Xperia New Product Announcement

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it'll be a shame if they're still stuck with the heaty gen 1 when other brands are already armed with 1+

by the way, the article claims (rumour) that the camera setup is the same as v mark 3. how was v mark 3 against 1 mark 3 in terms of camera? were they identical?

pity they couldn't transfer the variable zoom from mark 4 over...

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-...-variable-zoom-periscope-camera.659230.0.html

Moreover, the same leaker asserts that the device's rumoured 48 MP telephoto camera will be a modified Sony IMX557. For context, Sony has used the IMX557 in the Xperia 1 series from the Xperia 1 II onwards, as well as the Xperia 5 II, Xperia 5 III and the Xperia 5 IV. Reputedly, the modified sensor will be capable of delivering 70-200 mm equivalent focal lengths, or 2.9x-8.3x optical zoom. Orientated as a periscope camera, the modified IMX557 will measure approximately 4 cm across.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
From Zackbuks he said likely no more pro series announcement for this year.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably explains why there is no pro-I successor, might have only been for a tech demo.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Aquos R8 for instance.

I think the pro model is always an experiment to test the market. I don't think most of the mainstream consumers will respond well to high prices, given that it is still a smartphone no matter how great of a camera performance it has. People are spoilt for choices these days, especially android os where you can pay about a hundred to few thousands for a phone. Now that they probably achieved some results from pro model, they can start to put new similar technology to their main lineup for coming years.

chooyoshi

Reaction score
I think the pro model is always an experiment to test the market. I don't think most of the mainstream consumers will respond well to high prices, given that it is still a smartphone no matter how great of a camera performance it has. People are spoilt for choices these days, especially android os where you can pay about a hundred to few thousands for a phone. Now that they probably achieved some results from pro model, they can start to put new similar technology to their main lineup for coming years.
Then what explains the z folds?
Better marketing, financing, trade ins... Things that Sony is not going to match

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then what explains the z folds?
Better marketing, financing, trade ins... Things that Sony is not going to match

What do you mean by explaining? Folding phones are not new technology and probably the folding screen which is not anything ground-breaking.

I mentioned before, sony is not interested to put money here due to most consumers following U.S. trends of buying U.S and Korean brands smartphones. They make most of their profit from gaming and TVs, why bother with smartphone market that is oversaturated with many players and decreasing profits.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.