed to plug into the the charger as per normal

15 mins later when I remove the charging cable

I realize that the tablet couldn't be turned on

I tried to google for remedy but nothing worked

Had to send it for repair

Funny thing was it's only a 3 months old device and it's the first time a xiaomi/poco tablet actually died on me

So far apart for asking for my imei number

The svc centre didn't really gave much feedback on anything yet
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,527
Reaction score
4,133
They didn't say anything. Basically what happened was -

My tablet had around 70% of battery life left and and I proceed to plug into the the charger as per normal

15 mins later when I remove the charging cable

I realize that the tablet couldn't be turned on

I tried to google for remedy but nothing worked

Had to send it for repair

Funny thing was it's only a 3 months old device and it's the first time a xiaomi/poco tablet actually died on me

So far apart for asking for my imei number

The svc centre didn't really gave much feedback on anything yet
Right, sounds like a possible motherboard issue.
 

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
18,414
Reaction score
3,472
Right, sounds like a possible motherboard issue.
I must be damn unlucky bcoz I've been using the tablet as per normal

It's my first time having a tablet die on me for no apparent reason

Anyway, they say no spare parts atm

I gotta wait for their next update when the parts are confirmed
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,527
Reaction score
4,133
I must be damn unlucky bcoz I've been using the tablet as per normal

It's my first time having a tablet die on me for no apparent reason

Anyway, they say no spare parts atm

I gotta wait for their next update when the parts are confirmed
Yes, MB failure do happen but on the bright side at least it failed during warranty coverage.
Imagine just after end of warranty then you kena this, you will cry. :s22:

How long did they said for the MB to come? A month?
 

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
18,414
Reaction score
3,472
Yes, MB failure do happen but on the bright side at least it failed during warranty coverage.
Imagine just after end of warranty then you kena this, you will cry. :s22:

How long did they said for the MB to come? A month?
Sad thing is they just put in the order for the spare part(s) replacement today and will only get a reply on the availability in 1 weeks time :(

Yeah I get what you mean but honestly speaking, I'm kinda surprised that it even died in the first place
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,527
Reaction score
4,133
Sad thing is they just put in the order for the spare part(s) replacement today and will only get a reply on the availability in 1 weeks time :(

Yeah I get what you mean but honestly speaking, I'm kinda surprised that it even died in the first place
Right, so they do not have floating stocks available which means MB failure isn't a common occurence the service centre expects.

Yes, pretty surprised too since its that new. How's your usage of the tablet though, gaming on it or?
 

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
18,414
Reaction score
3,472
Right, so they do not have floating stocks available which means MB failure isn't a common occurence the service centre expects.

Yes, pretty surprised too since its that new. How's your usage of the tablet though, gaming on it or?
Gaming, YouTube and streaming movies/shows
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top